PBF in 2010

As I’m sure you’ve already ascertained, I’m a nut lovin’ girl. (Go ahead and giggle you filthy-minded readers! :D )

I obviously love peanuts and peanut butter, but my all-time favorite nut is pecans (candied preferably).

Well, lately I’ve been falling hard for another nut.

Hello, Pistachio

Pistachios!

I love this green little nut. For someone who has a very hard time exercising portion control around nuts, the pistachio shells help me to slow down a bit and feel like I’m eating more. The little extra effort its worth it sometimes.

My breakfast today included a mini bowl of pistachios for some healthy fat along with a toasted whole wheat bagel thin.

Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut

I topped the bagel thin with a smear of cream cheese and spread homemade cranberry sauce on one half.

Berry Good

It’s pretty and deliciois!

This breakfast tasted great after a quality workout at the gym. Today I took a BodyPump class that completely rocked my arms. I loved it. My arms still feel fatigued a couple hours later.

I also learned that my gym will no longer be offering BodyPump on Friday mornings. It is still a very popular class, but the instructor who typically taught on Friday mornings is injured and can no longer teach. Bummer! I guess I have no choice to stick with my plan of changing up my routine!

And now for some 2010 fun!

PBF in 2010

I know people say it at the conclusion of every year, but I cannot believe this year is almost over! I remember thinking that our wedding was a billion days away on January 1, 2010. Before I knew it, I was walking down the aisle. Now our wedding is over, Christmas has come and gone, and it’s time to welcome in 2011.

As 2010 comes to a close, I figured I would go back through Peanut Butter Fingers and drum up some of my favorite posts and some of your favorite posts. Let’s walk down memory lane!

MY Favorite Posts of 2010:

1. Ryan’s First Guest Post
  2. Weird Things I Do While Running
  3. Epic Battle: Cheeseburger vs. Ice Cream
  4. Swamp Beast
  5. How to Freak Out Your Wife
  6. Looking Back: My 24th Year
  7. Things to Remember on My Wedding Day
  8. Every Wedding Recap Post
  9. Greek Yogurt Pancakes
  10. A Day on the Water

YOUR Favorite Posts of 2010 (as determined by page views):

1. Two Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cookies
  2. Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
  3. So Here’s the Deal (Maybe I should write more four-sentence posts!?)
  4. Santa Wears Shades
  5. Le Coq Au Vin for a Birthday Dinner Date
  6. How to Curl Your Hair with a Straightener: Video (My video debut!)
  7. Wedding Dress Fitting
  8. Healthy Eating in College
  9. My Wedding Band
  10. Our Wedding Video

Question of the Morning

What is the one thing you will always remember about 2010?

Comments

I love this! I’m so glad I found your blog :D I love ALL of those posts as well, especially the wedding recaps and such! Your flourless peanut butter cookie recipe is a hit for sure too ;)

Enjoy your day!

I actually found your blog this year and I’m so glad that I did. I really enjoy reading about your cooking adventures and your new married life. :)

One thing I will always remember from 2010, is that it is the end of the first year that I have been living with my boyfriend. It’s been such an incredible experience living with someone who I love and want to spend forever with. :)

3. Kelly says

Ha…2010 was a HORRIBLE year for me…I remember most the fact that I chopped my pinky finger off. Here’s to 2011 and good riddance to 2010!

4. Kaella says

I LOVED the curl your hair video, Ryan’s guest post and ALL the wedding re-caps. I will remember 2010 (December 27th specifically) as the year I got engaged!!! Yay! And yesterday… Because I have dreamed about it since I was a little girl..picking out my wedding dress with my mom :)

haha I can say that I checked posts 1 and 2 out more than once for the recipes and number 3 makes sense because we all wanted to know what was up with the wedding!

my favorite 2010 memory will be getting my first house with my boyfriend.

Happy New Year, Julie!!

Pistachios are divine! I love them. I particularly love the unshelled kind cause I think it’s fun prying the little guys open :)

Did you know pistachios are the lowest in fat nut?

‘How to Freak Out Your Wife’ is one of my all time favorite posts! Just being reminded of that story caused me to burst out laughing!!!

My favorite thing in 2010 has definitely been discovering my new hobby/interest in healthy living and blogging. I’ve never been into something so much before!

8. Alison says

Not related to the question you asked, but i was wondering if you ever thought of getting certified to teach a class? With as much working out as you do, you seem like you would be really good at it!

• says

yes! i’ve actually thought about it MANY times. unfortunately i just don’t have time at the moment between working full time & maintaining this blog. i would love to do it though! i am really interested in teaching bodypump or spinning. i think it would be a blast!

My family and I took a trip to Las Vegas and that was really the highlight of the year. It was such a nice trip because with my brother and I off at college (him at grad school, actually) we don’t get to spend too much time as a family.

Love the wedding recap posts!

I don’t know what 2010 will be remembered for… I think just for being a good year overall. Nothing major, good or bad, happened, and that’s okay with me!

Happy 2011!!

11. Leanne says

2010 has been a good but tough year for me.

I really feel like 2011 has the potential to be a fantastic year… I’ll be getting married in August, I plan to run at least 2 races, and my plan is to become the most confident awesome version of myself I can be :) I want to go into my marriage feeling great about myself!

Most exciting day in 2010? Hmmm…that’s a toughie!! But I think that my brother’s wedding was pretty high on the list!!

You were in my dream last night. I got married in my parents’ foyer and you were one of the guests sitting on the stairs. Kind of creepy/random, but I guess it was probably all the wedding talk I’ve read on here in the past year!!

13. annette says

I’ll never forget this year and I’m torn as to whether it was good or bad, on Jan. 1st we had a chimney fire ( no major damage) and we are still in the remodeling fase because my hubby is all go big or go home:) We lost our cat which was my first pet as a grownup living on my own ( my husband brought home the kids and I 2 kittens for Christmas). And I won a refrigerator from All you magazine. I’m ready for 2011!

2010 was great since we took a vacation to Australia and New Zealand. I’m excited to see what 2011 brings for you, Ryan and Sadie. Best wishes and Happy New Years!

I love cashews! ahhh!
    so yummy.
    2010 was really interesting because i transitioned from being a dancer/ sprinter.. To being a distance runner. I surprised my self so much with what i could do! Gotta love it when that happens!

Hope 2010 brings a great first married year! And switching up a routine is always good!

I do believe I single handedly pushed the Pumpkin Spice Cookies blog into the number 1 spot because I kept showing everyone…OH M GEE you have to see these cookies, I made them, they’re delish, you should make them too! Like how I force other people’s recipes onto OTHER PEOPLE? I do haha go team!

17. Alissa says

The “How to Freak Out Your Wife” reminded me of the time my other half tried to attack our mattress while I was sleeping. Since he is 6’4″ and 300 lbs this was absolutely terrifying! He was sleepwalking (sleepattacking?) and had no idea what he was doing. By the way, our mattress lost. Great Post!

I loved Ryan’s guest post! He’s quite witty, and he’s got quite some writing chops!

And unfortunately, I could totally see my boyfriend doing “How to Freak Out Your Wife,” but be consciously aware of exactly what he was doing. :)