Wedding Welcome Gifts

Last night during our birthday dinner date at Le Coq Au Vin, Ryan and I talked a lot about our upcoming wedding and the planning process.

le coq au vin & bridesmaid gifts 031We discussed things that have surprised us most and both admitted that we thought I would be a little more stressed throughout the process. To be honest, I kind of surprised myself at my laid back attitude toward our big day since I am such a planner and really like to have all the details of any event completely drawn out.

I will say that I feel like once we chose our venue and major vendors (florist, photographer), we kind of coasted for several months. About a month ago – two months out from our big day – the momentum started picking up again. Now I still feel rather relaxed, but definitely have an ongoing list of wedding-related to-dos each and every single day.

Today’s task was our wedding welcome gifts!

We want to have a little treat waiting for our guests to receive when they arrive at the hotel where our wedding is being held.

Our wedding is taking place on Halloween weekend, but our actual wedding day will not feature any orange and black. We figured we’d use the welcome gifts as a way to recognize the holiday with treat bags full of candy corn and Reese’s pieces.

halloween wedding crafts 008halloween wedding crafts 022

I made the gifts by stamping papaya-colored cardstock (about the size of a business card) with a Happy Halloween stamp. I then punched a hole in the top of the card with an adorable Martha Stewart heart-shaped hole puncher and tied the card on with orange and yellow ribbon.

halloween wedding crafts 017halloween wedding crafts 021

Ryan was a great help and filled lots of bags with candy and punched lots of heart-shaped holes.

halloween wedding crafts 025Lunch

I’m not gonna lie, lunch was candy corn and Reese’s Pieces.

I intended to eat a real lunch, but in the process of crafting, I think I ate my entire bodyweight in candy and started to feel ill from all of the sugar.

When you put peanut butter candies in front of me for more than an hour, detrimental things tend to occur. ;)

Around 3 p.m. I still didn’t feel hungry but figured I should get something nutritious into my body and made myself a smoothie.halloween wedding crafts 007

In the mix:

• 1 c. blueberry yogurt
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 c. cottage cheese
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 frozen banana

I drank about 3/4 of it before feeling a little ill again. Apparently my body is still in sugar overload mode!

Rest of the Day

The rest of the day will include a pit-stop at the craft store for more ribbon so I may finish off the welcome gifts.

We will also be getting Ryan fitted for his tux!

See ya after dinner!

Comments

Love the welcome gift ideas- super cute!!
    I was missing your post this morning- told ya, it’s my favorite morning read :D
    I CAN’T believe how close your wedding is, I’m BEYOND excited for you!!

i love that you are having such a great experience planning your wedding! mine was great, but i hear so many times that it’s super stressful for girls. our wedding was very laid-back and small, which was perfect, and i loved every moment of it. i can’t wait to see y’alls pictures VERY soon! :)

haha. your so cute! I love the candy corn and reeces pieces combination! i bought some reeces pieces yesterday! Next stop: candy corn!
    I would definitely eat a ton of them as well.
    It’s good to know I’m not the only one who accidentally keeps eating too much sugar and then BAM:ehhh. Sometimes i feel like some people have perfect eating habits: but its just not true. and that’s a good thing!

I am glad you’re having a great time! :)
    Those welcome bags looks super super cute!
    P.S. Isn’t it weird how girls can see guys in their tux before the wedding day, but guys can’t see girls in their dress?!

I LOVE candy corn! It’s a weakness of mine. Most Halloween candy actually.. :)

It will be harder to resist this year because I am on a (mostly) clean eating/fitness lifestyle change.

6. laura says

hi julie
    i live in Tampa and i am thinking to move to Orlando in december? what are do you prefer? do you like Orlando better than st pete??

• says

i love st. pete, but i think at the point in my life i do prefer orlando. there is ALWAYS something fun to do and is really close to winter park, a really nice area with cute shops/restaurants and the downtown area is also close to the amusement parks & some more touristy attractions (about 25 min. away). i think they’re both wonderful places to live, but for me, orlando is a better fit right now.

Love that idea! My wedding was in October and since one of our colors was pink…I bought a TON of breast cancer support, pink M&Ms. They were our favors but I definitely ate my fair share during the bagging process. :)

those welcome gifts are super cute! i’ve definitely had the same thing happen, usually when baking. sometimes the testing/hand dipping becomes a meal in itself! so delicious until you get a sugar belly ache :)