Extra Credit

As Ryan and I were walking to the gym this morning at 5:40 a.m. (which was really like 4:40 a.m.), I said that I think that anyone who goes to the gym the morning after the time changes deserves extra credit.

Ryan said he’d give me a gold star. :) So, for those of you who got your booties out of bed and to the gym this morning, here you go:

For You!

See, wasn’t it totally worth it? ;)

Workout

When I got to the gym, I was really in the mood for BodyPump since it was early and I didn’t feel like putting myself through a quality workout. Unfortunately the instructor overslept, so the class never happened. :(

Luckily, after joking around with other gym-goers, I felt much more awake and managed to get a decent workout.

Today I did 25 minutes of light cardio on the elliptical before completing a total-body weights routine that looked like this:

(3 sets of 15 reps of each)

• Leg extensions
  • Leg press
  • Deadlifts
  • Hamstring curls on exercise ball
  • Shoulder raises
  • Bicep curls
  • Tricep dips
  • Abs

I hauled my booty home to take Sadie on a 20 minute walk before showering and heading off to my orthodontist’s office for an early morning Invisalign appointment.

Reppin' College Park Orthodontics Promo Mug!

I technically only have three aligners remaining. I wear each Invisalign aligner for two weeks, but we’re extending my time with my current aligner to make sure my teeth aren’t pushed too quickly. Slow and steady wins the race (Just ask the tortoise)!

Breakfast today was a blended success!

I used my immersion blender to blend 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin with a little bit of  sweetener, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon to make a pumpkiny dip for a toasted waffle.

Cottage Cheese, Pumpkin, Spices

Blllllended

Toasted Waffle for Dippin'

The combination was yum-may!

Action Shot

Even though I look like death in the following pictures, I wanted to share some action photos with you from Saturday’s 10k race that a friend took!

Intense, Huh?

Sadie can’t be the only one with action photos on this blog!

Annnnd if you’re like me and severely neglect blogs over the weekend, here are some weekend highlights for ya:

Comments

1. Sarah says

you look adorable in your race photos. and i couldnt even tell you wear braces. back in the day, mine were so huge and bulky, (the exact opposite of invisalign) that they took over the picture… and my mouth… and my head…

• peanutbutterfingers says

oooh you’d be able to tell if i had my rubberbands in! (yes, i have to wear rubberbands too… it’s quite a humbling experience.)

You DO NOT look like death…you look awesome!! And what do you mean you want my legs??? Girl…your are rockin!!! :) Have a GREAT Monday Julie! (and seriously…thanks for the sweet comment because truthfully my legs are my biggest “issue” body wise for me but Keith encourages me to post those “uncomfortable pictures” because he thinks I am crazy! haha! :)

Yeah, you look pretty darn cute in your race, quit talking about this looking like death haha!

Oh, and can I have a gold star even though I didnt make it to the gym this morning? :)

I found your site through myhealthypassion.wordpress.com. Love it!

I definitely think a gold star is deserved for a morning rise and shine workout the day after we Spring Forward.

I actually didn’t do save the dates – strange, since our engagement was like 16 months long but too late now.

We got married the Sunday after Memorial Day so I just figured we’d send out the invites a few months early (5.5 months before the big day) so people would have a little extra time to rearrange their schedules. Saved a lot of postage… :)

I went to be EXTRA early last night in order to hit up the gym – I’m talking 9:00PM in order to get up at 5:45 as well. I only go 1x/week in the mornings and the rest are right after work since I have the gym in the same building where I work (so lucky!). I love Mondays! Gold stars all around!