Unpacking & Organizing

I have a feeling that this will be my life for the next several days: unpacking and organizing (and decorating – Yay!)!

Ryan and I have made great headway unpacking the many boxes that are all over our new apartment.

There are still quite a few stragglers that I don’t want to unpack because I have no clue where I want to put the contents, or we’re waiting on some new additions (like a desk!) that will serve as a new home for the stuff. All in good time!

Does clutter bother you or can you just ignore it?

Growing up my room was always messy. My sister was the neat-freak and I just couldn’t grasp how someone could feel stressed out over a mess!

Fast forward eight years and I am that person! I really cannot stand when our apartment looks junky. It eats away at me now!

Dinner

I knew Ryan and I had plans to take Sadie on a long walk before hittin’ up the grocery store after work today, so I wanted to make sure our dinner tonight was one that we could assemble in a flash.

Thank goodness for the crockpot!

We enjoyed a yummy meal of BBQ pulled chicken with Green Giant healthy vision veggies.

BBQ Pulled Chicken

Veggies

Dinner Time!

We needed some nutritious fuel to last us though a night that’s sure to be filled with more unpacking and perhaps the construction of the chest of drawers we bought from IKEA yesterday.

I’m thinking a new apartment tour will be in order once we’re fully unpacked!

Comments

Ha, I’m totally the same way– I was a total slob growing up, and my sister was the neat freak…now we’ve switched roles! I can’t stand for our house to be messy…of course, this might change again after we have kids :-)

Whoohooo apartment tour.

I actually used to be the opposite. I hated clutter when I was little, and now I don’t mind it so much for a little while. However, if I leave it there too long, it really starts to bother me.

I don’t hate clutter, but I feel much better when things are neat. It also depends on the room of the house. If the office or my bedroom is messy, I’m ok with it for a while. Not so for the ktichen or bathroom.

The clutter question…I used to be horrible! We built a house that is very open, lots of windows, basically a fish bowl. I get caught in my pj’s all the time by the FedEx guy :/ It has made me turn into somewhat of a neat freak if only to save myself embarrasement.
    I just found your blog and love it! I am making my way through 72 BSI’s, backwards. Stop on by if you get a chance, I am #73-Goat Cheese. Happy Monday ~LeslieMichele

5. Amy (Up and Running!) says

LOOVE the crockpot…makes for easy peasy dinner.

I hate clutter…especially in our small apartment…but there just isn’t enough room for everything! Ahhh!

omgosh I cannot stand clutter… I do not even care how much stuff I have to get done if there is clutter it will have to be cleaned up before I can tackle what I have to get done.. ahhh

7. Kerry says

What a clever idea for shredded chicken yourself! Must try this!! Especially bbq style :) Yay for new apartments! How exciting! xx

8. MelissaNibbles says

I hate clutter or any sort of mess. I was a complete slob as a kid and teenager though!
    The chicken looks delicious. I need to try making it.

9. spindiva24 says

I grew up a messy person, in college I was a little better-and NOW-I’m the person who freaks over mess! Actually, I let the mess build for several days then freak into a cleaning frenzy ;) ’tis fun to watch!

That pulled chicken looks amazing!