Bridesmaid Pic Preview + Egg McMuffin Remix

Are you ready for the reeeeemix?

Ra-Ra-Ra-Remix!

First take your standard healthified egg McMuffin and subtract the Canadian bacon and cheese,  replacing them with veggie bacon and roasted red pepper hummus. Slap some sauteéd portobello mushrooms on there for good measure!

Veggies + Protein + Whole Grains

It’s hot. It’s tasty. It’s healthy.

Bite Me, Baby!

Slaaaam dunk.

Workout

I needed a hot breakfast after a cold walk with Ryan and Sadie this morning. Fortunately I had Ryan along on my usual walk with the pup, because talking to him distracted me from the chill. Well, unless the wind started blowing, and then all bets were off!

We went on a walk with Sadie after hittin’ up the gym for a workout. I took my usual BodyPump class, followed by 10 minutes on the elliptical while reading Women’s Health. The magazine had little tid bits of advice about healthy eating, one of which I really enjoyed.

It advised readers to address each meal like Monday morning. A fresh slate. A new opportunity to eat nutritious foods and make healthy decisions. I really liked this tip, as I found myself experiencing an “all or nothing” approach to my eating last Friday.

When we were baking 16 dozen Christmas cookies last week, Ryan and I ate a ton of dough. Since I already ate so much dough, I figured why not eat a ton of cookies? (Because inevitably I ended up in a sugar coma with a cookie tummy ache, that’s why.)

Eating samples of cookie dough while baking isn’t something I would ever beat myself up over, but throwing caution to the wind and overdoing it made me feel sick and sluggish. My “what the heck” attitude lead to more cookie consumption, and if I had just taken the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a healthy snack rather than several more cookies, I know I would’ve felt much better.

It was just a random tip, but it resonated with me and I figured there might be someone out there who has experienced a similar all-or-nothing experience recently that may also benefit from this little nugget of knowledge, so I figured I’d share. 😀

Bridesmaid Pictures

And now for the wedding-related surprise I mentioned last night.

Our wedding photographer, Gina Leigh (<– beyond amazing),  is working on uploading all of our wedding photos for us. She has a beautiful blog where she posted some preview pictures of me and my bridesmaids and I thought you guys might want a sneak peak since I haven’t posted many pictures from our big day. (I’m waiting on getting all the photos from her before posting a full wedding recap.)

I don’t want to elaborate too much about my bridesmaids, their dresses, etc. until  the recap, but until then, you may wish to click here to enjoy the sneak peak of pictures! 🙂

Of Possible Interest

Comments

I definitely have those all or nothing days….well more specifically, ALL! I have a tendency to think in terms of days so like you, once I eat a whole lotta crapola, I just keep on truckin’. <–not the way to think.

2. Brittany says

GORGEOUS photos of you and your bridesmaids, Julie! After the wedding itself (and honeymoon), getting to see the wedding photos is the best part!

3. Sarra says

I totally know the “what the heck” attitude you’re talking about, I always do that! Thanks for the tips! 🙂

Your pictures are so beautiful, I can’t wait for the full recap. I love your dress, your hairstyle, and your flower colors! So simple and elegant, which I love! You’re so pretty 🙂

Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous. You look so beautiful and happy surrounded by your sister and other bridesmaids. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos!

If it gets any colder in Florida, you’ll need this guy to keep you warm: http://www.zappos.com/patagonia-womens-downtown-loft-parka-black. I just bought it and it’s like a huge sleeping bag! I hope it doesn’t get THAT chilly where you are! 🙂

Wow, beautiful images – I could see them getting published! Can’t wait to see the rest, I love following wedding photographers.

Left your photographer a little comment love on her site too!

Julie, absolutely STUNNING.
    I love how the dresses all turned out well & I LOVE LOVE LOVE their shoes!!!!!
    Cannot wait until the rest of the photos are ready 😀

7. Gina Leigh says

First…thank you, thank you for your kind words. Second…a little confession. I’ve been blog stalking you for about two weeks! Seriously, you’re inspiring me. It’s so easy to get caught up in life…loving on my family and little boys, photographing gorgeous brides like you :-), etc., etc. and fitness has just taken a back burner. Thanks for such taking the time to share such creative ideas, and serving as an inspiration!

xoxo,
    Gina Leigh

WH is my favorite of the health magazines. I feel like the information is a lot more solid than some of the other magazines. And the workouts are usually a lot better, too.

First of all, the pictures are GORGEOUS!! I love the little sneak peak, can’t wait to see the rest!

Second- ugh, I’m with you on the all or nothing mentality. When I’ve just had an indulgent meal or overdone it with the sugar, I’m SO likely to just give in and keep going until I feel sick. It’s the all or nothing mentality, but as we all know, that is so NOT the case with healthy eating- it’s finding a balance and moderation every day! Know you’re not the only one who struggles with this 🙂

I can’t wait to see more photos!

I hear ya on the all or nothing mentality. I’m usually pretty good about not getting too out of hand, but while baking cookies last night, I went a little wild with the dough myself. Maybe it is just certain foods I get a little crazy with, dough being one of them!

Absolutely Gorgeous Julie.

And also, I’m the same way with just throwing it all away once I’m eating unhealthy. I am really working on recognizing that I’ve deviated a bit from the healthy diet, but that doesn’t mean I need to continue down that route.

Since Thanksgiving I’ve gone on a no sweets kick. It’s not for everyone, but for me it helps me get back on track. Once I start, I can’t stop!

Lovely photos Julie. As a former nearly wed yourself, I’m sure you know the feeling of a bride-to-be looking at other wedding pictures and wished their wedding will be as beautiful as the pictures they are looking. I had that thought when I looked at your pictures…beautiful. I can’t wait for my big day…6 more months.

13. Jessica says

I love the pictures! You are beautiful! My sister is getting married next weekend, so seeing these is getting me so excited for her wedding!

14. laura says

oh my gosh Julie. you looked so pretty on your wedding day and I love how natural your makeup looked. Bravo to the photographer! But it’s really just you and your pretty bridesmaids…her skills merely enhanced the beauty :)!

I read the same tip in Women’s Health and it totally hit home for me, too! I thought about how I usually feel on Mondays, and I always want to feel that way!

Your pictures are so beautiful. I LOVE those b-maid dresses!