Ridin’ in Style

Things definitely got a little crazy last night in the Windy City!

After sufficiently stuffing our bellies during the progressive dinner that had us eating from 1 to 7 p.m., we drove to my friend Kristen’s apartment in downtown Chicago to kick off the nighttime activities.

We walked into an apartment that was fully decked out in bachelorette party decor.

chicago bachelorette party 087

My sister made decorative wine glasses and pins for everyone which looked adorable!

chicago bachelorette party 088

After poppin’ open a couple of bottles of champagne, we started the lingerie party and I opened frilly lil’ numbers from all of my friends.

chicago bachelorette party 098

chicago bachelorette party 096

Then it was time for games!

bachelorette party II 165

Before leaving for Chicago, my sister asked Ryan a series of questions and I had to guess his answers!

chicago bachelorette party 101

For every one I got wrong, I had to take a Jello shot. For every one I got right, I had to give out a Jello shot to the person of my choice.

chicago bachelorette party 103

At first I avoided the yellow Jello shots, thinking they were lemon. When I learned that they were pineapple… well, that was a whole ‘nother story! :D

I actually did pretty well guessing Ryan’s answers, but was stumped a few times as well.

It was such a fun game!

After enjoying a few more drinks and gettin’ a little silly, it was time to hit the town!

chicago bachelorette party 117

chicago bachelorette party 118

chicago bachelorette party 109

chicago bachelorette party 114

Little did I know that our transportation to the downtown bars would be so swanky…

chicago bachelorette party 126

My mom and sister made arrangements for our group to ride around in a limo for the night! Safety in style. ;)

chicago bachelorette party 127

chicago bachelorette party 140

We made stops at two different bars, the first of which was filled with people who were bustin’ moves on the dance floor. We weren’t about to let a good opportunity for some dancin’ pass us by…

chicago bachelorette party 157

chicago bachelorette party 147

chicago bachelorette party 152

chicago bachelorette party 170

chicago bachelorette party 144

Our next stop took us to a bar called John Barleycorn.

chicago bachelorette party 195

chicago bachelorette party 212

Apparently I attack my friends to show them how much I love them. ;)

At John Barleycorn, more dancing ensued, though I’m pretty sure this particular bar wasn’t really a dancin’ kinda bar. Well, it was a dancin’ kina place last night fo sho!

chicago bachelorette party 193

chicago bachelorette party 203

My camera’s battery died about halfway through our time at John Barleycorn, so the rest of the evening went undocumented and failed to capture our late night pig out on big pieces of pizza, including a pizza topped with macaroni and cheese!

We got to bed around 4:30 a.m. with bellies full of pizza and leftover cupcakes from the progressive dinner.

This morning we woke up and hung out at my friend Leah’s apartment for a bit before my sister and I had to head to the airport to catch our flight back to Orlando.

It was sad to leave all my girlfriends behind, but I’m so excited to see them in two months for the big day. (Michaela, Carrie, Leah, Kristen and Leslie, thank you all for making this weekend unbelievable. I felt so loved and grateful for such a great group of girlfriends. Love you all!)

Our flight to Orlando was quite turbulent, but that didn’t stop both of us from sleeping for the majority of our time in the air. We were pretty exhausted!

Once back on the ground, Ryan picked us up and took us back to our apartment where the three of us enjoyed made homemade pizza, using the 15-minute pizza crust recipe we love.

Now we’re relaxin’ on the couch before hopefully getting into bed a little early. I don’t want to fall asleep at my desk at work tomorrow!

G’night all. :D

Comments

Looks like Bachelorette party #2 was a success! I am throwing a bachelorette party for one of my best friends in a couple of weeks and I think I might have to steal the questions/jello shots game! Very cute idea :) Have a good night!

2. Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice says

You look so cute in your pink dress. Looks like you had alot of fun. Love the wine glasses!

Yayyy glad you had a great time in Chicago – looks like a perfect reunion!

and gotta love Barleycorn — it’s not meant for dancing, but that has never stopped me either. If you went to the Wrigleyville location then I def know the mac & cheese pizza joint you speak of (Ians?)…YUM!

4. Yasmin says

Julie!! I’ve been reading ur blog for a while but never commented lol bout time I pop in to say wusssuppp! :) looks like had fun in chi town. Ur friends are so sweet & u are so blessed. Just wanted to wish u an early congratulations for the big day!!! How excitingggg! Xo

5. Heidi says

I live right around the corner from the Wrigleyville John Barleycorn and have had many late night snack cravings filled with mac & cheese pizza at Ian’s! May sound strange, but oh so good! Ive been reading your blog for awhile now and am really enjoying it, thanks for helping keep me motivated and entertained!

This is so crazy! You were at JBC in Lincoln Park? My boyfriend DJs there on saturday nights and I stopped by last night after I got off work around 2. Crazy we coula ran into one another! I hope you had fun! Where else did you venture to?

Lora

7. Addie says

OMG! I believe you went to Ian’s pizza for the mac n cheese? I’m from Chicago and I go to UW Madison where the first two locations opened- it’s a late night staple here! So good!

Glad to see you had a fun time!

8. Maura says

Oh wow! That looks like so much fun!! That pink dress is gorgeous! Where did you get it. PS. I might steal your sisters questions&jello shots game for upcoming bachelorette parties. It’s brilliant! Glad you had an awesome time in Chi-town!

Awww looks like such a blast!
    My friends did the same game with me at my bridal shower with asking Jay questions, but they kept it a little more low key – I had to chew a new piece of gum for every question I got wrong. Luckily, I only had to chew about 4 pieces…but I think I would have preferred the jello shots instead. ;)

10. Dani says

OMG ANOTHER adorable bachelorette party! You need to let us know how your friends do it. How are they are so creative and tips for throwing a bachelorette party. Since your fiancé made a guest post maybe your sister or friends can make one too!

I am behind and just catching up on your post’s!!! omg what afun weekend you had! U looked so beautiful! Loved the pink dress!!!! All you girls looked hot!!

So glad you had a great weekend!!!!!! U deserve it! xoxo

12. Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat says

Love the pictures!! You should definitely make some sort of photo book out of all the pictures from the wedding planning, the bachelorette party, etc.!

What a fun gang, I love pictures filled with friends.

I’m also like you in that I have my high school friends and then I have my group of friends from college/dorm/sorority.

I just went to a friend bachelorette party in Las Vegas, it was fun and wild. But I want a more laid back party for my bachelorette next year.

A few things:

You and your sister (and friends) are so beautiful! Seriously!

That club/bar looked full of dudes creepin’ around!

Those jello shots are HUGE!

Glad you had fun! You looked amazing in that pink dress!

15. Diane says

Hey girl!! Love your blog and love this post! I’m planning a girlfriend’s bachelorette party and this game sounds perfect!

Any chance you remember/could find out the questions that were asked? I would love to do the same type of game!

Thanks girl!