A Touring I Will Go

This morning I said goodbye to Ryan and Sadie and boarded a plane headed for Fresno, California (stopping briefly in Dallas, Texas).

invites 005I will be in California for the next couple of days, participating in POM Wonderful’s Harvest Tour organized to give a group of bloggers a more in-depth look at POM’s pomegranate orchards and factory.

pomWhen I was contacted by POM Wonderful about participating in the tour, I was immediately on board. I remembered seeing a bunch of bloggers participate last year and it looked like such a fun and educational experience.

(Side note for you bloggers out there: I noticed that POM’s website is taking applications from bloggers who are interested in participating in the Harvest Tour next year. If you’re interested, click here to check it out.)

My only reservation about participating in the tour was being away from home two weeks before our wedding! Eek! Fortunately we got so much done last weekend that I feel okay with being away.

I’m excited! :D

Workout

Let’s back up a bit before we get in full-blown POM overload!

This morning started out earlier than usual and had me and Ryan at the gym at 5 a.m. on the dot for a workout.

I tackled Holly’s intense incline treadmill workout and was a sweaty beast by the time I was done.

workoutI know I’ve said it before, but that workout is no joke! Phew.

After showering and packing up some last minute things, Ryan dropped me off at the airport and I headed to Dallas!

Flight to Dallas

On my flight to Dallas, I entertained myself by writing thank you notes for everyone who came to my bridal shower or sent me a gift. It felt good to check that little “to-do” off my list!

I also read my book and perused the Sky Mall catalog.

I love looking through Sky Mall catalogs because they have the most random and creative little trinkets and gadgets.

Case in point:

airplane 003A giant cupcake pan! (I kind of want this…)

A lamp you couldn’t pay me to own…

airplane 001(Does this remind anyone else of that horrible lamp in A Christmas Story?)

And family Hoodie Footie pajamas!

airplane 005I think I know what I’m getting Ryan and Sadie for Christmas! ;)

Dallas

Welcome to Dallas!

airplane 007airplane 006Judging by the airport in Dallas/Fort Worth, I am beginning to think that the saying “everything’s bigger in Texas” might have some merit. The airport is h-u-g-e.

After spending a good 20 minutes navigating my way from one terminal to the next, I started to get a little hungry.

I headed over to Starbucks and bought a chicken Caesar salad with lots of parmesan cheese to tide me over until I reach Fresno.

airport 005I tried this salad for the first time en route to Chicago for my first bachelorette party two months ago and loved it. bachelorette party 164 (Bachelorette party flash back! So fun!)

I also ordered a mocha light Frappuccino for some sweetness.airplane 009 I really wanted a pumpkin spice Frappuccino (I still haven’t had one this season!), but the Starbucks in the airport didn’t have them available. Sad. I still enjoyed my mocha Frapp though! :D

I was hoping to publish this post in Dallas, but they didn’t have free wireless internet, so $10 later, I’m posting from the skyyy!

See ya on Twitter… and then again from Cali!

Comments

fun! sorry i asked what you were doing on your first popst this morning! i founmd out now! lol
    that sounds like fun!
    and i love how creative you are and how you make so much use of your time while your on the plane! lol
    i need to start copying you!

2. krista says

I live 4 miles from DFW airport. I LOVE it and when I go to others they pale in comparison! I could totally live in there for awhile, it would be fun to try all the food places and such. :)

that sounds like fun!
    i need to start copying you!
    and i know! the airport there is gigantic! i love walking around it though. they got a few good resturanuts too!

Sounds like a fun trip! I love looking at the SkyMall magazines, they have the most hilarious items. And then there are always some hilarious items that I actually want!

Sounds like a fun trip. Can’t wait to hear all about it. And I haven’t had a chance to try the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks either – I am looking forward to it so badly!

6. Bonnie says

Wait a minute – am I the only one here defending that awesome lamp in A Christmas Story? I’ve been looking for one for a few years – not the scrawny imitations they have now, but the truly tacky curvy one they had in the movie! HA! Now that lamp in Skymall … ugh. :)

7. Rebecca says

That lamp totally looks like the one from A Christmas Story. Such a good movie! I watch it every year without fail :) it is a classic, after all.

8. Jamie says

I’m pretty sure you’ve answered this before but….you always have such a pretty sunkissed look to your skin! Do you use any sort of self tanner?

I have been reading your blog for awhile, but have never posted a comment but here I am now. Lol. :)

Oh, and I REALLY want that giant cupcake pan! I’m sort of addicted to cupcakes. ;P

I would love one of those cupcake pans too – so fun! I was pleasantly surprised with how great Starbuck’s packaged sandwiches and salads are. They’re perfect for a quick meal on the go! I still need to get myself a pumpkin spice frappuccino before they are gone for the season! They are the best :)

11. Alison says

Thanks to you, I’m now hooked on Light Caramel Fraps from Starbucks. How does the Pumpkin Spice compare? I might have to order it next time! ;)

12. ivette says

i did this workout two days ago & absolutely loved it.
    i used it as a guideline for mine because i’m an avid runner so i had to increase the speed.
    thanks for all these workouts. so helpful, i just download them to my phone & take it with me to the gym! :)

13. Amanda says

I just did this workout today for the first time and it really was a doozie. I was a “sweaty beast” too when I was finished. Quick question about it: when the speed for the recovery goes down to 3.0 did you walk it or do a light jog. I did a light jog up until halfway through the workout then had to walk. It kicked my butt. Thanks for posting.