Under the sea
Darling it’s better
Down where it’s wetter
Take it from me”
I looked to the sea for my lunch this afternoon.
Well hello there, shrimpies!
After enjoying salmon burgers for dinner last night, I was really feelin’ the sea food vibe and decided to make myself a healthified shrimp salad for lunch.
To begin, I boiled several large, frozen shrimp until they were pink and ready for peeling. (I definitely just wrote “peeing.” Good catch.)
After peeling the shrimp, I put them in the fridge to chill for a bit.
Once the shrimp were sufficiently cold, I chopped them up and transformed them into a delicious shrimp salad which I prepared by combining the following:
- 3 ounces peeled, chopped shrimp
- 1 tbsp. light Miracle Whip (mayonnaise will also work)
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- Old Bay seasoning, to taste
I topped a whole wheat tortilla with baby greens and the shrimp salad and served the wrap along with a sliced orange bell pepper.
Of Possible Interest
- Three Moves that Target the Heck Out of Your Abs (FitBottomedGirls.com)
- Banish That Belly in Three Easy Steps (FitSugar.com)
- 7 Easy Ways to Lighten Up Your Snacks (Health.com)
Question of the Afternoon
- What is your all-time favorite Disney movie?
Without a doubt, mine is The Little Mermaid. When I was growing up I used to pretend to be Ariel in our pool. A green bucket served as my “Flounder.”
All morning I’ve been listening to songs from the movie through Grooveshark (hence the “Under the Sea” reference at the beginning of this post) and am making a serious effort to keep my singing inside my head rather than belting it out for my coworkers to hear.
“I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see ‘em dancin’…”