I am always taking mental notes about all the ideas they give me and I owe tonight’s dinner to my friend Leah, who told me about this easy recipe this weekend.
It’s no secret that I love fish, but I tend to gravitate to more flavorful fish like salmon and trout.
I often steer clear of tilapia because I find it a little bland. However, I nabbed two tilapia filets at the grocery store last night because they were the cheapest white fish available behind the seafood counter and Leah’s recipe called for a white fish.
To prepare the fish, I lined a cookie sheet with foil and sprayed it with cooking spray before placing the tilapia filets on top. I then sprayed the filets with cooking spray and sprinkled them lightly with garlic salt. After broiling the fish until it was fully cooked (less than 10 minutes), I topped the filets with a mixture of Parmesan cheese and basil and placed them back in the oven to broil until the cheese became slightly brown and crisp.
The result was a very flavorful and cheesy fish filet!
I enjoyed the Parmesan basil tilapia with a side of roasted Brussels sprouts for some added nutrients.
Gotta love and easy and delicious dinner!
Of Possible Interest
- 5 Healthy French Fry Alternatives (FitSugar.com)
- Healthy Family-Friendly Dinners Under $10 (Health.com)
- Decoding Food Labels (dailySpark.com)
Four Your Enjoyment
I saw this cute little post on the new blog ChicagoCuisineCritique.blogspot.com and thought it would be a fun one to duplicate on PBF! I always love learning more about you guys, so feel free to participate on your own blog or share four things about yourself in the comments section of this post.
Four Jobs I’ve Had
- Public Relations and Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Manager
Four Places I’ve Lived
- Harrisburg, PA
- Palatine, IL
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Orlando, FL
Four TV Shows I Love
- So You Think You Can Dance
- Cash Cab
- Man v. Food
Four Places I’ve Traveled To
- Costa Rica
Four Blogs I Visit
(Note: I visit a lot more than four blogs daily but thought you might enjoy these blogs that are not from the healthy-living blog community.)
- J’s Everyday Fashion (This girl has serious style)
- Style Me Pretty (FANTASTIC wedding blog)
- The Didactic Pirate (A hysterical college English teacher’s random musings)
- The Daily Puppy (Not a blog, but it features an adorable picture of a new puppy every day)
Four of My Favorite Foods
- Ice cream
- Peanut butter
- Shellfish (clams, mussels)
- Pasta with marinara sauce
Four Places I’d Rather Be
- Romantic vacation with Ryan
- At home with my family
- At the beach with friends
- Back in Chicago with my girlfriends
Now it’s your turn to tell me four things about you:
- What are your four favorite foods?
- What four TV shows do you love?