Chill Music

It’s official! With temperatures expected to climb to 80 degrees within the next couple of days, summer spring is in the air!

After my workout this morning (BodyPump class + 20 minutes on the elliptical), I took Sadie on 2.5 mile walk and couldn’t help but marvel at all the blossoming trees, bushes and buds.

Spring is Springin'

So pretty!

Almost as pretty as this lil’ girl…

Pretty Girl

She warms my heart.

As if the sprouting foliage wasn’t enough to make me smile, I was really feelin’ the songs that popped up on my iPod during our walk. I typically leave my iPod at home during my walks with Sadie and just enjoy the peacefulness of the morning, but today I opted for some music.

It was nice to listen to some of my more chill songs since I typically skip them when I’m working out in favor of one of my workout playlists or motivational music with an awesome beat.

Favorite songs of the morning included:

After our walk, it was breakfast time!

Today’s yogurt bowl included:

• 1 c. plain 2 % Chobani
  • 1/4 c. cooked wheat berries
  • 1 package Brothers-All-Natural apple crisps

Apple Crisps

Wheat Berries

Now that my belly is full, it’s time to power through another day at the office.

See ya fo’ lunch!

Comments

Completely random, but I love how wheatberries look! Is that weird?! Lol…It’s ok- because I know I’m weird :D
    They kind of remind me of how Honey Smacks look. Yum!

2. Dana says

I am beyond jealous of the weather you’re having in FL!

I thought we were finally saying bye to Winter in the Mid-Atlantic. It was 70° on Friday but then it snowed 6″ on Tuesday, ugh.

Hootie (well Darius…) lives about 5 minutes from me! I like to refer to him as my neighbor! :)

I have to ask, you did a body pump class, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and a 2.5 mile walk all before work? Girl, when do you wake up in the morning!?

its so funny you have just started your day when Im eating my afternoon snack! YAY spring is a comin’!!! except not really in this city… its been raining ALL WEEK. SHOCKER

Love “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For,” it randomly pops into my head all the time. After this mention, it will probably be stuck in my head all day!

I am SOOO jealous of the weather where you are!!

it was -15 degC here this morning and there is still a TON of snow…so depressing! I’ve had enough!

I shall live vicariously through you until we finally get our ‘spring’

7. Emily says

Girl, that’s not spring weather, that’s SUMMER weather!!! I’m going to Tallahassee this weekend…with my luck a cold front will swing on through..

8. Leah says

Jules,
    I love running to that U2 song, but try the •U2 – I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (Rattle & Hum) version. It’s the spiritual version, and it gets me going every time!