I woke up nice and early this morning do knock out 35 minutes of cardio on the elliptical before heading into a morning yoga class offered at my gym.
Walking into class, I had one of those R. Kelly moments, where “my mind’s tellin’ me no, but my body, mah booooody’s telling me yeeees!” My mind was all over the place and said not to take the class, but my body wanted a good stretch.
I took my place on my mat and tried my best to get into all of the poses. I loved the stretching and knew my body was happy, but my brain would not shut up. I had a million odd thoughts running through my mind, including:
- Oh my gosh, my legs are so hairy!
- I have the tightest hamstrings known to man.
- I wish that lady to my right wasn’t so darn close to me.
- Seriously. She’s practically on my mat.
- Shoulder stands are the besssst! They’re easy but make me feel like I’ve got skillz.
- Holy hamstrings.
- Oh, that lady has lululemon pants. Lulu-leeeeemon.
- Yoga would be 10 times cooler if every other pose didn’t focus on hamstrings.
- I should wear my hair in a bun next time. This ponytail is annoying.
- What should I make for dinner tonight?
- I hope Ryan doesn’t look into this class right now. My butt is contorted in an extremely unattractive way.
- I like this music. It reminds me of Enya.
- Maybe it is Enya?
- I need a tan. Badly.
Suffice it to say I think I failed at the “quieting the mind” aspect of yoga today.
Walk + Breakfast
I came home to a dog that was ready to walk. I let her out in our backyard while I went to grab a scarf and when I returned she did not look amused.
I think my efforts to bundle up took a little too long for her liking.
Once we were both cozy in our respective fleeces (North Face for me Martha Stewart Pets for Sadie), we headed out for a one-mile walk.
It took Sadie a little longer than usual to find a stick that she fancied, but when she did, she and the stick quickly became best friends for life.
They were like the mean girls in school and apparently made some sort of a pack to exclude me from all the fun.
So I took Sadie’s stick and broke it over my knee. You will be MY friend, dog!
Okay, okay, just kidding.
Once the three of us were finished walking, we headed in for breakfast. (Stick friend stayed outside.)
Check out my totally original breakfast!
For the third time this week, I dug into my favorite breakfast bagelwich.
I know I’ve been raving about these cinnamon raisin bagel thins, but I should probably add that I don’t think they’re unbelievably amazing without the gooey, melted cheese. It’s the combination of the cheese with the sweetness of the bagel thin that I adore so much.
Hi ho, hi ho…
Motivational Mantra of the Day
You don’t HAVE to exercise. You GET to exercise. (Kimberly)
Of Possible Interest