In honor of our six years of loooove, I figured I would share six facts about our relationship with you:
- We met at our university’s gym during my freshman year of college.
- Our first date was dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. The restaurant was more than 20 minutes away and I remember being so worried that we wouldn’t have enough to talk about on the way there and back… ha!
- Our first kiss was on our second date at Ryan’s apartment. We watched a movie, ate mint chocolate chip ice cream out of the container and played mancala.
- Ryan first told me he loved me four months after we first started dating. I went on a trip to Bermuda with my family and he said my absence made him realize how much he missed me and wanted me in his life. 🙂
- We’ve never broken up once during our six years of dating… Slow and steady wins the race. 😉
- Ryan proposed on Oct. 3, 2009, two days before his 26th birthday. He planned an elaborate scavenger hunt, that ended in a proposal. He arranged for our families to surprise me at dinner at one of our favorite restaurants afterward. It was perfect!
In keeping with tradition, tonight Ryan and I are heading out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, the location of our first date. We’ve gone there every year since our first date.
Though the date is always wonderful, I have a bad track record with our anniversary dinner. Two of the last five times I’ve woken up in the middle of the night puking! Not fun. Now when we go there I try to order “safer” dishes since I’ve had two icky experiences that I can only attribute to my dinner.
If you’re in a relationship, what do you do to celebrate your anniversary?
I’m excited for a hot anniversary date with my fiancé!
Workout + Breakfast
Ryan and I hit the gym nice and early this morning. I went to BodyPump while he did his own he-man workout. 🙂 The new BodyPump release is growing on me a bit. I was a hater last week, but I think a couple days away from the class made me enjoy it more this morning.
After BodyPump, I did 25 minutes of cardio, divided between the elliptical and the treadmill.
Breakfast was a filling bowl of cocoa cupcake batter hot cereal.
My breakfast bowl contained:
- Chocolate cream Flax-Z-Snax hot cereal
- All the Whey cupcake batter protein powder
- Cocoa powder
I think I prefer total chocolate indulgence and like the chocolate peanut butter cup protein powder better in this mix than the cupcake batter, but it was still yummy and I ate it up quickly.
I enjoyed it with a hot mug of sugar cookie tea.
Hope your week is off to a good start!