Welcome 2011

And just like that, a new year begins.

Woohoo for 2011! I hope your year is off to a great start!

Even though I went to sleep after 2 a.m., for some reason my body was telling me I just had to get out of bed before 8 a.m. (<—That sentence totally reminded me of that R. Kelly song “My mind is telling me no… but my body… my body’s teling me YEEEEEES!”)

My late night bedtime can be attributed to a wonderful party at my friend Merri’s house. Ryan and I are both so much more into house parties than jam-packed clubs downtown, so it was the perfect way to ring in the new year. new year's 011new year's 015Merri’s identical twin sister Liz came in town for the party which was extra special because it transformed into a birthday party at midnight.  new year's 008new year's 036Merri and Liz were born on New Year’s Day! They were actually the “first babies of Sarasota, Florida” the year they were born and were even in the newspaper!

I had such a great time at the party! It was really fun to hang out with our good friends and enjoy some of our friend Pete’s amazing Italian cooking. new year's 005new year's 018Pete even taught Ryan how to make his incredible zeppoles.     new year's 055No lie, these little babies are in my top five all-time favorite foods. Cheese + dough + powdered sugar. You can’t go wrong!

Apparently they’re a hit with Ryan as well because he ate seven… which I found oddly attractive. Hey, I like a guy that can eat. :D

Good food, good friends, good drinks… I’d say it was a great night!

Plus, I got to kiss this guy at midnight. new year's 040new year's 042new year's 026Happy 2011! Hope there aren’t too many hangovers out there!

Comments

I was up at 7 this morning…tiptoed out of my boyfriend’s house as not to wake his parents, and was home by 7:45!! I’m tired, but I wanted to start 2011 off right with my usual routine. The party looks so fun- one of my best friends was born on Jan 1 too!! What an awesome day to have a birthday, right? You never have to go to work, and there’s always a huge party!! Glad you had such a fun night. Happy 2011!!

i love your dress! So pretty. By the way, since I am visiting my parents, I showed my mom your wedding video and how beautiful it all was. She thinks you two are the most adorable couple. She told me, “Aubrey you need to meet a guy like that”. Haha.

3. Pixie says

I’m glad I am not the only one. I went to bed at 3 am but woke up at 8 am ready to start the day. I’m sure I’ll be tired at 3 pm, but like you I want to start this year off right. The party looked fun, I am much like you I would rather be at a house party with a group of close friends than at some club with a bunch of strangers. Have a wonderful day!

4. Nicole (Picky Nicky) says

I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one! I went to bed way past 3 am last night and I hopped out of bed at 8:30 this morning feeling super fresh for some reason. Can you believe I’ve NEVER gotten a hangover?! Ever. Anyway, I’m glad you enjoyed your new years, you looked so lovely by the way!! Happy 2011!!

5. Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter says

Haha I love guys that can eat too! I used to be able to out eat my guy friends when I was running a lot more.

6. megan says

thats hilarious i like guys that can eat too..i thought i was weird for this..but you have confirmed i am not the only one! haha. and you guys are adorable! looks like a fun night. Thats so cool that merri and her twin were born on new years day! I’m a twin too! but we’re fraternal twins..both grls- we just don’t look too much alike! anyway happy new year! only 1-1-11 we’ll have!! :-) :-)

7. Camille @ La Bella Vita says

Happy New Year! I love house parties. They are fun and comfortable as you are surrounded by people you know. I celebrated with girlfriends at a pub downtown.

8. Em says

First, I love your outfit. Next, zeppoles are AMAZING. I love the ones filled with chocolate and/or honey. The first time I had them was at Olive Garden and since then I’ve had some pretty authentic ones at Italian restaurants in DC. But nothing beats the ones from Olive Garden in my opinion lol! Happy New Year!

HAPPY New Year Julie :D
    I love the dancing pictures- you two are so cute!
    Couldn’t agree more with you about house parties over clubbing- so much more fun.
    & Happy Birthday to Merri & Liz- what a cool birthday.