It’s a dreary day in Orlando.
When I think of comfort food, I imagine meals that cook all day long and make the whole house smell incredibly delicious.
Unfortunately I wasn’t in a patient mood and wanted some quality nourishment fast!
I did quick scan of goods around my kitchen and figured I had all the ingredients to create beef stew.
- 1 lb. beef, cut into cubes (I used eye round because it’s cheap!)
- 3 large red potatoes, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can beef broth
- 13 oz. beef stock
- 1/2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Sautee onion and carrot in a deep pot coated with cooking spray
- Add potatoes, beef broth and beef stock to the onion and carrot and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add beef, worcestershire sauce and thyme to the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and beef is cooked through
Note: This recipe serves 2 – 3 people (Ryan and I finished the whole pot between the two of us and both had two bowls)
Who says beef stew has to cook for hours?
It’s official… we are not leaving for St. Lucia on Friday for our honeymoon as planned. The resort where we were planning to stay is not welcoming new guests until late next week, so we’re scrambling to make other arrangements.
We are thinking of postponing our St. Lucia trip, but we’re also considering revamping our plans completely and finding a new destination so we can still leave for our honeymoon on Friday.
If you guys have any last-minute travel advice or know of any resorts or travel websites that offer wonderful deals to guests who book a trip at the last possible second, please share!