Oooh Monday

Oh Monday, you’re here again.

A Lil' Tinkle to Start the Week

Here’s the truth, Monday: I pretend to hate you to fit in with the people at work who sigh “Ahh, Monday” in the elevators. If I’m being honest though, I don’t mind you so much. (You may see my “day of the week rankings” here. :) )

I like how Mondays always reset my healthy living goals after a weekend of more indulgent eating (hello soft serve x 1,000, cookies, apple crisp, wine, etc.). I also love Mondays motivate me to have a great workout right off the bat to start my day off on the right foot.

Workout

My Monday morning workout was a good one! I began my workout by taking a BodyPump class and followed it up with 20 minutes of light cardio on the elliptical with a wedding magazine.

Wedding magazines and celebrity gossip magazines are my gym-readings of choice because they’re full of pictures so I don’t have to slow down my workout to read anything. Whenever I catch myself reading, I always notice that my pace slows and my workout suffers a bit.

After my workout and a quick 20-minute with with Miss Sadie, my stomach was ready for some sustenance.

I made myself a big ol’ bowl of chocolate yogurt mousse topped with blueberries and sliced strawberries.

Berries + Chocolate Yogurt Mousse

Deeelish

This chocolatey concoction was the perfect healthy start to the workweek!

Eat Up!

Questions of the Morning

• What is your favorite day of the week?
  • What is your least favorite day of the week?

Comments

1. Amanda says

I love Wednesdays because half of the week is over but you still have half left! I try not to wish the week away because then I don’t get to take advantage of all my time and things that need to be done before the weekend! So Wednesday is perfect!

2. kate says

sunday – it’s my only weekend day off and is spent enjoying all of the little things in life or going on some type of epic adventure.

i like mondays too for all of the reasons you mentioned – it’s a great ‘reset’ day which i love.

i have come to hate thursdays, actually. it irritates me for some reason. i think because i’m generally pretty exhausted by the time it rolls around.

liked the post!

I love Thursday because you almost to the weekend. You can pretty much do whatever you want on that night (stay up late, turn in early) and not go wrong, because TGIAF! Tuesday are on the bottom of my rankings.

4. silvershadow157 says

Favorite day is Friday because you have the promise of the weekend. Least favorite Tuesday, it just always seems to drag

I love Fridays and Saturdays! Sundays are okay, but it’s the day before Monday sooo..you know. Haha! I guess I don’t have a least favorite day, maybe Wednesday – because I hate the term “hump day” :P

Enjoy your day!

I feel the same way about Mondays, I actually think Tuesdays are worse, by then I’m ready for the weekend again and I know I have 3 full days to go. I love Saturdays for the obvious reasons and Fridays as well. Fridays are usually my day. I do whatever I want that night and really relax, plus the work flow is always a little slower.

I agree with liking Mondays!! I thought I was the ONLY FREAK ;) hahah I’d have to say Mondays and Saturdays. Mondays for the reasons you said and Saturdays because well – it’s the weekend and you still have one more day after that!

XOXOX

8. hookedonhealth says

lol! That picture is hilarious, brightened up my monday!

My fav days of the week: Saturdays and sundays. Why? Because of NO WORK! I have time to get an extra long workout at the gym, hit up the farmer’s market, do groceries, and still have tons of time leftover to spend some quality moments with the bf or the girlfriends.

My least favorite day has to be the cliché… MONDAY. It makes me sad that the weekend is over, and I am back for a full five days of being a busy bee. :(

i’m not a fan of mondays only because it means 5 more days til the next weekend, but i also love that it helps me start off with new goals too :) what a great way to look at it, right?!

I love Saturdays at the moment. It’s the only day I don’t work and I don’t have set plans so it leaves a lot to imagination. Sometimes hubs and I get up early to head to the gym and other times we hang out in bed and relax all day. It’s such a great day and I love the feeling of surprise at what we have planned. I don’t mind weekdays but since I commute so far to work I have to leave super early and arrive home kinda late so there is really very little time for anything – it feels very squished. Happy Monday to you!

I like most days… Tuesdays aren’t very much fun because the week is going and there’s so much to do before the weekend again. However, this semester I have Tuesdays off from class so maybe they won’t be so bad. I enjoy Sunday afternoons alot…so relaxing!

12. Kate says

My favorite day of the week is Thursday. Almost the weekend and I either spin or go to an awesome happy hour with friends to start the weekend right.

My least favorite day is Tuesday. It seems to be the slowest day at work. However, Tuesdays are Rescue Me nights, so it ends better than it starts! :)

My least favorite days would probably be Monday and Wednesday, and my favorites would be Friday and Sunday!!!! That chocolate yogurt mousse looks soooooo yummy, I’ll have to try it sometime! =D

I definitely agree that Tuesdays are my least favorite. See Monday, you’re still riding high from the weekend, but Tuesday . . . there’s not much to look forward to. At least Wednedays are halfway there.

I think Fridays are my favorite. They are full of endless possibilities!

My favorite day is Sunday. It’s a total chill day. I’m going to say my least favorite day is Tuesday. I don’t like Mondays, but I agree they are a good restart to healthy living after an indulgent weekend and I’m always ready for a workout after a restful Sunday. Tuedays don’t have that restart feeling and are far from the next weekend.

I’m the same way- Monday is okay, but by Tuesday I’m ready for the weekend!! NYU doesn’t have Friday classes though, so Thursdays are pretty awesome for me too…Friday is my favorite day of the week for that reason!

17. louisianagrown says

I think Fridays would have to be my favorite, especially because I won’t have school or work on Fridays for this entire semester! Thursdays are probably my least favorite because I’ve been working all week and know that I still have a whole day left!

18. Meagan says

I love Saturdays because I can get so much done, but I don’t like Sunday because I am anticipating the the wrok week ahead.

My least favorite day is Sunday because it seems to fly by so fast. The mornings are always filled with volunteeering and the afternoon is recovery. Then the evening just keeps passing by so quickly and I keep thinking to myself “enjoy, enjoy!”

Although it’s a bit different for me since I don’t work Mondays, just the husband does and we’re back to not seeing each other until the two hours between when he finally gets home and when we have to go to bed.

My favorite day is Saturday! We’re rested and relaxed from not having to go to bed early the night before and we have the whole day to do whatever we want!

I totally agree, I don’t hate Monday at all. Usually it’s a pretty good day because the apartment is clean and fridge is stocked from the weekend :)

Least favorite day goes to actually Friday, for the reason that I usually run errands on Friday evenings and I hate it. But it’s also nice once I’m home, and everything is chill, and I have the weekend to look forward too!

21. Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) says

I actually like Mondays, but not Sundays. Weird, huh? :D

Jenn

22. Anne @ the doctor takes a wife says

This totally happens to my dog when she plays with her boyfriend. He always marks her :(

Mondays aren’t so bad to me either. My teaching is done by 10 am so I have most of the day free!!