Two Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken

I adore the crock pot. What I do not adore is crock pot recipes that are intense, comprised of a billion ingredients and require cooking before using the crock pot!

To me, the point of the slow cooker is to throw everything into a pot and “fahgettaboudit.”

Ryan and I think our slow cooker pulled pork is one of the best around and the recipe only requires two ingredients: pork and beef broth. Tonight we decided to replicate that recipe using chicken.

Before leaving for work, I threw two very large chicken breasts into the slow cooker and covered the meat with chicken broth. I let the breasts cook on low all day (about 8 hours).

While I prepped the veggies for tonight’s dinner, Ryan (aka my meat man) got to work shredding the chicken with two forks until it was pulled apart and lookin’ fine!

Pulled Chicken

I topped my chicken with BBQ sauce and ended up enjoying it on a Arnold whole wheat sandwich thin. I looooove BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches.

My Plate

BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich

Two Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken

Ingredients:

• Chicken breasts
  • Chicken broth

Directions:

Remove any unwanted fat from chicken breasts and place the breasts in the slow cooker. Pour chicken broth over the breasts until covered in broth. Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours. Remove chicken breasts from crock pot and shred with a fork.

Wicked Good Dessert

For dessert I enjoyed a cup of Jello dark chocolate decadence mousse. These lil’ babies are so darn delicious.

Jello Mousse

…And I’m off to read Wicked! A woman at the gym offered to bring me the Wicked soundtrack to listen to before I see the musical. She said she’d bring it for me tomorrow and I hope to give it a listen soon. I love musicals and showtunes. They make me smile! :)

Goodnight!

Comments

1. Anne @ the doctor takes a wife says

Wicked is SUCH a good musical. I’m so jealous you get to see it live. The music is amazing–you’ll love the sound track.

Have you listened to Legally Blonde the musical??

We also do a great pulled bbq pork in our house….a pork roast, 1 can cola, and 1 c. bbq sauce. Throw in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, shred, and devour in a bun! So easy and yummy….I agree with you the crockpot is a great invention.

3. Megan says

ooober fattening but when you want to add something splendid to that chicken…give it some cream cheese, cheddar cheese and hot sauce! Awesome buffalo chicken!

4. Angie Reed says

This looks so simple. I’ll try it. If you like a little spice, I put some pace picante salsa on chicken in the crock pot and make tacos and tostadas out of it for a few days. Tasty

5. Bethany says

Hey Julie, I was wondering could you use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe? Or do they need to be thawed first?

6. Tiffany says

I totally agree about crock pot recipes needing to hand minimal ingredients and very little prep work…the crock pot should do all the work, not the cook :) Can’t wait to try this; it looks delish & super easy!

7. Robin says

I know it’s been quite a while since you posted this, but this is the first time I’ve read through your recipe. Just a little tip for when it comes to shredding chicken: if you have a Kitchen Aid standing mixer, throw the chicken breasts in while they’re warm and use the mixing paddle to shred them. I’ve found that speeds between 2 & 4 work well, pausing to mix it up from the bottom, else you’ll have super shredded on the bottom and big chunks of meat closer to the top. It saves time and your hands from getting carpal tunnel. ;)

PS- love your posts!