Flash Freeze

Going to bed last night I figured I’d wake up and make myself a healthified Egg McMuffin for breakfast.

Fast forward to this morning and my body was screamin’ for oats.

Gimme oooooats. Make ’em coooooold. Stop talking to yoursellllllf.

I’m not one to ignore a craving (Lord help me when I’m pregnant), so I switched my eggy plan and opted for a big ol’ bowl of cold oats with Greek yogurt and a chopped peach.

The Goods

Since I didn’t plan ahead and cook my oats last night, I prepared the oats this morning and stuck them in the freezer to chill while I showered. Gotta love the last minute flash-freeze!

By the time I was all cleaned up, my oats were sufficiently chilled.

Cold Oats, You are Fantastic

Before digging into my oatty yogurty peachy (“y” overload!) bowl of delight, I sprinkled the mix with some beloved nutmeg.

I'm Nuts for this Stuff

If you’re a cinnamon lover and haven’t branched out to other spices, put nutmeg on your to-try list. You won’t be disappointed. And if you are, come back and look at this picture and just tryyyy to stay angry. šŸ˜‰

"If you're still mad, I'll come give you a sloppy kiss... and then breathe on you and invade your personal space until you're happy again... or really irritated."

The nutmeg was a welcome addition to my breakfast and made the whole meal taste a little more special.

Peach + Nutmeg

Food on Spoon Photo - My Fav

How It Really Looks When I Eat It

D-to-the-lish.

I think Ellie was spot-on when she described the texture of the cold oats and yogurt combo as “a lot like rice pudding.” Ellie, you’re a smart cookie (and I love the name of your blog: Inside I’m Still Dancing)!

Workout

Breakfast was a fantastic thing to come home to after a good workout this morning! I took my usual 5:45 a.m. BodyPump class, and followed it up for 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Half way through the ‘Pump I realized I probably won’t be doing any strength training for a week! I leave for my bachelorette party weekend after work tomorrow (Hooray!) and won’t be back until Monday evening.Ā  I love strength training and will miss the muscle burn, though I’m sure my legs will feel some burnin’ during Sunday’s half marathon. Yow-zaa!

Question of the Morning

It’s a random one this morning…

Do you like rice pudding or tapioca pudding, or does it totally gross you out? What’s your favorite flavor of pudding?

I like all flavors of pudding, but I’m a little partial to plain ol’ chocolate. If you’d like to throw some Oreo pieces in there too, I won’t object. šŸ˜‰

Comments

1. Sue says

Love tapioca and rice puddings, but my most favorite is chocolate. And while it’s good with add-is such as Oreos, I really love it just plain – all that smooth chocolaty goodness!

Have a great run on Sunday and a fun bachelorette party! You’ll love Chicago.

I love my grandmother’s rice pudding. Nothing else compares.. I also love tapioca. I don’t really have a texture issue with food at all, so the weird little lumps don’t bother me šŸ™‚

I do not like tapioca pudding — the texture is just odd. Plus I used to work in a nursing home and they would serve that almost every day and just seeing it over and over made me not want to eat it ever.

I love banana pudding or chocolate pudding, oh and pistachio pudding. Delicious!

My husband would say I’m a rice pudding fiend! One batch won’t last a couple of days at our house!

I will definitely have to give the cold oats a try.

The oatmeal looks super yummy. I’ve been craving oatmeal every morning for 2 weeks…something I find slightly odd, but it sure is good. Love love love the photo of Sadie. šŸ™‚

6. Shannon says

I love rice pudding, mainly when I’m getting Indian food!! Tapioca is just OK to me…I’m not usually a pudding person but I used to like the chocolate ones in the little containers when I was a kid.

7. Alexis @ Mission: Ambition says

I love tapioca pudding! It reminds me of my childhood because my dad used to make it for us for special occasions šŸ™‚

I had almond pudding at a Turkish restaurant recently and it was delicious!

I don’t really love pudding, but that said, I prefer rice to any. I think its because of the raisins and cinnamon. Yum!

I hope you have a blast at your Bachelorette! And don’t worry about not strength training it takes a long time to lose muscle.

Nutmeg is alright, but I’d devote my entire spice life to cinnamon if I could. šŸ˜‰

Oh my gosh, I can not stand the texture of rice pudding and tapioca pudding. When I eat overnight oats, I have to keep every separate otherwise I can’t stand the texture!

10. Stefanie says

Okay, too weird as this am I had nectarine, greek yogurt, uncooked oats (I just put em in and let the mixture sit awile, and nice little texture) pumpkin pie Spice, and topped with chia seeds. kinda close. Since it is the season right now for peaches and nectarines, they are replacing my berries for a bit.

You got to try Pumpkin Pie Spice on your morning bowls.. Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, touch ginger.YUM!

11. Linda says

Yes, I like both tapioca and rice pudding, although I need to be careful of eating rice or tapioca since I have diabetes–rice elevates my blood sugars, plus the milk–I would have to be sure it is made with brown rice and sugar subsittute.

I also love Bread Pudding….but again I need to be careful of portion size and the kind of bread and sugars used.

12. Linda says

Your idea for the cold/flash freeze oats w/yogurt and berries sounds very interesting…I will try that soon.

13. Lauren says

Hey Julie…I wanted to wish you a great time on your bachelorette party/1/2 marathon this weekend! You will have a great time! The weather here is supposed to be beautiful…around 80 every day! Have fun!