Vacation Anticipation

Good morning!:D

Let’s begin with breakfast, shall we?

I branched out from my typical Greek yogurt flavors at the grocery store this week and nabbed a cup of blueberry Chobani to use in one of my breakfasts this week.

Today was the day!

I made myself a fruity yogurt bowl with blueberry Chobani, sliced apple and a dusting of flax seeds.

Blueberry Yogurt + Apple + Flax

It was creamy, crunchy, sweet and filling. (Adjective overload! šŸ˜€ )

Close Up

Hump Day Breakfast

Vacation Anticipation

Tomorrow I am taking a half day at work so Ryan and I can beat the rush down to the Florida Keys for 4th of July weekend.

We’re meeting up with my family on Thursday night to enjoy a weekend of scuba diving and outdoor fun. I can’t wait!

The anticipation of my upcoming vacation has me feeling very antsy! It’s hard hunker down and check important things off my “to do” list when all I want to do is pack and get on the road!

Workout

Working out is such a great release for me and the gym helped me work off some of my anxious feelings this morning.

I took my typical Wednesday morning BodyPump class where I got to experience the latest release (Release 74) for the first time.

I really, really enjoyed it! I thought the lunge track was killer, but in a great way. I could feel my legs burnin’!

Post-Pump, I took Sadie on a 40 minute walk around the lake by our apartment. On our walk Sadie saw her first armadillo!

'Dillo

I’ve gotta be honest… It was nice to see one of these guys alive for once. I feel like 95 percent of the ‘dillos I see are road kill. šŸ™

Hope your day is off to a great start!

Question of the Day

Which do you think is worse, packing or unpacking?

I absolutely hate packing. Unpacking isn’t so bad because I just dump everything in the laundry. šŸ˜‰

Comments

1. Stacey says

Hey, have a great vacation. I love packing because it means I’m off somewhere lovely but I hate unpacking it all again when I get home and generally leave it for a few days! What are flax seeds like, I’ve never had them? They are supposed to be really good for you though so maybe I should give them a try.

Unpacking stresses me out, it usually looks like my suitcase puked all over my floor until I decide to put everything away. Unfortunately this weekend I’ll be unpacking a months worth of stuff…YIKES. That is so exciting that you’re going to the keys for the 4th – what a beautiful vaca! You and Ryan are gonna have a blast!

What a neato sight – a live armadillo?!?! I’ve never seen one! šŸ™‚ And what a perfect way to round off a summer morning – blueberries and apples šŸ™‚

Enjoy your day!
    Meg

Packing is so easy for me… I have a system that I follow every time, and I can be completely packed and out the door for a week-long trip in about 30 minutes. Unpacking is such a drag. Dirty clothes go right into the laundry, obviously, but all the other stuff that isn’t dirty or isn’t clothes usually sits in the suitcase for about a week or so after I get back before I get around to unpacking it. šŸ™‚

4. Laura says

oh gosh I hate packing… for both trips and to move! for trips, I always try to pack light but fear I am forgetting something and never know what all we’ll be doing, ya know. and I detest packing for moving — we just bought a house and will be moving shortly and it just seems like so much to do!

I do love unpacking though… something about putting things back in their place and having it all clean and organized! šŸ™‚

Hope you guys have a great time!!

Packing is easier for me because I get to think about all of the fun I’m going to have. Unpacking stinks because the fun is over and then I know I have to clean!

6. Melissa says

I like packing because of the anticipation of getting ready for a fun trip! It stresses me out a tiny bit because I like to have a lot of choices for outfits, so I always overthink & overpack!

Unpacking’s no fun . . . I have been known to leave my suitcase untouched or just fish random things out of it for a week or two after I get home. šŸ™

Have fun in the Keys! I’m jealous of Fl weather! Also, I don’t know if anyone mentioned this yet, but did you know that if you eat flax seeds whole you don’t really get the omega-3 benefit from them? I learned this from my nutritionist after I was eating bread with the seeds in them then I switched only to flax meal. Unless you chew each individual seed then they just pass right through your system without absorbing the omega-3s. Just an fyi:) If you love the taste or texture of the seeds then it doesn’t matter I suppose:) But if you’re eating them for omega 3s…aybe switch to flaxmeal:)

• peanutbutterfingers says

thanks! my mom actually told me this as well! i wanna grind them up, but my food processor is out of commission right now. when i get a new one, i’ll be sure to grind ’em!

I’m awful at both packing and unpacking. As I said in my post this morning, so far all I have packed are bathing suits haha. Unpacking always takes me soooo long though!

Unpacking is definitely my least favorite! Yuck šŸ˜›
    I am totally with you on the new lunge track with release 74 – my legs feel like JELL-O when I’m done! I’m not too crazy about a couple of the songs though — like the chest & back tracks? Kind of odd song choices, they don’t really do it for me!

You know what’s weird, I actually LOVE armadillos- I have ever since I was a little kid. I think that they are so ugly, that there actually cute..or maybe I just feel bad for them & want to give them love too šŸ˜€
    I agree with you- packing is the worst! And I tend to overpack & take my whole closet..I always think ‘what if I need like every item in my closet?’ ‘what if…?’ haha!
    I just walk in the door after vacation & dump everything right in the laundry room. ..and then I get to it eventually šŸ™‚

I hate unpacking cause I always over pack so half of the clothes don’t need to be washed but then they get mixed between clothes that do or don’t need to be washed….it ends up being a big process

omg, i HATE unpacking!!! you have to sort, dirty clothes, clean clothes, and put back the clean stuff and toiletries….in fact i still haven’t unpacked from this past weekend! ah, procrastination…

• peanutbutterfingers says

i bought the generic brand from publix. as you may see in megan’s comment above, ground flax is better b/c your body won’t absorb the omega-3s from whole flax seeds. šŸ™‚

Unpacking because after you unpack there is almost always cleaning to be done. Move into a new house clean before you unpack. Come back from vaca, unpack your clothes and wash them. Too much cleaning lol.

14. sue says

Many years ago, I lived in Houston for a couple of years. When I was moving away from there, friends gave me a “Texas party” where all of the gifts had something to do with TX. One friend gave me a brass armadillo and I laid it on its side — it’s the only way I had ever seen one!!

15. samantha says

I took pump this morning at my Gold’s up here in MD and you’re right, lunge track was crazy! But so good! My legs were definitely shaking for the rest of the class!