- Make you roll your eyes at me and think I’m 5-years-old
- Make you feel so happy inside that you want to sing Disney songs aloud for the rest of the day
Let’s hope most of you fall into the second category.
Last night I was updating my iPod with new music (hello, Dynamite!), and inevitably found myself searching iTunes for upbeat songs that always make me happy and make my workouts feel like a positive experience.
Enter Walt Disney.
Disney music always makes me happy. I think it’s the nostalgia I feel when I hear one of my favorite songs from my childhood. I instantly feel care-free and all warm inside.
Plus, Sadie loves singing to Disney songs.
Last night I created this Disney-inspired playlist to enjoy during my next cardio workout. I think it might be a little too heavy on the Disney music (I typically like to throw in a song or two among my normal music), but, then again, how bad can a Disney music overload really be?
- I Just Can’t Wait to Be King – The Lion King
- I’ll Make a Man Out of You – Mulan
- Friend Like Me – Aladdin
- Circle of Life – The Lion King
- I Wanna Be Like You – The Jungle Book
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious – Mary Poppins
- Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah – Song of the South
- Be Our Guest- Beauty and the Beast
- Under the Sea – The Little Mermaid
- Just Around the Riverbend – Pocahontas
- One Jump Ahead – Aladdin
- True to Your Heart- Mulan
- Why Should I Worry – Oliver & Company
- Be Prepared – The Lion King
Breakfast this morning was rather exotic.
Okay, not really, but the addition of kiwi to my yogurt bowl sure did feel a little tropical.
Along with a cup of Greek yogurt and two sliced kiwis, my breakfast bowl included half of a sliced apple and pearled barley for some whole grain goodness.
Today was my first day back at BodyPump after a week away from the class.
It’s amazing what only seven days away from something can do to your body. This class felt HARD, but in a good way. BodyPump, you’re the best!
Question of the Morning
Do you like Disney songs? What is your favorite Disney song? Any songs I just have to add to my playlist?