Hittin’ Up the Craft Stores

Phew!

What a day of wedding errands!

Today we’ve accomplished quite a lot with regard to some of the crafty projects we hope to complete before the big day. We hit up three different craft stores and picked up a myriad of supplies including:

• Fabric
  • Foam board
  • Ribbon
  • Baskets
  • Picture frames

Some serious crafting is about to go down. :D

Lunch

When we arrived back home, it was time for lunch.

On the menu today was a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with Sarabeth’s jelly that I tried at my parents’ house back in April and loved.

sarabeth

pb & j 004

Along with my peanut butter and jelly, I enjoyed fresh cherries.

pb & j 003

pb & j 001

For dessert I had a fluffy sugar cookie that my mom made using my grandma’s recipe. The last time I had these cookies I was in Pennsylvania over Thanksgiving. The cookies are fluffy and almost cake-like which I adore.

pb & j 006

Annnd, last but not least…

pb & j 008

Woops! How did those get in there? ;)

Fishin’

After lunch, Ryan and I headed out back to try to catch some fish in the canal behind my parents’ house.

Apparently fish don’t particularly enjoy imitation crab meat (our bait of choice) and we decided we much prefer catching to fishing. :)

Honeymoon Update

Ryan and I have also made some serious progress on the honeymoon front. We’re pretty sure that St. Lucia is going to be our destination of choice.

If any of you have stayed at the Anse Chastanet resort and have any thoughts, please share! Other St. Lucia resort recommendations are also more than welcome. We’re still going back through all of your previous comments as well. Thanks again for all of your comments and suggestions! You guys are the best.

Now I’m off to get crafty!

Hope you’re having a great weekend so far. :D

Comments

I wish I was crafty! I’m horrible at DIY stuff!

That place looks amazing!
    My friend just went to borabora and her pictures ate to die for!!! Now I want to go on a tropical vacay!

2. Kate says

Friends of mine stayed there and gave it rave reviews. They said it was very nice with great furniture, accomidations, and spectacular views. The food was very yummy as well ( and we all know thats a big factor in the decision ;) ) They went jungle biking and scuba diving. Spa and fitness center are FANTASTIC! Hope this helps Julie!!

3. Kate says

Friends of mine stayed there. They loved the furniture, staff, and rooms overall. The food was yummy (and we all know that is a big factor in the decision) ;) They went jungle biking and scuba diving. Spa and fitness center were FANTASTIC!! Hope this helps Julie!!

Sometimes, a good ol’ PB&J is where it’s at!

Congrats on the Honeymoon destination decision. We were supposed to go to St. Lucia on our honeymoon cruise, but we never made it there. I hear it’s absolutely beautiful!

5. wendy says

I check your blog every day and noticed you love funny videos! me too!

check out my blog, Delight Discovered, where I post something that will make you smile everyday. it’s great if you want to relax after running a lot of wedding errands or taking a break from crafting :)

delighdiscovered.blogspot.com

btw, the one with the fainting goats is on my blog today as well! they are so cute.

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you guys for picking St. Lucia! I seriously can’t say enough good things about the Sandals Grande St. Lucian where we stayed on our honeymoon. If you have ANY questions at all, feel free to email me. I can show you some pictures of the resort too. The people are friendly, the staff was amazing, the food was great, and drinks were even better. You certainly won’t ever leave hungry! ;)

On a side note – what kind of bread is that?? For some reason, it’s totally making my mouth water right now!

• peanutbutterfingers says

haha when we started talking seriously about st. lucia i thought “courtney is gonna flip out!” :) thanks for all the great advice!

the bread is a multigrain bread w/ extra seeds from sweetbay’s bakery. (sweetbay is a grocery store chain in FL.) it’s amazing!

Hey Julie!
    One of my friends had her honeymoon in St. Lucia and loved it! She stayed at Sandals and from everything she said (and her pictures) it looked beautiful. She did a lot of scuba diving and water activities. She said the food was really good (especially the salmon) and there was a lot to do.
    I’m sure no matter where you stay, you’ll have an amazing time!! :)

8. Bee says

Wow, what a beautiful resort! The honeymoon package looks incredible with so many activities and things to do!

I recently got engaged and I love hearing about your wedding plans. Your ideas give me such inspiration and I like knowing what worked/didn’t work for you. Congradulations and good luck! :D

9. Maggie says

Hi! I stayed at the Anste Chastene resort – it is absolutely beautiful The rooms are open and airy and it feels like you are staying right in the jungle! We went hiking through the jungle, snorkeling, scuba diving. The service was great and the location is absolutely perfect for a honeymoon. There are tons of different places to eat and many of the places have live music and dancing! My parents stayed in Jade Mountain in one of their private treetop houses, as well, and loved it.

10. Andrea says

Hi!

We went to St. Lucia and we had a great time at the Sandals Regency. The good thing about Sandals is that you can visit the three other Sandals they have there on the island. We went to Sandals Grand for the day for a change in scenery.

You’re going to love it there…it’s beautiful!

11. Jennifer says

We went on our honeymoon to St Lucia and loved it!!! We stayed four nights at TiKaye and 3 nights at Ladera :) I would recommend both and loved what each resort provided!

12. Jenny says

I just got back from my honeymoon in St. Lucia! How ironic! We stayed at the Sandals Regancy in a duplex at the tip of a cove cliff and it was beautiful. Woke up to a sunrise over the ocean every day. I would definitely recommend Sandals, it’s all inclusive with different activities. We did the land and sea tour: saw the Pitons, volcano, took a mud bath and bathed in the suphlur springs, went to the Diamond waterfall, toured a botanical garden, then went snokeling. It was amazing. If you go, definitely stay in the Sandal’s Regancy. You can get a shuttle (for free) and go to the other two resorts, but the Grande was like a huge spring break/MTV party and the beach was dirty, the Hylceon didn’t have much of a beach, but they did have a good restaurant. Good luck! Have fun with the rest of the marriage prep! :)

I have stayed at the Anne Chastanet and it is AMAZING!!!! You would love it. It is gorgeous, beuatiful, and has a great view. You should check out their “CLoud Nine Suite”. There is an open wall… which is basically no wall and it is so romantic. I’m jealous haha I wanna go back!

14. Kristin says

Julie, my husband and I stayed at the Anse Chastanet (up in Jade Mountain) for our honeymoon and we loved it!!!! I reccommed asking for an upgrade to Jade Mountain, which is the resort within the resort. Our room had a private infinity edge pool and they upgraded us for FREE! Also, get ready for the best meals EVER. We still talk about it everytime we go on vacation. They have a cuisine called Absara. It’s Indian food meets Carribean and it is TO DIE FOR!