Our Wedding Video

Sometimes the grossest looking foods are the tastiest.

Exhibit A:

Nasty Deliciousness

That would be 1/2 of a small avocado mashed with a couple of spoonfuls of salsa. (It’s basically a avocado-heavy version of my favorite salsa avocado dip.)

Looks like bunk, tastes delicious!

I ate the odd concoction atop a Thomas’ everything bagel thin, alongside itty-bitty tomatoes and an apple.

The Whole Enchilada

Now I have something awfully special to share with you…

Our Wedding Video

Last week I mentioned that my friend Merri secretly made a wedding video as a wonderful gift to me and Ryan. Throughout our wedding day, she sneaked around, unbeknownst to us, filming us getting ready, and recording our ceremony and the beginning of our reception.

She worked with a friend of hers to compile all of the footage and set it to music.

I love this video so much and Ryan and I are so, so grateful to Merri for capturing the best day of our lives on video for us to cherish forever.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

(Click here to watch this video on YouTube if you cannot see the video above.)

Comments

This is so sweet! I love that she did this as a gift for you two. The “getting ready” footage is always my favorite- its great to see everyone all excited and antsy. I cannot wait to get our wedding video- we’re supposed to have it in January.

This was such a beautiful video! I was trying to hold back tears while watching this. You can truly see how amazing of a couple you really are from this video. I love the clips of Ryan when he is watching you walk down the aisle and when you are saying your vows. Congrats again! πŸ™‚

3. Sarra says

This is a such a beautiful video, so well done!!! Your friend is amazing for doing this!!!

You guys are SUCH a cute couple!!!! Everything looked so amazing! Congrats!!!! πŸ™‚

4. Jess says

What a beautiful video…I had to hold back tears though most of it lol. That Michael Buble song is the one I want to dance to at my wedding πŸ™‚ Love it. And I loooove that Sadie was in the video too!

Oh my gosh!
    Amazing video! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and like everyone else, I definitely teared up at the end! πŸ™‚

PS what songs did you guys pick to dance to? Apparently everyone loved them! πŸ™‚

• says

haha – well, one was “dynamite” that you hear in the video. πŸ™‚ our dj was awesome & had EVERYONE dancing the whole night! i told him to play a variety of songs from classic rock & ’80s hits to oldies and top 40 “booty dancin’ music.”

• says

that was honestly SO emotional for me! after the photographer took our picture there, everyone left the room so we could talk behind the door. i started crying instantly. it was SO nice to have him there.

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful video! I’m watching it at work with the sound off so I can’t wait to see it with the music! πŸ™‚ That is just so amazing that your friend made it for you to enjoy!

P.S. Mashed avocado and salsa is one of my favorite additions to any salad. It makes for such a delicious topping!

LOVED the video. Seriously, that was the most love filled wedding! Loved when they zoomed in on Ryan’s face. It reminded me of 27 Dresses when they say that their favorite part is looking at the groom’s face when he first sees the bride. Congrats!

8. Lauren says

Wow! I just have to say what a wonderful video that is! I’ve never commented on a post before, but I just decided this would be the one to comment on!

I started reading your blog a few months ago, and I honestly just have to say I feel like I know you, and am so happy for you two! It also made me so excited for my own wedding next summer! When I started reading your blog I had just finished my first year of law school/legal internship/started planning my wedding/and was trying to learn to cook healthy meals for my fiance and myself (we both meet at the end of the day to hit the gym and cook dinner, even though we don’t live together). It just felt so nice to read about someone else whose priorities in life (outside of work/school and all that) were their family, their relationship, and being healthy! So i just kept coming back to see what work outs you had done or healthy meals you had prepared, and they really energized me to amp up my own routines.

Thanks again for your daily boost of energy! And congratulations!

9. Lea says

That was the sweetest viedo. Your friend is so awesoem for doing that for ya’ll. My favorite parts besides all the shots of you and Ryan looking so much in love are (1) your grandmother (?) saying that she had a big smile on her face all night while she slept or (2) Sadie going crazy in her bridal get up.

10. Brittany says

Beautiful video to capture such a special wedding! I love that you have this to watch and re-live your wedding day over the years πŸ™‚ I can tell through your blog that you are the sweetest person, and it seems like Ryan is absolutely wonderful as well–you two are perfect for each other and so lucky to have found each other πŸ™‚ And so lucky to have an amazing friend like Merri!

