Life Lessons from Sadie

Last week I saw one of the most adorable blog posts on Tina’s blog where she posted Life Advice from Murphy which detailed, through pictures, everything her pug has taught her about life.

You guys know I am basically obsessed with Sadie (and all dogs) and as I read her post, my mind instantly started thinking about all the things I’ve learned from Sadie.

So, without further ado, here are life lessons from Sadie…

***

The best things in life are free.

Sharing is caring.

sadie dog park 016

Fight for the things you believe in.

DSC_0501

Not every day is a good day… but that’s okay.

Don’t be afraid to say you’re sorry.

Get all gussied up every once in a while.

Keep your nose in your own business.

Always make time for family.

Laugh every day.

Eat the foods you love without guilt.

n5106195_39720844_5632

Stay active.

Don’t be afraid to leap into the unknown.

Sometimes a hug makes everything better.

Haters are gonna hate. Shake it off.

dog park 040

Calories from taste testing don’t count.

thanksgiving 009

Sadie is so wise. Winking smile

Have you learned anything from a pet?

Comments

that first pic of your dog with the stick is AMAZING!! Sadie is so cute!!
    Ive learned from my poochie, Casper, is to love everyone and everything. casper is the kindest, most loveable dog I have ever met!

Puppy pics are always the cutest.
    Well what can I say about my baby girl Jiggy? She was a cute and fiesty little pup, so smart, we never even had to teach her not to pipi inside, how to fetch, her designated corner, she just knew and she is so so noble. But the most important is that she’s a fighter.
    We battled her mange for the first 2 years of her life, something that I could relate to since I had celiac induced dermatitis herpetiform when I got her. The whole first year was heartbreaking since she was suffering, not getting better and we were faced with the very possible chance that we might have to put her down if her condition didn’t better. And amazingly even through the worst of it she was this amazing feisty curious and talented little pup, she never lost her sparkle.
    But after a long struggle I changed to a gluten free diet, we found my Jiggy-poo medicine that finally worked and we both started to get better.
    With mange and with celiac there is always a chance that you will never be 100 percent and whenever I get sick she instinctually stays by my side every single day I am sick to “take care” of me.
    Jiggy reminds me everyday not to ever give up and not to let my circumstances or health woes tarnish the sparkle that makes me me and also not to compare my limits with other dogs (or people!) who have better health, because I can still do amazing things within my physical limits, just like she can.

3. Silvara says

Awww…LOVE vizsla’s – they are so adorable and I keep seeing them everywhere now!!

I have two doggies – one German Shorthaired Pointer overgrown puppy who is actually a lot like Sadie :D

My dogs have taught me “Always have time out for some fun” :)

Love this post, it is so true! My dog has totally taught me to put things in perspective and not get so stressed out about life’s stupid complications! Dogs are the best, I can’t imagine life without them.

awww Sadie is tooooo cute!!! what breed is she? :) And I don’t have pets, but my fiance does! He has two adorable cats and they teach us a lot of things! mostly for him since he lives with them…It’s so ironic how much we learn from the cats about God’s love! It’s like, they can be soooooooooo difficult and whiny to my fiance, and through this he sees how much more we as humans do this before God, yet He’s sooo patient and loving that He’s willing to deal with us and correct us at times. :D

Awwww I absolutely loved this post!!!
    The only advice that my cat could give would be to eat whenever possible and sleep the rest of the time. :P

7. mel says

Aww I have a choc lab puppy and when we got her she was so tiny and sick!! shes taught me to love even when you feel awful, theres always time for exercise, treats any time of day are perfect, and cuddling makes everything better! My boxer was a stray but continues to give more love than imaginable even though he has had such a tragic life!He’s so happy now and has taught me I can overcome anything and to never hold grudges. Dogs are SO great!!

I adore this! Loooved Lisa’s original.

I think Chloe’s too much of a baby still to teach me too much (she’s still learning!), but she definitely HAS taught me that sometimes, you just need to be selfish. :) I’m trying to not let her rub off on me too much. ;)

9. Sarah says

Sadie is the cutest and happiest looking dog. Your blog has definitely convinced me that a vizla is the kind of dog I want to get.

hahahha OMG my favorite is “not every day is a good day” hilarious picture! And the active one of her running, she is SO MUSCULAR!
    All the pictures are intensely adorable i love her!

11. Swati says

Hi Julie!
    Happened to pass by your blog…. Sadie seems an integral part of your life..
    I don’t if you are really a very lucky girl or not but I can pretty much see in your cheerful smiles all through the blog how you enjoy moment of your life…