Stop, Start

I kicked off this beautiful Tuesday with a five mile run with Sadie.

5 Mile Run + Walking at the End

Our run was more of a stop-start-stop-start run than a steady paced run due to my running buddy who likes to potty all the time.

Now that I’m not training for a half marathon I care a lot less about running continuously and I try to embrace Sadie’s potty breaks and use the time to stretch and catch my breath.

We finished five miles in under 50 minutes and cooled down with a short walk back to our apartment. I always have to take some time to cool down after a run before hopping in the shower, otherwise I’ll keep sweating and that makes getting ready a truly miserable experience.

Post-run, I was in the mood for a cold and filling breakfast.

I also wanted to use the brand new Cuisinart immersion blender I got from my aunt as a bridal shower gift (my shower isn’t until next weekend, but she cannot come and sent her gift ahead of time).

I decided to make myself a pumpkin pie cheesecake breakfast bowl by blending the following:

• 3/4 c. cottage cheese
  • 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
  • Sweetener, to taste
  • Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, to taste

Pre-Blended

After blending away, I had a thick, pumpkiny breakfast bowl, perfectly appropriate for fall. (The immersion blender worked perfectly and was really powerful, just in case you were wondering.)

I topped the bowl with a sprinkle of nutmeg for some added flavor.

Sprinkle O' Nutmeg

Chomp!

I like to use no salt added cottage cheese when creating breakfast bowls because regular cottage cheese actually has quite a bit of salt!

Friendship Cottage Cheese

I use Friendship All Natural 1% No Salt Added cottage cheese, which works really well.

However, I must warn you: This stuff tastes absolutely terrible on its own, but when mixed with yogurt, pumpkin or a more dominant ingredient, it’s delicious!

Date Night

For those of you who asked me to report on the movie last night, both Ryan and I really enjoyed Date Night. I think Tina Fey and Steve Carell are absolutely hysterical and they definitely made the movie. Though I wouldn’t care to own it, the movie is definitely worth a watch!

What was the last movie you saw in the theaters? Would you recommend it?

The last movie I saw in the theaters was Eclipse. If you’re curious, you may see my thoughts on the movie (and the Twilight books in general) here.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :D

Comments

The last movie I saw in theaters was The Other Guys, at the begging request of my bf. While I was hesitant going into it, since I’m not a huge fan of the slapstick humor, it was hilarious! Great cast and a lot of obvious impromtu lines from Will Ferrall and Mark Wahlberg. 1 1/2 thumbs up ! ;)

This is going to sound horrible but I think the last movie I saw was Up in the Air which would have been last christmas. I loved it though- I would say it’s a must see! Makes you think a lot

Date night was so funny-Glad you liked it!

Anything with pumpkin is an excellent choice! Although, I still havent tried it with cottage cheese! Next on my to-do list! =) FOR SURE.

I loved Date Night! I don’t think it will be on repeat but it was really cute when I did see it. The last movie I saw in the theatre was Toy Story 3. It was awesome. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. I even shed a tear. :)

Breakfast looks delish as usual. I wish I were more creative with my meals.

I really want to see Date Night. The last movie that I saw in theaters was Ramona and Beezus, which was cute, but not amazing.
    Your breakfast looks amazing!!!!!! I wish I was brave enough to try something different!
    Oh, and I will definitely be making those sweet potato wedges soon, except I might add cayenne pepper, or is that too weird?

I hope you have a wonderful day as well!

And now I’m regretting not buying an extra can of pumpkin for myself at the store. I got one for some baking I’m doing for the firemen we’re visiting tomorrow on a “field trip” but stopped myself from buying my own since it wasn’t Libbys and was $3/can! I want me some pumpkin though.

Believe it or not, the last movie I saw in the theatre was Pirhanna 3D!! I’m not a fan of horror flicks at all (even the cheesy ones) but i actually really enjoyed it!!! it was more funny than scary!

8. Angela says

Man, now I need something with pumpkin. I just have to say, I LOVE your blog. You’ve inspired me to start cooking healthy meals. Thank you.

I definitely need a cool down after a work out too! :) Otherwise I continue to be a sweaty beast, not pretty.
    The last movie I saw was Eclipse too :) I thought it was good, not great. Way better than Twilight. I am getting super excited for Breaking Dawn :) However, with all books to movies, the books are always so much better :)

10. Katie says

The last movie I saw in the theatres was “The Expendables” (not because I wanted to see it but because the boyfriend wanted to). Thankfully we had a delicious sushi dinner including a couple glasses of wine before, otherwise it would have been a flop of a night!

Good luck in your half marathon training.

The pumpkin and cottage cheese sounds fantastic. It’s almost like the protein pancake recipe but not cooked. I’ll have to give it a try when I’m in a rush sometime.

Love the idea of pumpkin and cottage cheese. I’m gonna have to give that one a try as I’m getting sorta burnt on yogurt.

Last movie in a theater…. Eat Pray Love. Worth the watch :)

I love watching movies but like to wait for their release because it’s 1/10th the cost! Last two I saw were “Eat, Pray, Love” and “Inception.” Both totally different but VERY good nonetheless. “Date Night” is on my list!

Ooh! I love Friendship No Salt Added cottage cheese! The other stuff is too salty for me. I guess I’m wierd but I like to eat it on its own – it kind-of reminds me of ricotta cheese?!

15. Meagan says

Where are you finding pumpkin? All the grocery stores in my town are out and say they probably won’t be getting any until after Halloween due to the shortage last year.

Inception…and I know EVERYONE loves it…but I just didn’t.

The next thing I want to see is Easy A.

I am still trying to find a good clean cottage cheese. No preservatives and freaky ingredients are a must for me!