Boy oh boy do I have a recipe for you!
I did some experimenting in the kitchen late this morning and the result yielded a delicious batch of chocolatey granola that packs a protein punch.I started by combining honey, water, canola oil, brown sugar and coconut extract. I added cocoa powder and chocolate protein powder to the mix before pouring the chocolatey liquid on top of two cups of oats.
Chocolate Protein Granola
(Makes four half-cup servings)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract (vanilla extract will also work)
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 c. old fashioned oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine honey, water, brown sugar, oil and extract in a small bowl until mixed. Stir in cocoa powder and protein powder until fully combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of oats and stir until oats are coated.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway.
Though this granola tastes delicious on its own, I think it would taste phenomenal sprinkled onto of yogurt or ice cream or even enjoyed with milk like cereal.
But the fun doesn’t stop there! This granola wasn’t the only tasty think I made today.
Since Ryan and I were both feeling a little lazy this morning, we wanted comfort food for breakfast.
On weekend mornings my mom would often make German pancakes for our family to enjoy while chatting away in our pajamas. German pancakes are so simple to make but look elaborate and taste fantastic.
I followed this recipe to make German pancakes for me and Ryan and within 20 minutes we had a hot breakfast to enjoy. Served with syrup…
“Well, um, sometimes they do,” she said.
Yes, sometimes they do.
Ryan and I are planning to spend the rest of the day at home, straightening up the house and finishing Catching Fire. This weekend is going by toooooo fast!