Identifying the Animal Cracker

To me, peel-and-eat shrimp epitomize beach food. You know you’re near the beach when peel-and-eat shrimp, clams and oysters pop up on the menu!

Last night, my mom was feeling a little sleepy and needed to rest, so my dad, sister and I headed out to Billy’s Boat House Grill, a nearby seafood restaurant.

Billy's Boat House Grill

We knew we found a winner when fresh seafood options basically took over the menu.

My dad, sister and I ordered a  pound of peel-and-eat shrimp, a grilled fish sandwich, conch chowder and a salad and basically shared everything.

Peel-and-Eat Shrimp

Fish Sandwich

I definitely ate more than my fair share of the shrimp. They were so easy to peel and perfectly seasoned.

Check out all the peels in front of me…

Me, My Dad & Shrimp Peels

Smiling Sister

After placing a to-go order for a quesadilla to bring back to my sleeping mom, we headed back to the hotel.

My mom was waking up as we entered the room. Perfect timing!

We spent the rest of the evening cuddled up in one bed watching Bringing Down the House before hittin’ the hay around 11 p.m.

I feel pretty well-rested today and am excited to head to breakfast and spend Mother’s Day with one heck of a fantastic mother. :D

Identifying the Animal Cracker

I practically ate my body weight in Animal Crackers yesterday (Seriously, they’re so addicting) and found myself puzzled by this lil’ guy:

What Am I?

My whole family is perplexed by this particular cracker, so I ask you…

What kind of animal is it!?

Comments

That is most definitely a bear!!!!!! See the rounded little bear ear?? Hehehehehe!! You are too adorable!! :)

Dinner looks great, enjoy the rest of your weekend!! :)

I think it’s a sheep. Really have no idea, but that’s my guess. All the rolls are maybe supposed to make him look fluffy like wool. Haha, obviously I put way too much thought in it :)

I love seafood! Apparently, we’re suffering a bit of a shortage/price raise due to the oil spill. Which is quite unfortunate… :(

I LOVED animal crackers. I used to buy them alot on college as one of the “healthier snacks”. But turns out I eat my body weight in them, too- so really they weren’t that healthy for me…

I’d say that’s a sheep- it looks fuzzy to me! I love peeling shrimp. It’s like cracking lobster- so much more satisfying when you have to work to get it, and I eat way slower too! Hope you enjoy your mother’s day with the family!!

5. Paige says

Buffalo!

I’ve been catching up on blogs this morning and I just wanted to say that it seems that you have a great family! It’s easy to tell how much you care about them. :D

6. Ava says

I think a sheep as well!

My fav animal crackers though are the frosted kind. I tend to lick off all the icing…and then feed the cookies to the dog…OOPS! Does Sadie like them?

Either Zebra or a weird sheep horse thing! Like a wild goat! lol
    Just wanted to let you know that your family (mom) are in my thoughts and prayers! I still think you HAVE to do a post about relationships, and how you and Ryan maintain yours. You are such an inspiration!!!
    Love,
    B

I’m putting my money on the sheep or lamb… although it’s definitely not very clear! If it’s confusing to us, imagine how little kids that eat them must feel!??! But I have to agree, animal crackers are divine!! I hope your mum is feeling well again soon! :)