My dad went off to work before 7 a.m. and I rolled out of bed around 7:30 a.m. My mom and sister stayed in bed for a good hour after I awoke, leaving me plenty of time to do some “shopping” in my parents’ pantry.
This tends to be a habit of mine whenever I visit my parents and, fortunately, my mom says she loves this little tendency because it helps her clean out her cupboards. But then again, my mom also said finishing tying our wedding menus together at 3 a.m. was “no big deal.”
Check out the goods:
- Honey roasted pecan pieces
- Miso soup
- Natural salt & pepper popcorn
- Yogi Ginger tea
- Instant oatmeal packets (I love using these in cold oatmeal yogurt bowls)
- Canned clams
- Tunnel of Fudge bundt cake mix
- Black beans
- Bean sprouts
- Apple crisps
- Tomato soup
- Walnuts (Can’t wait to use these to make banana walnut French toast!)
- Canned tuna
- Seaweed snacks (I’m oddly intrigued by these)
- Chocolate PB2
Pretty sweet, huh?
Now I’m off to change before heading to my doctor’s appointment. After that it’s off to the gym with my sister. A strength-training class is on the agenda!