(Ah! I’m wearing shorts!)
Ryan, Sadie and I are packing in my car and heading south because we have a very important activity on the agenda for this evening…
OUR WEDDING FOOD TASTING!
As Jessie Spano would say, “I’m so excited! I’m so excited!” (Side note: Why is this the second time I’m referencing Jessie Spano on my blog in less than a month???)
I cannot explain to you how excited Ryan and I are for this event.
I know it’s common for most grooms to look forward to this activity and Ryan is no exception. The two of us are basically eating machines and have been asking about the cake tasting since we booked our venue back in November.
Tonight we finally get to try the food! This evening Ryan and I have plans with our mothers to attend our wedding food tasting at the Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club, where we’ll be getting married in less than two and a half months.
(The above picture is of the Tea Garden, where our ceremony will be held. Our reception will be indoors in a ballroom.)
Prior to our tasting we were asked to select several items off the menu to sample, including four hors d’oeuvres (aka the hardest word to spell in the entire world), two appetizers, two salads, three entrees and three wedding cake flavors.
Tonight we will be trying the following items:
- Beef and artichoke bruschetta, olive aioli
- Citrus shrimp, horseradish aioli
- Ricotta fritter, minted tomato sauce
- Port roasted duck, raspberry wonton
- Black pepper smoked shrimp, exotic fruit, avocado salad
- Pan seared lump crab cake, sweet corn puree, smoked bacon-tomato relish
- Baby greens with maple roasted pears, Point Reyes bleu cheese, spiced pecans & champagne vinaigrette (we’re asking for a different cheese in place of the bleu)
- Boston bibb with raspberries, brie fondant crostini & port vinaigrette
- Herb roasted chicken breast & seared diver scallop with lemon orzo
- Grilled filet & seared sea bass, Parmesan spinach soufflé, pesto green beans, tomato ragout
- Grilled filet & butter poached lobster, spinach Gruyere soufflé, merlot demi
- Red velvet cake
- Two “surprise us” cakes
I’m pretty sure we’ll be calling in our second stomachs to get through these delicious dishes tonight!
Of Possible Interest
- Secrets to Successful Portion Control (WebMD.com)
- How to Properly Read a Nutrition Label (FitSugar.com)
- Bethenny Frankel’s Skinny Cocktail of the Month (Health.com)
Question of the Afternoon
What is the single best dish you’ve ever had at a wedding?
I had the most delicious gnocchi in the world at a wedding Ryan and I attended last May. It was fantastic!