Stick Lover

Today’s morning workout was a good one!

I did a total-body workout that looked like this:

• 20 min. elliptical warm up

Followed by three sets of 15 reps of the following exercises (with the exception of abs, which I have detailed below):

Someone please tell me why planks make me feel like I am dying a slow, slow death.

Walk with a Stick Lover

After the gym, Ryan and I came home to take Sadie on a one-mile walk.

Walking Buddies

During that time, she found three different sticks to use to entice us into playing with her.

"What is better in life than an awesome STICK? Nothing!!!"

Sadie’s affinity for sticks may only be topped by her affinity for McDonald’s cheeseburgers.

"Eeeeee!"

Kriss Kross Sticks will make ya jump, jump!

"Can't Touch This!"

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to own a calm dog. But then who would I terrorize? ;)

Breakfast today was seriously fantastic and oh-so-simple.

Breakfast Bagelwich

I know it doesn’t look like much, but trust me on this one.

The winning combination included:

• 1 toasted cinnamon raisin bagel thin
  • 1/2 sliced apple (I ate the other half)
  • 1 slice Swiss cheese

I placed the cheese on one half of the bagel thin and the apple slices on the other half. After toasting the two halves in the toaster oven, I had warm apple slices and melted cheese.

Hot Cheeeeez

Time for a Taste...

Chomp!

I don’t know why I was so enamored with this breakfast, but I couldn’t get over how good it was! It’s all about the cinnamon raisin bagel, I’m tellin’ ya.

Now = Work time. It’s FRIDAY!

Comments

HAHA that picture of Sadie + the stick just made my morning :D

Your outfit is adorable, I love it! Enjoy your Friday and happy almost weekend! Cinnamon raisin bagels are amazing – blueberry ones too, even with savory pairings ;)

that breakfast looks deeelish!

I haate planks. It probably has something to do with the fact that my college field hockey team had to do them as a team. if one person fell early, we had to start over. can you say fml?

I’m hysterical over the “eeee” picture of sadie. hold on to that pup tight – I may come steal her! ;)

Um, excuse me if I missed this post, but were you featured in Fitness Magazine?! Awesome! I was in a waiting room last night, and I yelled out loud “I know her! That’s Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers!” Everyone looked at me like I was fit for a straight jacket! Congrats on the fame babe!
    xo
    Mindy

Sadie is a stick lover? Well, Happy is a LEAF lover!!!! Oh my goodness walks during the Fall were HILARIOUS as she tried to chase after every. single. leaf. that was blowing around and falling to the ground. She also loved to dive-bomb into leafpiles (my poor neighbors… what a waste of their efforts!) I’m interested to see how this upcoming Fall will go… maybe being a 1.5 year old pup will have made her mature a little bit more? But maybe not…(and I’m hoping for the later, since it was so adorable to watch)

5. Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat says

What brand makes cinnamon raisin bagel thins?!! They sound delicious! I have a weakness for cinnamon :)

You make me want a dog like Sadie more and more every day – yes even though she’s a nut! :) Although I never know how to pronounce it so when I tell people about it, I have to pull up your blog to show them.

The sweet and savory combo may be one of my favorites. I like to make a hot brie dip topped with pie crust and dip apples into it. It’s a hit at parties.

Cinn raisin bagel thins? I need to scope those out ASAP.

BTW, I’ve been doing Ryan’s shoulder exercise for a couple weeks now. I’ve concluded it’s one of those ‘wow, she knows what she’s doing’ moves – everyone stares at me when I do it!

Awe, your dog rocks! I have a border collie/blue heeler and sticks are also his best friend! We go camping all the time in the summer and he finds sticks and gives them to you the ENTIRE trip. I played with him for 6 hours straight one day and we were both exhausted. I have a feeling our dogs would get along great! :)

I am a new reader. Love the blog!

9. Alex@Spoonful of SUgar Free says

Ahhhh! Sady is too cute :) MY doggy loves sticks, too (What dog doesn’t?) He LOVEs playing tug-o-war with them :)

10. Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter says

Your breakfast actually looks SO good!

As soon as I get into a plank, I start shaking. It’s not hard until a bit in, but I always shake!

You look so cute, Julie! Love the outfit (for some reason I always like to dress up nice on Friday hehe).

And I hear ya on the cinnamon raisin bagels: I am completely in love. Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that taste the best :)

I don’t think i’ve ever commented before (Hi!) But I just HAD to after my boyfriend leaned over my google reader & said “Where is that one blog you read, the one with that dog…she’s so cute! I want one like her!” While we were discussing the type of puppy we might get!

p.s. that breakfast looks delish!