The base for my mornin’ meal was no salt added cottage cheese (terrible on it’s own, but delicious when blended) blended with sweetener and cocoa powder.
I used about a tablespoon of cocoa powder in this mix, so it was super chocolatey. Just the way I like it!
I then added a cup of Cheerios to the mix for some whole grains and that crunch I adore.
Creamy, crunchy and filling. Agreat Wednesday breakfast.
I have been attending BodyPump classes Monday, Wednesday and Fridays for a while now. I usually try to trade out one day of the class for my own total-body weight routine to keep my body guessing, but I was enjoying the Pump so much that I haven’t done that in a while.
Enter: this morning! After 25 minutes of light cardio on the elliptical (while browsing through The Popcorn Factory’s holiday catalog and salivating at every item), I hit the weight room for a total-body weight routine. My workout today looked like this:
- Step ups: 30 lbs., 15 reps per leg, 3 sets
- Shoulder raises: 20 lbs., 15 reps, 3 sets
- Deadlifts: 60 lbs. 15 reps, 3 sets
- Bicep curls: 30 lbs., 15 reps, 3 sets
- Tricep extensions: 20 lbs., 15 reps, 3 sets
- Side bends: 30 lbs., 15 reps each side, 3 sets
- Hamstring exercise ball curls: Body weight, 20 reps, 3 sets
- Abdominal work
- Leg extensions: 40 lbs., 15 reps, 3 sets
(Note: The weight listed is the total amount of weight used. For instance in the Bicep curls, I used a total of 30 lbs. with 15 lb. dumbbells in each hand.)
It felt good to change it up a bit!
What’s your favorite body part to work out in the gym?
My favorite is probably my shoulders or my abs. I really don’t like working out legs! Ughhh.