Workout Playlist: Disney Style

This post will do one of two things to you:

• Make you roll your eyes at me and think I’m 5-years-old
  • Make you feel so happy inside that you want to sing Disney songs aloud for the rest of the day

Let’s hope most of you fall into the second category. 😉

Last night I was updating my iPod with new music (hello, Dynamite!), and inevitably found myself searching iTunes for upbeat songs that always make me happy and make my workouts feel like a positive experience.

Enter Walt Disney. 😀

Disney

Disney music always makes me happy. I think it’s the nostalgia I feel when I hear one of my favorite songs from my childhood. I instantly feel care-free and all warm inside.

Plus, Sadie loves singing to Disney songs.

La, La, La

Last night I created this Disney-inspired playlist to enjoy during my next cardio workout. I think it might be a little too heavy on the Disney music (I typically like to throw in a song or two among my normal music), but, then again, how bad can a Disney music overload really be?

• I Just Can’t Wait to Be King – The Lion King
  • I’ll Make a Man Out of You – Mulan
  • Friend Like Me – Aladdin
  • Circle of Life – The Lion King
  • I Wanna Be Like You – The Jungle Book
  • Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious – Mary Poppins
  • Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah – Song of the South
  • Be Our Guest- Beauty and the Beast
  • Under the Sea – The Little Mermaid
  • Just Around the Riverbend – Pocahontas
  • One Jump Ahead – Aladdin
  • True to Your Heart- Mulan
  • Why Should I Worry – Oliver & Company
  • Be Prepared – The Lion King

Breakfast this morning was rather exotic.

Kool Kiwi

Okay, not really, but the addition of kiwi to my yogurt bowl sure did feel a little tropical.

Along with a cup of Greek yogurt and two sliced kiwis, my breakfast bowl included half of a sliced apple and pearled barley for some whole grain goodness.

Look Haaaaarder (Rafiki, anyone?)

Yum!

Workout

Today was my first day back at BodyPump after a week away from the class.

It’s amazing what only seven days away from something can do to your body. This class felt HARD, but in a good way. BodyPump, you’re the best! 😀

Question of the Morning

Do you like Disney songs? What is your favorite Disney song? Any songs I just have to add to my playlist?

Comments

I LOVE Disney songs, I used to work at Walt Disney World at Epcot :)
    My favorite song would have to be..hmm well it’s not really a particular song but I love the music they play on Main Street.

My favorite Disney songs all come from Aladdin, that move makes me so happy! However, when I was in 2nd grade I was obsessed with the song in Ariel when she loses her voice – basically just aaaaaahaaaaah – and I used to corner my teachers all the time and sing it for them!!

Omg! I am obsessed with all things Disney! I’m surpised I never thought of making a playlist of disney music to work out to! What a great idea! =) I just cant wait to be kingg-best song ever! And, that kiwi looks delicious!

OMG I ansolutely love ‘Dynamite’ by Taio Cruz this song makes my day brighter!! I’m running with this song it gives SOOOOO much energy. But I also Love disney song, they’re cheesy sometimes but so beautiful 😀

AHHH I LOVE your Disney playlist!!!
    I have been bugging my FI to buy me the Disney sing-a-long game for PS3 for so long now!! LOL

Kiss The Girl should be a must add to that list though 😉

I love all Disney songs + movies. My favorite song is “Kiss the Girl” :)

That kiwi looks so bright and colorful on the page….it made me smile looking at your breakfast haha.

7. Paige says

Glad I’m not the only one jamming to some Disney tunes during my workout! A lot of yours made my list, with the addition of some Hercules songs – “Zero to Hero” is good as well as “A Star is Born.” I think my favorite of all time is “Under the Sea.” 😀

Hakuna Matata from the Lion King!
    Not sure if this is a Disney movie but I loved the “Casper” Soundtrack :)
    Another movie that I am not sure is Disney but what about “The Newsies”, that was a great movie too!
    You inspired me to listen to Disney and showtunes on Pandora :)

Haha, I LOVE Disney music but I’ve never worked out to it. Maybe I’ll have to try it sometime. I used to make choreographed dances to all the songs with my friends when I was little. Hahaha, good times.

10. Courtney says

Haha! Love this post. My husband is obsessed with Disney moving and songs, especially those from the Lion King. Oh boy, he is totally going to kill me for saying that!

Ahh what a great list!! What do you use to download music?

I’d have to add:
    “Girl worth fighting for” from Mulan & “Gaston” from Beauty and the Beast!

12. Molly G says

I found your blog three days ago and I am already pretty much obsessed with it and you.

I Love healthy food, working out, Disney, and of course Peanut Butter! So, I’m thinking I will be reading pbfingers for awhile…

Thanks!

When my husband and I first started dating, Disney songs were the only thing that we could both enjoy listening to. We’ve found a pretty happy medium but Disney songs will always remind me of that time and how much fun we had!

hilarious! my best friend and i are huge fans of disney music. we really like screaming it at the top of our longs…windows down. i really love ariel’s “part of your world.” she’s a hottie.

15. brazilgrrl says

I loooooooove Disney!!!!! My favorites were The Little Mermaid and Cinderella!!!!!!!! Soo fun!! By the way, where can you buy barley?? I’ve been wanting to try it, but haven’t found it yet.

Haha I love the idea of a disney playlist, such a great and upbeat workout motivator! Definitely love Lion King songs, especially “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King” and I love “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” from Mulan. If you watch Glee at all, the soundtracks from that show are AWESOME workout music. Its great, too, because even if a song doesn’t make it to one of their CD’s you can still download it from iTunes right after the episode airs :)

That playlist totally cracks me up. I have two daughters and for all of July we listed to “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” at least five times a day. Yes I know all the words (I love that my childhood idol Donny Osmond sings it — yeah I am old!) Another fave “Part of Your World” from the Little Mermaid.