11. Jenna says

What a beautiful video and memory of your special day! We had a video made for our wedding, and I still cry every time I watch it. Yours made me tear up too. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the rest of your recaps!

Not kidding when I say this made me cry SO much!!! SO beautiful, and such a great gift! I had just stopped crying before the end, and then the vows began, and the waterworks started again…! So amazing and congrats again! πŸ™‚
    And Sadie was so so so cute in the video!! πŸ˜€

13. steph says

wow, such a sweet video! i love the door part, the vows, the song, your friends/family, the whole thingggg !! wishing many years of happiness & love to you & ryan !

How wonderful! Everyone looked so beautiful, and you can see how much Ryan loves you. I too started to tear up at the end, hearing your vows.

And then there’s the little clip of Sadie – She’s so excited! Loved it πŸ™‚

15. Kristin says

oh my gosh, Julie! what an amazing gift from your friend! between you and ryan holding hands by the door, to him tearing up when he saw you, to all of the fun pictures of your reception, the video had me on the verge of tears or fist pumping the whole time! hahaha i feel like such a nerd considering i don’t reaalllyy even know you but it just speaks to what a wonderful couple you and Ryan are and what a beautiful wedding you had πŸ™‚ congrats again!

16. Marie-Sophie says

So sad that I can’t watch your video in Germany!! Apparently it has some music content that makes it impossible for me … but so glad for you that you got a video!! My boyfriend made videos for his two friends and it was just the best thing to see the couples get all teary and happy !!

17. Ryann says

What a BEAUTIFUL video! I don’t even know you and Ryan (aside from reading your blog, of course) and I’m sitting here crying. Your wedding day was just gorgeous and included so many people who love you! Congrats again!

18. Marie says

Oh my gosh; this made me tear up! πŸ™‚ The WHOLE, ENTIRE video was awesome. So many favorite parts. Every time I thought that was the best part, something else came up! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED seeing how emotional Ryan was throughout the video; he had love written all over his face. I loved seeing Sadie as well. πŸ™‚ Hearing your parents speak as well as your grandmother was so sweet. I really loved the moment you held hands between the door as well. I remember that from a previous post but it was still magical to see. Congratulations to you both! Your wedding displayed all the important aspects of love and marriage and looked so much fun!

19. Leanne says

This tugged at my heart strings so much. What an amazing friend you have to do this for you.

I can only hope that my wedding day is as beautiful as yours was.

Absolutely beautiful! I cried too:) Like the last couple posts I don’t even know you and Ryan, but am a devoted reader and fan of your blog! Thank you for brightening my snowy day here in Ohio:)!

21. Rachel says

What a beautiful wedding and couple! I LOVE the look on Ryan’s face when he first sees you. So precious.
    I was seriously laughing so loud when I saw Sadie running around in her little outfit. Priceless.

Such a thoughful gift πŸ™‚

22. Alison says

This is the sweetest thing, y’all are an adorable couple and Ryan’s expressions were SO sweet. I’m MOH for my best friend’s wedding this spring, and I’m thinking of stealing that idea:) What a great way to remember your special day!

23. colleen says

phew! that made me cry and i don’t even know you personally! what a beautiful day it was!! and YES, the best part was seeing how emotional ryan got. he obviously loves you so so so much! congratulations julie!

24. Christyne says

Oh my goodness, Merri did an amazing job!!! That was the cutest thing ever!!! You looked absolutely beautiful, and it was such a pretty wedding!!! I loved seeing all the girls in the video too!! Merri, if you read this – Good Job, what a good gift.
    <3 in AOT
    Christyne

25. Brynn says

Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest video! I cried a few times, so beautiful. What a thoughtful gift – you will be able to enjoy this for years and years. Congrats to you two!

26. Megan says

Julie –
    I’ve never commented before but I had to say something about this video – you were a STUNNING bride and everyone looked SO happy! I am so impressed by what a balanced person you are – health, fitness, love, family, work, all with a smile on your face … it gives us all something to look up to! I just got married in June of this year and it was also the absolute best day of my life. So glad yours was too!!! Congrats to you and Ryan!

27. Erinn says

Julie, that was sooo amazingly beautiful! I loved watching your husband’s face! You too look so wonderful and happy together. Congratulations!

