Our Wedding Video

Sometimes the grossest looking foods are the tastiest.

Exhibit A:

Nasty Deliciousness

That would be 1/2 of a small avocado mashed with a couple of spoonfuls of salsa. (It’s basically a avocado-heavy version of my favorite salsa avocado dip.)

Looks like bunk, tastes delicious!

I ate the odd concoction atop a Thomas’ everything bagel thin, alongside itty-bitty tomatoes and an apple.

The Whole Enchilada

Now I have something awfully special to share with you…

Our Wedding Video

Last week I mentioned that my friend Merri secretly made a wedding video as a wonderful gift to me and Ryan. Throughout our wedding day, she sneaked around, unbeknownst to us, filming us getting ready, and recording our ceremony and the beginning of our reception.

She worked with a friend of hers to compile all of the footage and set it to music.

I love this video so much and Ryan and I are so, so grateful to Merri for capturing the best day of our lives on video for us to cherish forever.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

(Click here to watch this video on YouTube if you cannot see the video above.)

Comments

LOVE IT! I was a bit disappointed to not hear too much from you guys. So I watched your “how to curl your hair” video. Your voice is much deeper than I would have expected, given your big smile and bubbly personality! :D

Priceless- I teared up at the end. You are soul mates, and exemplify what ‘true love’ really is! I hope to one day have what you and Ryan share!
    XOXO
    Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
    Barbara

What a lovely video! You looked so beautiful and adorable! My favourite parts were you two talking behind the doors (so sweet, omg!), the vows (Ryan’s face and the way he was caressing your hands) and the photo at 5:20. You guys seem so happy! :)

4. Laura J. says

What a sweet video! You can really tell you and Ryan are crazy about each other :)

P.S. Random side note– has anyone ever told you that you look like Blake Lively? Because you totally do! :)

Totally just cried through the whole video! HAHAHA! That was so sweet, and such a wonderful gift. I truely hope to find love like that someday! Ryans face totally got me bawling!

6. Amy says

Julie…watching that video made me cry. Everything was my wedding song (over a year ago…how time flies). That song is just so perfect and special to me and I am so happy that other people are able to share the happiness with that song!! Best wishes! Your friend is so amazing!

I’m so glad I was finally able to watch this. It is such a beautiful video! I’ve been reading through all of the comments & there really isn’t much more to say that hasn’t been said…but I’m going to say it anyways :)- you were the most beautiful bride! definitely teared up watching it- you can just see how in love the two of you were. I was going to comment about that one picture that the two of you took- between the door- and it is such a great idea- I remember the post about it before. I hope that you don’t mind if I use it as well.
    And, Sadie had me cracking up- she seems SO excited to dress up- lol!!
    Best wishes on ALL of your years together!! xoxo

8. Jessica says

So glorious! You have such a beautiful family and such beautiful friends. They all look like such wonderful people. You are truly blessed! You looked gorgeous. Ryan looked handsome. The wedding itself was just stunning. Thank you for sharing this intimate part of your persona life with all of us.

With that said, my favorite part (aside from Ryan’s face when he saw you coming down the aisle..omg…sooo sweet) was Sadie dancing around in her dress…hahaha. So cute!

9. Caroline says

This is great!!! I didn’t get a videographer for my wedding and it’s actually my only regret about the day. When my friends get married I plan on making videos for each of them, because it really is so much more special to relive the day through moving images than just pictures.

10. Allison says

ahhhh!!!! I am speechless. I don’t even know you in real life but this video moved me to tears! Your life is infused with such beautiful and loving people. Again, all I can say is that you are truly blessed! And whoever Mimi belongs to as a grandma (I’m assuming either you or Ryan…) she is a doll!

P.S. Your reception hall looked absolutely incredible. I am going to have to report back to your blog for tips when it comes time for me to plan my own wedding!

11. Mandee Lei says

OK I don’t normally get teary when I watch wedding videos or go to weddings but I have to admit this video did it for me! Your friends and family are so sweet and you had such a beautiful wedding. I could really see the emotion in your husbands face as the vows were being read and I can tell you are a very special and beautiful couple. I wish you all the very best! Thank you for sharing this!

This video is so beautiful!! As was your wedding day, your dress and your family/friends’ testimonies to your relationship with Ryan :) I’m so NOT a wedding-sap, and I got tears in my eyes during the ceremony clip! Ha, probably sounds weird coming from a stranger…but just sayin. ;) Wishing you both the very best!!

13. Elizabeth says

Just found your blog and am already an avid reader! Oh-my-gosh did I really just start crying at work watching this? Ryan’s face during the vows was the most precious thing I have ever seen!

I just found this video for this first time (while searching for your roasted chicken recipe, interestingly enough) … and WOW! I am in tears! How beautiful! I can only hope to have something so wonderful for my own wedding someday :)

15. Amanda says

Just stumbled across this for the first time – I LOST it every time the camera was on Ryan’s face! What a beautiful wedding and video! You two are very lucky to have each other!

16. Allison says

Just saw this now, it’s incredibly beautiful – what a wonderful gift from your friend!! Looks like a wonderful day for a great couple. Absolutely made me tear up – and seeing Sadie dressed up and in action was one of my favorite parts.

The wedding link on your post this morning took me to this video and words cannot descibe how much I adored it. Love how happy your friends and family are for the both of you. My favorite parts were how beautiful you looked when you were getting ready pre-wedding and the look of pure adoration Ryan has on his face for you whenever the camera is on him. What a special gift, you guys will be so happy to look back on it on your 10, 20, 50th wedding anniversaries!

18. Kate says

Just ran into this by way of your Christmas Recipe Round-up – starting crying over my breakfast!
    What a beautiful love you two have!

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting
    a new initiative in a community in the same
    niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work
    on. You have done a marvellous job!

Hello, There’s no doubt that your site could be having internet browser compatibility issues. Whenever I take a look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up! Aside from that, excellent site!