Flourless Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I thought I saw Food Network’s best edition of Best Thing I Ever Ate when I saw the show about desserts.

Turns out I was wrong. There’s a Best Thing I Ever Ate all about chocolate dishes.

After church, lunch and some shopping with my sister, Leslie and I flipped on the TV to chill out for a bit. (Well, being a student, she had homework to do, but Sadie and I kept her company on the couch.)

After watching about 10 minutes of the chocolate edition of Best Thing I Ever Ate, I had a severe craving for chocolate.

Cookies sounded like a great option, but we were all out of flour. What’s a girl to do?

After searching around for a recipe for flourless chocolate cookies on the internet, I stumbled upon Kalyn’s recipe for Fudgey Flourless Chocolate Oatmeal Cluster cookies.

Sign me up!

In no time at all, I had an unbelievably delicious batch of moist and perfectly chocolatey cookies.

flourless 003

To be totally honest these cookies tasted a lot like brownies. They were dense, rich and totally satisfied my chocolate craving.

flourless 008

(Note: I followed Kalyn’s recipe, but subbed real sugar in place of the Splenda and used canola oil in place of the olive oil that she used in her recipe.)

flourless 007

The cookies were seriously amazing! I am thinking of making another batch to bring to work tomorrow with pink and red heart sprinkles for a little Valentine’s Day flavor.

Since today has been full of playing, it’s time to hunker down and accomplish some Sunday chores:

• Dishes
  • Laundry
  • Grocery shopping

Gotta get to it!

Comments

What a great way to spend a Sunday!

I’ve been meaning to share this quote with you for awhile, and what better day than one where you are spending time with your sister making cookies! “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” LOVE IT!

Yum! I was watching Iron Chef late last night and it was a battle chocolate episode. I had a whole new world opened up about how you can use chocolate in cooking! Thankfully, I was already in a sugar coma from a giant piece of mousse cake I ate for V-day, so no urge to make anything!

Don’t waste those on your coworkers, keep those babies for yourself! You can just tell them that you thought about making cookies for them…it’s the thought that counts, right? ;)

4. Leslie says

Aw I guess I left at a bad time :( haha. Probably wouldn’t be able to eat them anyways ha! Thanks again for being an amazing host! I always love visiting you and Ryan!

I have just made the cookies, so easy to make and deliciously fudgy, thanks for the idea! Only problem is the batch only made 9 cookies, I’ve already eaten 2, and the others don’t get home from work/school for another 4 hours! Think I might need to nip to the shops for more cocoa to make another batch…it is Valentine’s Day after all!! :)

6. Sara says

Yesterday foodnetwork also aired the “Nutty” episode. First up was Tyler Florence’s favorite peanut butter!! White chocolate pretzel PB from a restuarant called Spread in CA. I thought of you immediately when I saw it! You can order all of their yummy PB but you have to be ready to spend a good bit of cash! Probably worth it though :)