I’m obsessed with working out to I’ll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan. Awesomeness.

My absolute favorite has always been Part of Your World from the Little Mermaid. Belting it out now!

19. Abby says

I work at Disneyworld so I have every Disney song known to man! Dig a Little Deeper from Pincess and the Frog is a great song to workout to as are songs from Hercules, and the instramental music from the Pirates soundtrack!

Love your playlist!

I’m leaving for Disney World on October 1st for a 9 day vacation. I’m SO excited. I’ve been there lots of times; I even worked there for 5 months. but it never gets old.

21. KLo says

Your post made me smile, I just LOVE Disney songs, they too make me happy. You must add “One Jump Ahead” from Aladdin. (from the beginning scene in the marketplace) It’s a great get up and go song!

22. Holly B says

Not a big fan of Disney I’m sad to say :( there was always a sad part to the movies that always got to my little fragile heart and stuck with me…I can see how the songs might be nostalgic and happy tho!

23. Caitlin says

Haha this looks like many of my playlists. “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” and “Colors of the Wind” are my favorite Disney Songs. And, of course, ANYTHING from The Lion King.

i LOVE disney songs! one of the first gifts i got from my bf was a disney song CD (that he was so embarassed to buy! hahaha). my favorite is a whole new world! i love Aladdin!

I found your blog about a week or two ago; I was a bit of a silent stalker until this post, and I realized I HAD to comment!! You are adorable! :)
    I’ve been wanting to start a blog for my illustration website and keep putting it off and off and OFF but yours makes me want to just DO IT!

I wanted to grow up to be a mermaid, soooo I’m gonna go ahead and say out of the 65 Disney songs I have on my iTunes, “Part of Your World” is a pretty close fave.
    “A Whole New World” is also a kareoke duet staple!!!

26. Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat says

I would say that you need to add “Zero to Hero” from Hercules!! I love the playlist though. It may be a little too heavy on the Disney music for me, but I am definitely going to add a couple songs to my workout playlist this evening!

27. Marie says

Oh, I LOVE Disney songs; they are THE BEST. My husband and I love Disney, Pixar…heck any type of animated movie! :) I’m going to steal your playlist! 😉 I think our twins would love hearing the songs even though they aren’t into the movies yet.

28. heather says

the jungle book is my favorite movie, ever(well, other than swingers)–and i noticed that you already have “i wanna be like you;” there’s a phish cover that’s pretty excellent, if youre a phishhead…and i’ve been told by people who aren’t fans that it’s good, too!

29. Elaine says

OMG, I absolutely LOVE Disney songs!!! “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” is definitely one of my fave, and when I sing it I always try and imitate all the voices, haha! (It’s a must when singing any Disney song ;)) I also love “Part of Your World” from Little Mermaid! :)

30. Emily says

are you kidding? I ALWAYS have to start my work outs with disney! It makes me in a better mood and I don’t even realize that I’m working out! I have 20+ songs on that playlist! I don’t know if you’re into Pocahontas, but Savages and Just Around the Riverben are a good ones to work out too!

Umm, seriously – best playlist ever. I love, looovee Disney. How can you dislike anything that immediately brings a smile to your face? I think any song from the Little Mermaid has go to be my fave, although Aladdin is pretty darn catchy too.

32. Barbera Kazmierczak says

For any people with a mooring located in Melbourne St kilda I will keep an eye on them and post anything I see here. This is the view I get so if your boat is visible in the picture below consider adding it to this site.

33. Trayc says

there is an excellent version of “the Tiki Room” by Wayne Brady that always gets me pumped up! Definitely need to add. :) (by the way, I’m 42 and think this playlist is the best! “You’re only as old as you feel…”)

34. Kimmy says

Love that you have a Disney playlist! If you’re looking for upbeat Disney songs to workout to, try Disneymania. They do remixes to some of the slower ones and it makes it fun, too.

35. Molly says

This is fantastic list! Here are some others you could try!

Kiss the Girl – The Little Mermaid
    Girl worth fighting for – Mulan
    I’ve got a dream – Tangled
    When will my life begin – Tangled
    The Lion Sleeps tonight – Lion King

36. erin says

Obsessed with Disney songs…and PROUD!! hahaha. LOVE Tangled…”mother knows best” might be a good one to add. Enchanted would be good too…they have a couple good upbeat songs – James Marsden and Patrick Dempsey aren’t too bad either 😉 .

37. Deanna says

Consider “I have a Dream” from Tangled. I am so happy that some one else has a Disney inspired running playlist! I use mine for long distance races to take my mind off how long I have yet to go.

38. Christine says

I Won’t Say I’m in Love from Hercules has always been a Disney song that gets my grooving in my workout.

39. Fishandshoes says

I just found this blog and after seeing this post, I’m definitely glad I clicked, ha ha. I had never considered using Disney music to boost my workout motivation, but now, for the life of me I can’t think of why not!?

I second a number of the songs people have already suggested, but I would also add…Something That I Want- its not typical Disney, ( ts the song that plays on the credits of Tangled), but I associate it and its peppy. Also not technically Disney, but Princesses on Parade and Practice, Practice, Practice from the Swan Princess. Those songs, especially Princesses on Parade, are especially rediculous and fun, particularly of you imitate the voices with gusto. And, although I’m not a huge Tarzan fan, Strangers Like Me and Son of Man have good beat.

40. Tara says

Love this playlist! I’m training for my first Disney half marathon. This was the perfect motivation to get me going with the workouts. Just created it from itunes and added a couple of the others. They have already been mentioned above. :-)