Easy Tacos

After work today I arrived home to an energetic pup! Sadie always greets me enthusiastically and immediately fetches me a toy that she carries around with her for a good five minutes after we arrive home, and today was no different.

Since Ryan had to stay at work a little later than usual, Sadie and I wasted time by playing fetch in the backyard until he arrived home and we could go for our evening walk.

Sadie has yet to master the art of “drop it.” She will drop the ball when you tell her to, but it’s always a good five feet from where you want it.

She’s a peach! Winking smile

Once Ryan arrived home, the three of us when on a walk around the lake near our apartment. We discussed this upcoming weekend and decided that this week must pass quickly. Our friends Dru and Carrie are getting married on Saturday and we can’t wait to celebrate with them!

Dinner

Eventually we made it home and were ready for dinner. We were both feeling quite lazy and didn’t feel like putting a ton of effort into our evening meal.

Fish tacos fit the bill perfectly! They’re tasty but not too in depth.

To prepare the fish, I sprayed a baking sheet lined with foil with cooking spray before placing the fish (I used trout) on top, spraying it with cooking spray and rubbing it with reduced sodium taco seasoning.

Once it was all dressed up, I baked it a 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until the fish flaked with a fork.

After dividing the fish among several tortillas and topping it with lettuce and shredded cheese, our tacos were ready!

This whole meal came together in less than 20 minutes and totally satisfied both of us.

Off to hang with my little family. Enjoy your night, friends!

Comments

1. Carly Stewart says

Hey Julie! I bought a Vita-Mix after visiting a local health shop where they offered a smoothie called the Honey Bee — basically, it’s frozen bananas, almond milk, golden flax, and honey. I’ve made many concoctions in my Vita-Mix, but that one is definitely my favorite. :)

I had my first fish tacos last week and they were good! They were made with tilapia and it was just light enough that I was able to enjoy it.

What a cute pup :-)

I had fish tacos for dinner too! I used this recipe last week and we fell in love. It was so simple and quick and SO delicious. My husband and I both managed to be busy until 9pm, so it fit the bill perfectly to quickly get dinner in our bellies! :D

Sadie’s spunky personality really shines through in the pics! Why didnnt I think of putting taco seasoning on fish tacos? Duh! I always have to try and make things more complicated than they need to be. Thanks for sharing! They look tasty!

5. Annie says

that last picture of sadie is hilarious. she looks so goofy, and it makes her paws look too big for her body/legs, but it’s just perfect! mila hasn’t mastered “fetch”…although she does enjoy playing the game solo. she’ll run to the top of the steps, drop her kong and watch it bounce crazily to the bottom, then fly down the steps after it, grab it, go back to the top, and do it all over again. a-mazing.

6. Liza says

Hey Julie… I’m cracking up at your first paragraph about Sadie because that is EXACTLY what my yellow lab Sydney does when I get home….. finds a toy (usually her stuffed otter or monkey) and enthusiastically trots around with it for a good 5 minutes while I pretend to be really excited for her and repeatedly ask her, “Whatcha got? You got da monkey?!” like a complete idiot. ;)

I wish we lived in Orlando so Sadie and Sydney could meet at the Baldwin Park dog park… they would get along so well.. haha!

I love eating fish out but i am always so scared to cook it at home myself. I dont know why. This recipe makes me feel confident to do it myself. I will be trying this soon.

8. Suz says

Hi Julie! I found your blog this weekend and I love it! I am enjoying a mocha Green Monster for breakfast this morning thanks to your recipe! Keep up the great work!

What an awesome, easy to make dinner! I am definitely going to have to add this to my weeknight meal line up.

By the way, my puggle Maximus does the same exact thing when we come home, running in circles around the apartment with his favorite chewy in his mouth!