Can't Quite Grasp It

My bachelorette party (part one) is exactly a month away!!! I got an email from one of my friends with a basic itinerary and required attire this afternoon which pretty much sent me into a frenzy of excitement (as those of you who follow me on Twitter already know). I can’t wait! :D

I’m sorry but I just had to get that off my chest. ;)

Dog Park

Our evening began with a trip to the dog park.

Sadie was beyond thrilled when we loaded up the car.

Pumped Puppy

Family Fun

Our trip to the park was dominated by playing fetch with a crazy-shaped red ball.

Get It Girrrrl

Ryan took the above action photo of me and Sadie, so naturally I had to turn the camera on him.

Of course he put on an intense tough guys face… though Sadie’s face was 100 percent authentic.

Like Father, Like Doggie Daughter

I’m not sure who looks crazier! :D

When we first started playing with the red ball, Ryan and I could not stop laughing because Sadie had such a hard time grasping it in her mouth.

I caught one of her first attempts on video, which made us laugh at her all over again:

Her big red ball got the attention of some other dogs who stole it away for a while…

Stolen!

…But she swooped in and got it back when they got distracted.

"Mine!"

Gotcha!

Eventually it was bath time.

Bath Station

For as much as Sadie loves the lake and the ocean, you’d think she would love baths.

Not the case.

She hates them. Fortunately she loves being toweled off and gets all snuggly afterwards.

So Fresh and So Clean, Clean

With a clean pup on our hands, we headed home for din-nah!

Dinner

Dinner tonight was another easy creation.

The base was my two-ingredient crock pot pulled chicken which I smothered in BBQ sauce for a simple BBQ pulled chicken sandwich.

BBQ Chicken Sandwich

To get some greens in our meal, I roasted broccoli at 415 degrees for 20 minutes after spraying it with cooking spray and dusting the veggie with garlic salt.

Roasted Broccoli

Dinner is Served

Simple and simply delicious!

Now I’m off to relax a bit and watch The Blind Side with Ryan. He’s never seen it and I loved it! Let’s hope he’s a fan, too!

Comments

I loved that video- so cute! It made me laugh too :D Another one came up with Sadie too- the Doggie Derby one- not sure if it comes up on everyone’s – but that was cute too!! Ryan picks her up like it’s no effort what so ever!
    & the first picture is one of my FAVORITES so far of Sadie- she’s just adorable.

2. Shelley (findinghappinessandhealth) says

ah you two are so cute!! i die whenever i see pics of your little fam. & that vid is adorable!

xoxoox

Gosh Julie, I’m amazed at the number of times you can update your blog daily and yet still keep each post refreshing and entertaining.

Kudos to you!

Ok, so, can we trade wardrobes?!?! :) Where do you get all of these amazing dresses? Do tell!

Sadie is adorable, no matter what kinda crazy face she has on -and that video is so funny – she is a character…looks like Ryan is too, haha! What a beautiful family you have, Julie – you are SO blessed!
    Meg

Sadie is adorable! Do you mind if I ask where you got her? I want to get a dog soon?
    I’m so jealous your getting married, I feel like I’ll never find someone willing to put up with me for life!

You’re coming to Chicago for your bachelorette??? Yaaayyy! You know you can’t go wrong with the good old Chi-town when it comes to partying! :) My friends and I have just done a bachelorette party for our friend who’s getting married in a month, and we took her to the Baton and then to this club called Crescendo, we had a blast! I wonder where they’ll take you! Lots of bachelorette parties go to Baton these days, who knows maybe you’ll end up going there too! :)

7. Cara says

Ahhh I’m kind of obsessed with Sadie…so adorable!! Exciting news about the bachelorette party!! I hope it’s super fun!

Sadie’s tongue is a science experiment. I’ve never seen a dog with that many different facial expressions. Looks like the best way for my dog to pick up other dogs is with a shiny ball, noted:)

Blindside is one of my all time favorite movies! I know this is not food related, but is there ANY picture of you where you don’t look drop dead gorgeous? Seriously!??

10. Paula says

Jolly Ball! (That’s the big red ball) One of our border collies has one just like it, and is Obsessed. Like whacked out, crazy about it!

I love Sadie…what a doll face.