I Love the '90s

I always prep my lunch the day before. If I don’t assemble it completely, I at least package up what I need and organize it in the fridge so it’s easily accessible in the morning.

I usually pack my lunch as I make dinner. It’s efficient and also distracts me with an activity while dinner is cooking, which helps me avoid mindless snacking.

Last night, I prepped today’s noodle bowl which contained:

• Carba Nada pasta
  • Ragu meat marinara sauce
  • Steamed fresh broccoli

Noodles + Sauce

Monday's Lunch

The entire bowl came together in less than 10 minutes. Fast and tasty! Perfect-o.

I Love the ’90s

I am a huge fan of music from the ’90s.

Maybe it’s because ’90s jams take me back to fun memories from childhood and high school or maybe it’s because the music is just so darn catchy. Either way, I can’t help but feel a little excited every time I hear a ’90s classic come on the radio.

This weekend Ryan’s mom brought out a big box of Ryan’s old CDs. I think I fell in love with him all over again when I saw him pull out CDs like LaBouche, Alanis Morissette (he denies ever liking this CD), Will Smith, No Doubt, Sister Hazel, Sisqo (I didn’t think anyone actually bought this CD…), 2Pac, TLC, Blackstreet, and more.

My Girl, Alanis

I immediately took a handful of his old CDs and uploaded a billion songs onto my iPod.

Just in case any of you share my intense love for ’90s music, I thought I’d share my latest playlist, comprised completely of ’90s classics:

Of Possible Interest:

Question of the Afternoon

What were some of your favorite ’90s bands or ’90s songs?

Don’t be ashamed to share your intense love for the Backstreet Boys… This is a judgment-free zone (and I’m looking for more ideas of ’90s songs to download ;) ).

Comments

1. lisaou11 says

funny you mentioned Backstreet Boys. I LOVED them. Knew all their dances, went to their concerts–wrote fan fiction with them and my story was about how me and my friends were going to be their backup dancers and they were going to fall in love with us. haha!

jamiroquai. remember them? I think I listened to Moby and Groove Armada back then too. Beastie Boys (but always older stuff) and then a lot of european & arabic dance music, because I was learning to play the tabla then :)

So funny that you are talking about 90’s music! Sister Hazel actually played a free outdoor concert in Kansas City this weekend and my girlfriends and I went. It was a blast!

4. Kate says

Oh the BSB – I went to 3 of their concerts and loved every minute of it!

Sir Mix-A-Lot – “Baby Got Back”
    Third Eye Blind – “Semi-Charmed Life”
    Christina Aguilera – “Genie In A Bottle”

Oh goodness, I could go on and on… Too many favorites as I share your 90’s music <3

Soo funny, I just downloaded some old songs from the 90s last nigth!

A couple of songs I downloaded were “Shine” by Collective Soul and “Lightening Crashes” by Live.

My high school friends still crack up about the fact that I had the LaBouche CD :) I clearly remember locking my bedroom door at night and dancing to it lol

oh and I saw BSB in concert! :)

• peanutbutterfingers says

that labouche is seriously one of my all-time favs.my friend michaela & i made up a synchronized dance to “be my lover” & i STILL remember parts of it! glad you share my love!

Can we say the 90s without a little UB40 and Color Me Bad? But, believe it or not our gal Brit Brit came out with Hit Me Baby One More Time. That doesn’t seem 90s to me?

And Sublime really was the jam, too bad it ended so soon..kind of like some other 90s bands, haa. What a decade!

7. MelissaNibbles says

I’m older so my 90s bands are from the earlier part of the era…Sonic Youth, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Hole, Liz Phair, Screaming Trees, etc…

hahahaha oh my god the 90s music is seriously the best.

what about desiree “you gotta be” hahahaha good times.

i’m all about the make lunch/dinner at the same time too! it seriously saves so much time later when you definitely don’t want to be making the next days meals!

9. Michelle says

Mighty Mighty Bosstones!!! The Impression That I get!!! I <3 that song….Reel Big Fish: Never had to knock on wood….Cheery Poppin' Daddies: Zoot Suit Riot, Smash Mouth: All Star

I liked 90s madonna….ray of light, vogue, etc
    and nothin says the 90’s like Nirvana’s i”it smells like teen spirit”
    I actually made up a dance to the thong song! hey, I was young and how could you not!

YES 90s music!! I loved the Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys of course, but I was also into the stuff my brother liked, like Green Day, The Offspring, Rage Against the Machine and Nirvana. I think I just wanted to be like him, instead of actually liking the music :) Hope you’re having a great Monday!

12. Maura says

BBMak, O-town, BSB..love them!! Anyone remember B*Witched w/ that song C’est la Vie? Yes, I definitely downloaded that on Itunes recently. Thank goodness PBF is a JFZ ahaha

13. maris says

funny that you brought this subject up, I just watched the ENTIRE marathon on vh1 of the top 100 songs of the 90’s it was blissful, im sure u would’ve enjoyed it as well. some of the great ones i can think of were of course nirvana, blackstreet, alanis, liz phair, radiohead.. 90’s had the best music in my opinion :)

The Thong Song = Too funny!
    I, too, adore 90s music. We’ve had tons of artists who were popular in the 90s play one of the concert venues I work for, my favorites have been Gavin Rossdale from Bush, Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots and Fiona Apple.

15. Ashley says

Boyz II Men and old school Mariah Carey… so good!
    I may or may not have listened to Hanson…
    Okay and remember that song “Blue” by Eifel 65? haha!

TOO, TOO funny! I was just listening to Alanis’ Jagged Little Pill in the car. That had to be one of my favorite CDs from middle school.

That playlist looks awesome. I can’t believe I forgot about No Diggity! =)

17. TheKetchupDiaries says

I vote for some Boyz II Men and “Baby” by Brandy. I love that song! And, can’t forget Nirvana. They rocked the decade.

18. Erin says

I love 90s music! Ace of Base, Backstreet Boys. Next, Divine, Sugar Ray, Oasis, Green Day, Deep Blue Something…. Did you know there is a Sirius radio station that ONLY plays 90s music? I listen to it every morning while I get dressed for work. I totally agree…brings back happy memories.

Oh man – the entire back of my bedroom door was like a shrine to BSB *sigh* so embarrassing.

I also adored the Spice Girls – I left summer camp early one year to go to their concert – I was a bit addicted.

And Ace of Base was my very first CD I ever bought so I have fond memories of them.

20. Valentino rose says

Oh I wish I could go back to the 90’s!! It was the best!!!
    I’m still a 90’s girl don’t listen much to music from nowadays
    Backstreet boys! Nsync! Alanis! Just too many to count!
    I actually liked Aaron carter too lol!

Love the playlist!

21. caro says

The entire soundtrack of 10 Things I Hate About You (which admittedly has some ’80s songs in it, but the movie makes it ’90s, right? ha).

I just ran the disney princess half and completely made my playlist with all 90s music. LOVED it! :) I prefer N*Sync to backstreet boys however. Justin was all over my wall!

23. Erika says

hahaha I bought Sisqo’s album too! I was in high school when it came out…used to listen to it on bus rides to my school’s away games for soccer and softball