(I loved the “crazy Sadie” part near the end, haha! My vizsla, Tommy, is the saaaame way)

28. Kaella Carr says

And… now I’m tearing up! What a beautiful gift!

p.s. I love that you did the “door” picture-thing. πŸ™‚

Congratulations again!!

Goodness gracious, I had tears in my eyes throughout the whole video! The love you and Ryan share for each other is evident during every moment captured…I loved the moment you both shared at the door! Such a beautiful video and couple!

Ok, I cried. Beautiful video..

I have three favorite parts…

1. The picture where you and Ryan were seperated by a door–you couldn’t see each other but you were touching fingers. Precious.

2. The parts with your family, and then you and your sister.

3. The vows at the end.. You are both beautiful people.

Congratulations. I’m not sure everyone finds a love like you two clearly have for each other.

This is so beautiful!! I started crying at the part where you hugged your dad…and at the end when the priest was saying what Ryan told him about you πŸ™‚ Merri is a wonderful friend for putting this together for the two of you, it’s so special!!

Aww, so cute!! You should make watching this video, AT LEAST once a year, a tradition to always remind you of your special day and the beginning of your life together as newlyweds. =)

The most wonderful gift are the unexpected ones, it really warms your heart doesn’t it? I love everything in your video, love. family and romance. I can’t wait for my big day, each preview of your wedding day makes me more and more excited for mine in May πŸ™‚

34. Laura @ Meet Virginia says

Aw Julie that is so sweet. What a good friend Merri is to do that for you! Even better that she did it as a surprise!

What a great video! You looked simply gorgeous! I love your dress and your hair.

Sadie in her little bridal gown was adorable! She was so excited to be there πŸ™‚

36. Mimi says

Love the video. How blessed you are to have a friend who was willing (and able) to put it together for you! I wish you so much happiness!

Dude I almost cried!!! The best two parts of that video –

1. you and ryan touching hands on the opposite sides of the door

2. Sadie in a tutu going crazy hahaha

38. Cassie @sunkissedwithlove says

Please tell me that’s Ryan mouthing “I love you so much” after you may now kiss the bride.

Whatever he says, pretty much the most touching thing I’ve ever seen.

39. Brooke says

For the past 6 weeks or so I’ve been reading your blog and feel that I’ve gotten to know you. It looks like everyone has so much love for you and Ryan is so lucky! Everyone looked beautiful….including Sadie! I hope you have many more years of happiness and love!!

40. Emma Lowe says

That is so amazing of your friend to do, I’m sure it is something that you will be both cherish!! Congratulations & I am sure your future has amazing things in store for the two of you:)

41. Melissa says

Oh my goodness, Julie! What an amazing gift! I cried through the whole thing! You & Ryan seem so happy & in love. Thank you so much for sharing such a special part of your life with your blog friends! πŸ™‚ Congrats to you both!

42. Liz says

So at first I felt like I was being a creeper watching a video of someone I don’t know …. even though I read your blog everyday! ; )

BUT it brought tears to my eyes, what great friends you have and an amazing couple you two are. I felt like I was watching a movie on TV.

You are a gorgeous bride and best of luck to you both!!

43. Ashley says

Absolutely beautiful! You guys seem so in LOVE!

Favorite part of the video is Ryan tearing up as the vows are being read : )

Thank you so much for sharing with us!

44. Erin says

I loved it loved it loved it!!!!! Ryan’s face when you were walking down the aisle was beyond adorable. He clearly adores you! Such a beautiful couple. πŸ™‚ Thanks so much for sharing it!

45. Mike and Alison says

Wow – what an awesome video. The love you two have just jumps out through the screen. πŸ™‚

Wish we could have been there – but where was the twirling flower girl? πŸ˜‰

LOVE IT! I was a bit disappointed to not hear too much from you guys. So I watched your “how to curl your hair” video. Your voice is much deeper than I would have expected, given your big smile and bubbly personality! πŸ˜€

Priceless- I teared up at the end. You are soul mates, and exemplify what ‘true love’ really is! I hope to one day have what you and Ryan share!
    XOXO
    Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
    Barbara

What a lovely video! You looked so beautiful and adorable! My favourite parts were you two talking behind the doors (so sweet, omg!), the vows (Ryan’s face and the way he was caressing your hands) and the photo at 5:20. You guys seem so happy! πŸ™‚

49. Laura J. says

What a sweet video! You can really tell you and Ryan are crazy about each other πŸ™‚

P.S. Random side note– has anyone ever told you that you look like Blake Lively? Because you totally do! πŸ™‚

Totally just cried through the whole video! HAHAHA! That was so sweet, and such a wonderful gift. I truely hope to find love like that someday! Ryans face totally got me bawling!

