Foodie Friday

Today was the inaugural Foodie Friday at my work.

What is Foodie Friday?

Allow me to elaborate for ya! ;)

Last week, a few of the women I work with and I decided to take turns making new homemade treats for the office to enjoy every Friday. The idea for Foodie Friday surfaced when we were talking about how excited we all get for office birthday goodies. We figured why not make office treats a weekly occurrence?

I signed up for the first Foodie Friday and after much debate settled on a recipe I thought would be a crowd pleaser.

Peanut butter pretzel truffles, a la Jessica!

I jotted down the recipe that Jessica followed from EatingWell.com and doubled it to make the truffles.

Follow Me to Deliciousness

In my truffles I used crunchy peanut butter and Rold Gold honey wheat braided pretzel twists because they’re my all-time favorite pretzels. They’re salty, slightly sweet and 100 percent addicting. I definitely ate a couple of servings while making the truffles.

PB & The PB Gremlin (Can You Spot Her?)

Best Pretzels Everrr

I combined the peanut butter with the chopped pretzels and placed them in the freezer to chill for a bit.

PB 'n' Pretz

After dipping the peanut butter/pretzel mixture in melted milk chocolate, I placed the truffles in the freezer overnight (they’re sweating off the cold in the pictures below ;) ).

Sweatin' Truffles

A Peek Inside

PB & Chocolate: A Match Made in Heaven

These truffles taste so much like Reese’s peanut butter cups to me!

I popped one in my mouth as a breakfast appetizer and will be having one for dessert after lunch today as well.

Recipe success!

A platter of these truffles and Oreo balls would be one heck of a contribution to any party. Something to keep in mind for Memorial Day weekend! :D

Comments

1. Ava says

These were great…I made them though I got them from a different blog…”How Sweet Eats”. I find her recipes to be amazing. She did red velvet pancakes not too long ago…you should check her out. She’s right up your alley Julie!

Those look like they’d be right up my alley… ;)

I wish our office would do things like this- I’m aware that I’d be the one to organize it (hello- I’m the office marketing coordinator and I think this would fall in my territory more than anyone else…). But in an office dominated by men, this could be an issue…

• peanutbutterfingers says

i do writing & editing for a large website (internet marketing company). i was an advertising/public relations major in college.

3. Heather @ For The Health Of It! says

WOW! I willdef be making this soon! Sooo easy and looks awesome!

THOSE look so good. Those also would be hella dangerous is they were in my townhouse. I am obsessed with each and every ingredient in those suckers.

I assume everyone at work loved them, right?!

Just a little FYI, but oreo’s contain 1.5g of trans fats PER COOKIE. I know it says 0g on the box, but that’s because the food corporation duders have decided that less than 2g of trans fat per serving is not enough to matter and can be marked as 0g… but who stops at one oreo (which is what one serving is)

6. ThePony says

I made these for a tailgate I went to yesterday…HUGE crowd pleaser! They ain’t pretty, but I wasn’t taking home leftovers. Thanks for the post!

7. Christine says

Hey Julie,

I’ve been following you for awhile now, and never commented.

I just wanted to say I made these for a picnic at work today and they lasted all of 5 minutes before they were wiped out.

Thanks!