This morning I headed to the gym for a cardio session split between the treadmill and the elliptical. My 30 minutes on the treadmill was spent completing a hilly interval workout.
It wasn’t a killer workout like this totally hardcore workout, but it got me sweatin’ and that’s all I was looking for!
I rounded out my workout with 20 minutes on the elliptical.
After my workout and a quick one-mile walk with Sadie, I was ready for breakfast.
Ryan and I have plans to go out of town Thursday night so I wanted to use up some of the produce in our fridge this morning. What better way to use some wilted spinach than in a green monster smoothie!?
In the mix:
- 1 c. milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 extra large handful spinach
- 8 frozen strawberries
- 2 ice cubes
- 1/2 packet NesCafe Taster’s Choice instant coffee
- 2 pinches xanthan gum (for thickening)
As always, my green monster looked like butthole, but tasted fantastic.
This smoothie reminded me a lot of my favorite mocha green monster smoothie, with the addition of strawberries instead of a frozen banana. It’s worth a try!
Of Possible Interest
My mind is all over the place today, so please enjoy a random assortment of links!
- 8 Healthy and Filling Bean Recipes (FitSugar.com)
- Four Years Gone (ImAnOkie.com) <– A must read for anyone who is in or has been in a relationship where nothing was really wrong, but nothing was really right either.
- PBF Fashion page updated with my Valentine’s Day look (PBFingers.com)
- Weight Training: Free Weights vs. Machine Weights (MayoClinic.com)