51. Amy says

Julie…watching that video made me cry. Everything was my wedding song (over a year ago…how time flies). That song is just so perfect and special to me and I am so happy that other people are able to share the happiness with that song!! Best wishes! Your friend is so amazing!

I’m so glad I was finally able to watch this. It is such a beautiful video! I’ve been reading through all of the comments & there really isn’t much more to say that hasn’t been said…but I’m going to say it anyways :)- you were the most beautiful bride! definitely teared up watching it- you can just see how in love the two of you were. I was going to comment about that one picture that the two of you took- between the door- and it is such a great idea- I remember the post about it before. I hope that you don’t mind if I use it as well.
    And, Sadie had me cracking up- she seems SO excited to dress up- lol!!
    Best wishes on ALL of your years together!! xoxo

53. Jessica says

So glorious! You have such a beautiful family and such beautiful friends. They all look like such wonderful people. You are truly blessed! You looked gorgeous. Ryan looked handsome. The wedding itself was just stunning. Thank you for sharing this intimate part of your persona life with all of us.

With that said, my favorite part (aside from Ryan’s face when he saw you coming down the aisle..omg…sooo sweet) was Sadie dancing around in her dress…hahaha. So cute!

54. Caroline says

This is great!!! I didn’t get a videographer for my wedding and it’s actually my only regret about the day. When my friends get married I plan on making videos for each of them, because it really is so much more special to relive the day through moving images than just pictures.

55. Allison says

ahhhh!!!! I am speechless. I don’t even know you in real life but this video moved me to tears! Your life is infused with such beautiful and loving people. Again, all I can say is that you are truly blessed! And whoever Mimi belongs to as a grandma (I’m assuming either you or Ryan…) she is a doll!

P.S. Your reception hall looked absolutely incredible. I am going to have to report back to your blog for tips when it comes time for me to plan my own wedding!

56. Mandee Lei says

OK I don’t normally get teary when I watch wedding videos or go to weddings but I have to admit this video did it for me! Your friends and family are so sweet and you had such a beautiful wedding. I could really see the emotion in your husbands face as the vows were being read and I can tell you are a very special and beautiful couple. I wish you all the very best! Thank you for sharing this!

This video is so beautiful!! As was your wedding day, your dress and your family/friends’ testimonies to your relationship with Ryan πŸ™‚ I’m so NOT a wedding-sap, and I got tears in my eyes during the ceremony clip! Ha, probably sounds weird coming from a stranger…but just sayin. πŸ˜‰ Wishing you both the very best!!

58. Elizabeth says

Just found your blog and am already an avid reader! Oh-my-gosh did I really just start crying at work watching this? Ryan’s face during the vows was the most precious thing I have ever seen!

I just found this video for this first time (while searching for your roasted chicken recipe, interestingly enough) … and WOW! I am in tears! How beautiful! I can only hope to have something so wonderful for my own wedding someday πŸ™‚

60. Amanda says

Just stumbled across this for the first time – I LOST it every time the camera was on Ryan’s face! What a beautiful wedding and video! You two are very lucky to have each other!

61. Allison says

Just saw this now, it’s incredibly beautiful – what a wonderful gift from your friend!! Looks like a wonderful day for a great couple. Absolutely made me tear up – and seeing Sadie dressed up and in action was one of my favorite parts.

The wedding link on your post this morning took me to this video and words cannot descibe how much I adored it. Love how happy your friends and family are for the both of you. My favorite parts were how beautiful you looked when you were getting ready pre-wedding and the look of pure adoration Ryan has on his face for you whenever the camera is on him. What a special gift, you guys will be so happy to look back on it on your 10, 20, 50th wedding anniversaries!

63. Kate says

Just ran into this by way of your Christmas Recipe Round-up – starting crying over my breakfast!
    What a beautiful love you two have!

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting
    a new initiative in a community in the same
    niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work
    on. You have done a marvellous job!

Hello, There’s no doubt that your site could be having internet browser compatibility issues. Whenever I take a look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up! Aside from that, excellent site!