Sweet Stuff

Today my sweet tooth is running rampant! I can’t get enough of the sweet stuff!

After a nice walk around the lake with Ryan and Sadie, I enjoyed a morning meal of lemony fluff.

Pre-Blended Lemon Bowl

Lemony Jello Bowl

Ingredients:

• One package lemon sugar free jello
  • 3/4 c. cottage cheese

Directions:

Prepare jello only using one cup of hot water. Do not add the additional cup of cold water as directed on the packaging. After jello hardens, add 3/4 c. cottage cheese and blend until a mousse-like texture is achieved.

I also enjoyed a chocolate peanut butter sandwich on a whole wheat sandwich thin.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich

Peanut Buttery!

After breakfast I hung out in the back yard with Sadie and started reading Wicked while Ryan headed off to soccer practice.

Wicked

I am going to see  Wicked, the musical on February 6 with my mom and my sister. Ryan actually received tickets for us to see the show from his mom for Christmas, so I will be going again at the end of February as well. I love musicals, so I can’t wait!

The weather is so nice in Orlando today and it was great to spend the majority of the day outside. Ryan had fun at soccer practice and came home hungry. Since my sweet tooth was still going strong, I made us 5 minute chocolate mug cake using a recipe my aunt emailed me yesterday.

The entire cake is made in a mug and ready to eat within 5 minutes.

Mug Cake: Step One

Mug Cake: Step Two

Mug Cake: All Done!

The cake was delicious! We enjoyed it with a Healthy Choice fudge bar. Cake and ice cream make the perfect combination.

Cake and Ice Cream

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Ingredients:

• 4 tbsp.  flour
  • 4 tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp. milk
  • 3 tbsp. oil
  • Splash of vanilla extract
  • Optional: chocolate chips, nuts

Directions:

Mix all dry ingredients in mug. Stir in egg. Mix in remaining wet ingredients until combined. Microwave on high for three minutes.

I don’t know if being five minutes away from chocolate cake is a very good thing or a very bad thing… :)

At this rate, my dinner will be cookies and brownies. Anything to satisfy this intense sweet tooth!

Comments

I’m going to see Wicked Feb. 27th! I’m so excited :) I tried reading the book, but couldn’t get into it. I love the soundtrack though!!

My Junior League cookbook has a recipe for the cake in a mug- I was really surprised at how good it is!!

What an easy way to make chocolate cake! And you will LOVE Wicked! I saw this past August when it came to Austin and it was AMAZING! I love musicals too and this one did not dissapoint!

3. Alison says

Your lemon fluff looks awesome! What a creative idea! I will have to try it with strawberry or watermelon jell-o sometime…yum!

That’s really cool you are going to see Wicked. I’m actually going to see Beauty & the Beast and Lord of the Dance with my mom this year! I love shows! :)

I’ve been meaning to try the mug cake… it looks yummy! I did try the three-minute oatmeal cookie- wasn’t as big of a fan that I was hoping to be (maybe a good thing in the end).

5. Kristi Henderson says

I just made this mug cake for my fiancé and topped in with Hershey’s syrup and he loved it! Thanks for the recipe!

6. Suzanne says

This mug cake is delicious! My boyfriend and I used to eat it until I calculated the WW points and found out it was almost 17 points for the whole thing—needless to say I have NEVER made it again! It was amazing while it lasted though! LOL

Hey Julie!

I just tried this recipe last night with my boyfriend. It was delicious! They turned out a little bigger than I expected which is never a bad thing.

I completely agree with you thought, 5 minutes away from a mouth-watering dessert is never a good thing.

Thanks for sharing this.

8. Maya says

I tried the mug cake with a scoop of chocolate protein powder and applesauce instead of oil and it was amazing and healthy too!! thanks for posting:)