Bachelorette Fun Begins!

Bachelorette weekend day one was amazingly fun!

Let’s start from the beginning…

After work yesterday, Ryan drove me and my friend Laurel to the airport to catch our 6 p.m. flight to Chicago. We enjoyed dinner while waiting at the gate at the airport.

I opted for a chicken caesar salad from Starbucks.

bachelorette 002

The whole bottom of the salad had a layer of Parmesan cheese, which I loved.

Our flight took off about 15 minutes late. Unfortunately Laurel and I didn’t have seats together, but I did get to enjoy two hours of quality time with my book.

When we landed in Chicago, we headed to baggage claim to meet up with our friend Leah and take the train into downtown Chicago to my friend Krystal’s apartment to kick off bachelorette fun!

I was so touched my all the time and effort my friends put into planning a weekend full of bachelorette fun! They had every last detail planned and presented everything to me in an adorable itinerary.

bachelorette 003

bachelorette 005

After changing into a tank that said “BRIDE” on it, given to me by my girlfriends and donning a hot pink feather boa, it was time to enjoy some drinks!

bachelorette 006

My friend Merri played bartender and made us delicious chocolate martinis by combining hot chocolate mix and vodka and topping them with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

bachelorette 007

How cute is my glass? My friend Leah made a bedazzled martini glass for everyone with our initials on them.

bachelorette 009

In addition to my boa, I also wore a necklace that my friends made with paper rings. Each ring had a different dare written on it to complete throughout the night!

After enjoying a couple more drinks, we were ready to head out to Howl at the Moon, a fun piano bar in downtown Chicago.

bachelorette 008

Once there, we sang, drank and danced the night away!

bachelorette 019

bachelorette 025

My friends were pretty sneaky and even had me called on stage a couple of times. I made sure to sing my little heart out to Madonna’s Like a Virgin and Goin’ to the Chapel. :) Luckily my friends joined me half-way through and helped sing along!

bachelorette 027

bachelorette 044

bachelorette 038

After all of the singing and dancing, we took our party train to Beaumont’s, a late-night bar for some more fun.

bachelorette 114

bachelorette 100

And that was our night in a nutshell (minus the 3 a.m. ransacking of tortilla chips, French onion dip, peanut butter bars and cookies ;) ).

Today has been flyin’ by and I’m off to take a shower before more bachelorette fun tonight.

Here’s a hit about what we’re doing this evening: Boys will be girls. ;)

Cheers!

Comments

looks like you’re having so much fun! i love all the pictures, and i love how planned out everything is…you have great friends!

ooh…you’re going to a drag show, aren’t you! i went to one in chicago for a bachelorette thing too!

This is so fun – I’m going to discreetly direct my girlfriends to PB Fingers for bach-ette ideas for my party :)

PS youre friends are so stinking gorgeous and cute! Love LOVE the agenda and paper ring necklace!

3. Lauren says

Awesome Julie…It sounds like you will be hitting up Baton Club tonight! It is soo fun! That is where we went for my bachelorette party. I’m glad you made it to Howl at the Moon…that place is sooo fun. Have a blast!!

You look so happy with all your friends! They did a GREAT job. Down to the last detail. Wow!

Have fun tonight. And I love drag shows if that is what you are going to do. LOL

HAVE FUN! Aw these pictures are so awesome – I can’t wait for my party one day ;) haha, I’ve got QUITE some time, but this makes me look forward to it. You are GORGEOUS!

Enjoy every moment, Julie, you deserve nothing but happiness :)

• peanutbutterfingers says

i actually grew up in palatine, IL & came back to celebrate w/ some college friends that moved here. :)

• Emily says

ooh fun!! i am actually moving to Chicago in two weeks!! I had Giordano’s for the first time while I was visiting and it was heaven on earth!! YUM!

6. Mama says

I think I know where you are going tonight. Been there, done that. Be prepared for some beautiful “girls.”
    Thinking of you! xo Mama

Oh I am so impressed with all that your friends are doing! That’s amazing and lovely and wonderful :) :) :)

Chicago is such a fun city…I have to wonder if you are going to the Mashed Potato Club tonight ;)

How fun! One of my best friends just moved to chicago for an internship with the bulls..and hopefully I will get to go visit her in september when ill be close in St Louis! So glad your having fun!

Aaaww, it looks like you’re having a fun time!! And you picked a great city to do it in :-D Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the weekend holds for you!! Boys will be girls, hmm???

Oh my gosh! looks like so much fun! :)

enjoy yourself this weekend with all of your friends! I am so amazed on how detailed all of the plans are!

Looks like you gals are having a ton of fun!

Did you all plan to wear white & (some shade of) gray? Great group picture. :)

Hope the weekend is amazing.

12. Elyse says

It looks like your having so much fun!!! I can’t wait to see more picture :) You do have some great friends! My bachelorette party is this up coming weekend! I’m from Ann Arbor, Michigan and we’re headed to Nashville! This makes me even more excited! Thanks for sharing :)

It looks like you had a fantastic time! You’re friends seem super thoughtful :)

Those martini’s look soooo good. How does she do it? Just take dry hot chocolate mix and add in some vodka?

• peanutbutterfingers says

yep – & she just shakes ‘em up w/ some ice cubes (but takes the ice cubes out before serving). SO good!