30 Minute Treadmill Workout

Whoa baby. What a workout this morning! Phew.

Yesterday evening, as I was perusing blogs, I came across an interval workout on Holly’s blog that really intrigued me. I printed off her workout and tucked it into my mini gym bag and awoke this morning feeling inspired to give it a go.

2011-03-24_06-25-01_760

I hopped on a treadmill next to Ryan (seriously loving his new initiative to do more cardio) and started my workout with some incline walking before hunkering down and blasting through Holly’s workout.

Though Ryan and I usually talk when we do our side-by-side cardio (he does 20 minutes and then heads to the weight room), today I was all business.

In the end I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill that looked like this:

20:30 – 21:30 1.0 6.0
21:30 – 22 1.0 9.9
22 – 23 1.0 6.0
23 – 23:30 1.0 10.0
23:30 – 25 1.0 6.0
25 – 30 8.0 4.0

I was a hot mess by the time this workout was over. It ranks right up there with the incline workout of death in terms of difficulty.

Thankfully, I swiped on some Degree motion sense deodorant that the company sent to me to try out before heading to the gym. (I’m not sure what they’re trying to tell me about my hygiene…)

The deodorant kept my little pits smelling so fresh and so clean the whole time. (Ain’t nobody dope as me, I’m just so fresh, so clean! Gotta love throwback Outkast.) Honestly, I really liked the smell of this stuff. It was feminine and light without being too floral or nauseating.

Since I wanted to walk home from the gym with Ryan, I rounded out my workout by peddling lightly on the elliptical for another 20 minutes while I waited for him to finish his workout.

Once I arrived home, I took Sadie on a quick 20 minute walk before making a beeline for the kitchen to down a big bowl of overnight oats that awaited me in the fridge.

This batch of overnight oats included:

• 1/4 c. old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate peanut butter cup protein powder (I use All the Whey)
  • 1/2 c. almond milk
  • Chia seeds (probably close to 2 tbsp.)
  • 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces

This was a winning combination fo’ sho’! I was happy to sneak some extra protein into this morning’s bowl and loved the flavor and creaminess that the banana added to the mix. The banana was key in this bowl!

I ate my breakfast as I blogged this little post!

Eating + blogging… I catch myself doing this an awful lot. Smile

Time to grab my lunch and head out the door. Today is like my Friday, as I am taking tomorrow off from work to head to Ft. Myers for our friends’ wedding! I’m not sure what my time constraints will be over the weekend, but if any of you guys live in the Ft. Myers area and are interested in a blogger meet up, please shoot me an email at pbfingers@gmail.com and we’ll see if we can set something up.

Enjoy your Thursday!

Comments

1. Jenna says

hey julie, out of curiosity has ryan seen any difference in his body since beginning cardio? i tell my boyfriend he should do some, even if it’s just 15-20 minutes. it sucks because for us gals we need at least double that!!

• says

i’ll have to ask him whether he thinks anything has changed w/ his appearance, but i know he said he definitely felt like he had more stamina in his soccer game last weekend. i think he was also a little freaked b/c he has his blood pressure taken and he was teetering on being borderline hypertensive. i think this helped him realize he needs to workout his heart as well as his muscles!

2. Chelsey says

WOOO! Good job, Julie!! I’m all about the 10′s during my sprints…I’ve been known to try 10.5 when I’m feeling especially crazy. I figure since it’s so much work, I have to brag about it a little ;-)

Nice workout! I love HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) – morning cardio routines such as the one you just posted are the best way to drop lbs, or just improve your mile. I miss running…

4. mel says

Hey Julie,
    Just wondering why you eat protein power alot? I know you eat greek yogurt and meat usually everyday and pb…do you not think you get enough from food? thanks girl!

Heres my question and one that i struggle with on a weekly basis when i go to do my HIIT workout on the treadmill (similiar to what ur workout shows) and that is when moving between speeds…

do you hop off to the side while powering up or down?

This past week i actually used 2 treadmills and just hopped from one to the other :O)

6. Amelia says

That’s one crazy interval workout! I’m all for interval training but let’s keep it at a I’m-not-going-to-kill-myself-trying level. ;)

Come up to DC! Blogger and blog-reader meet-up would be fun. Plus, the cherry blossoms are just about to burst open.

How do you get your protein powder? Do you order online or buy it at a store?

I just knocked out this treadmill workout! AMAZING!! I wasn’t sure I would be able to get through it, but it actually whizzed by. Sweat was dripping everywhere, and I think the man running next to me was experiencing an inferiority complex. haha!

I hope you feel better…just read your tweets! :-(

That seems like a balls to the wall workout!! GOOD for you… i don’t think i could ever go that fast! I’m totally not built for it… i have zero idea how to sprint! HA! EEEE have sooo much fun down in Ft. Myers for the wedding. My mom lives down there… sooo beautiful! I think i wanna get married down there someday. Sanibel would be beautiful…

9. Natalie from Nat Attacks a Balanced Life says

Cant wait to try this workout the next time I got to the gym, I have been known to use your HIIT in the past and i LOVE them.
    Chia seeds make an amazing addition to overnight oats they add a gooey crunch :) also vanilla extract makes a great addition to overnight oats.
    Next time you run out of a jar of peanutbutter make your overnight oats in the end of the jar so you can scrape out little bites of peanut butter. Add some vanilla and cinnamon for a Overnight Cinnachia, Peanutbutter, Vanilla and Banana Oats. YUM! drooling over that combo…

10. Rachel says

That interval workout looks great! I am going to have to try that tomorrow! But with a few speed adjustments…… I am only 5’1” and am scared my short legs will get all tripped up and throw me off :)

11. Megs says

WOW! How did you get the treadmill up that high and not fall off without holding on? Please tell me the secret!!

Hope you are feeling better

12. Leora says

Reading this post inspired me – I tried doing this workout tonight but could only make it 20 minutes in! I had to slow it down and I did a longer, modified version. New goal – finish this workout!

13. elena says

how many grams of protein do you get a day?i am not sure i am getting enough.

also, i have found that the carba noodles are extremely expensive.is the al dente website the cheapest place you could find them? thank you.

I am busy. That’s what I told my doctor when he told me that I should get some workout in order to stay strong. I get tired easily back then but I can’t do anything since I can’t find the time for me to workout. Then my friend introduce me to his newfound routine, 7 minute workout. Have you tried before? I am so glad to learn about it because I can now spend a little time to keep myself fit. Thanks for sharing your stories on the site as well. I am looking forward to read more about keeping fit.

15. Buttocks Exercise says

You’re truly a excellent webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a wonderful activity on this matter!

Weight training is an important aspect of personal fitness, and every
    home gym should be outfitted with at least some
    form of weight training equipment. You can use Smith machine for any exercise with a vertical
    lift like bench presses, overhead lifts and squats. Thus, it serves no other purpose than to improve your stamina and
    fitness.