Isn't it Ironic

Guess who crept into my dreams last night?

Alanis Morissette

The one and only Alanis Morissette!

Odd, huh?

Has a celebrity entered your dreams recently?

In my dream, Alanis was leading my high school diving team in a motivating cheer before a meet. The cheer was simply all of us singing Ironic at the top of our lungs.

“It’s like raaaaaaain on your wedding day! It’s a free riiiiiiide when you’ve already paid…”

What a classic. ;)

Workout

I totally forgot about my dream until an Alanis Morissette song came on my iPod at the gym and triggered the memory. :)

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I definitely have more than one Alanis song on my iPod. Jagged Little Pill was one of my first CDs and I still love it. )

This morning I brought back a lil’ HIIT training into my life.

I hopped on the treadmill for 30 minutes and completed about 20 minutes of HIIT training.

HIIT Treadmill Workout

30 Min. HIIT Workout

(Ryan and Mama, how awesome is this Excel sheet picture I made!? Aren’t you proud!?)

The actual HIIT training only lasted for 20 minutes, but that was more than enough! It felt easy in the beginning, but by the end I was huffin’ and puffin’.

Woo-wee, I was a sweaty mess afterward!

After looking like a loony switching back and forth from sprinting and walking on the treadmill, I hopped on the elliptical for 20 minutes of light cardio with the latest issue of Oxygen magazine.

I flagged two yummy lookin’ recipes in the magazine so stay tuned!

Ladies and gentlemen, little Miss Peanut Butter Fingers doin’ what she does best:

Me + PB!

Why-oh-why are peanut butter fingers so gosh darn delicious?

Clearly peanut butter was the star of my breakfast.

I enjoyed a peanut butter and strawberry sandwich on a honey wheat Arnold sandwich thin.

Strawberries

Pb & Strawberry Sandwich

I also sipped on a hot tumbler of my gym’s free coffee (Barnie’s cinnamon butter cookie… SO good!).

Tuesday's Breakfast

Any meal with peanut butter is a good one. :D

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to blog reader Alison!

Angel Food Cupcake for the Birthday Girl!

I love getting emails from you and hope you enjoy your wonderful day (and that slice of angel food cake with icing you’re excited about)! :D

Comments

ohhh HITT training… you have me contemplating if I want to try this out later at the gym or not… we will see!

and really that coffee flavor sounds awesome.. I wish my gym had coffee!

I LOVED her CD when I was younger too. I don’t still have it to listen to, but man I wish I did.

HIIT training is great. Looks like your workout was a good one and I’m glad you enjoyed it. I miss it for my cardio, but gotta keep things calm these days. Boo!

I love your breakfast idea. I do the same thing for M’s lunch. :D

OMG Jagged Little Pill was my first CD! That and one of Celine Dion’s…such an eclectic taste in music ;)

I can’t put PB on anything without taking a little swipe with my finger…it’s just too tempting.

You PB fingers remind me of Puck from real world San Francisco…except you’re a whole lot prettier than him, lol.

I ran with my dog this morning and thought of you and Sadie! It was fun!

5. Kayla Walters says

I just stumbled on your blog this morning, and I’m glad I did…I love it! I’m a huge pb fan myself; it tastes great on everything!

I’m going to have to try a strawberry and peanut butter sandwich now. I have never thought I making a sandwich like that before! I always make banana and peanut butter sandwiches though…yum! Thanks for the awesome idea! :)

Kayla

6. MelissaNibbles says

I love Alanis! Have you seen her “My Humps” video on Youtube? It’s hilarious!

I made my bf that exact breakfast this morning. He’s trying to gain weight and I’m helping him by making him bloginspired meals. He’s loving it so far :)

Have a fab day girl!