Two Ingredient Cranberry Relish

You know it’s getting close to Thanksgiving when you start to see cranberries on sale!

Cranberries

On Sunday night, I purchased a bag of the beautiful, ruby-red berries. I was excited to make my favorite two-ingredient cranberry relish for the first time this season!

To make the relish, I simply pulsated several handfuls of fresh Ocean Spray cranberries in the food processor. I then pulsated the berries again, adding sugar until the relish reached the level of sweetness that I prefer.

Cranberry Relish

This relish is so easy to make and so, so delicious. It’s terrific stirred into oatmeal or hot cereal or on a turkey and cream cheese sandwich.

Today I opted to enjoy the cranberry relish on top of a cup of Greek yogurt, along with pomegranate arils to keep the magenta-theme of this breakfast going strong.

Cranberry Relish, Pomegranate Arils, Greek Yogurt

Looks Like Christmas!

Any time the color magenta makes it into one of my meals, I’m a happy girl! :D

This breakfast tasted fantastic after a 5-mile run with this crazy lady…

Running Buddy

Time to get to work! I have a bazillion things on my to-do list today, so I gotta get crackin’.

Enjoy your Tuesday! :D

Comments

1. Meagan says

This looks amazing! I just discovered pomegranates a couple weeks ago and love them! I will have to get some cranberries soon. My breakfast lately has been a random concoction of things you would probably enjoy – sliced peach, vanilla unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon and butterscotch sugar-free jello pudding powder heated in the microwave for a couple minutes (it’s also really good cold). You can also replace the milk with yogurt and it’s equally yummy!

• Brittany says

I agree! I have always loved vizsla, but seeing Sadie’s hilarious “person”ality on a daily basis totally makes me want to adopt a vizsla puppy NOW! :)

whenever I think of cranberries, I think of that episode of friends where someone ate ross’s thanksgiving sandwich! haha. RANDOM! I havent tried a turkey sandwich with cream cheese and cranberries. Sounds so good though! =)

Shut the front door! Cranberries are available now?! That makes me even more excited than canned pumpkin! I’ve been wanting to make cranberry oat bars lately and just dying to see that precious little Ocean Spray bag show up at the grocery store! Gonna go check soon, thanks for the heads up!

4. Nicole says

I love cranberry relish – especially when my mom makes it. But, knowing that she puts about a bag of sugar in the mix, I was looking online for an alternative after I read your post. Seems like you can substitute dates for the sugar…I’m going to give it a try.

I agree with the orange recommendations- my mom and I make that same relish but add one WHOLE orange. Just cut it in wedges to remove the seeds, then put them in the food processor (peel and all)!