Push Ups Overload

Push ups dominated this morning’s boot camp class.

Since push ups own me, I was huffin’ and puffin’ and really challenged… in a good way!

Today’s class took participants through five stations that included two different exercises each. We did the first exercise for 30 seconds before resting for 10 seconds and completing the second exercise. We ran through the stations a few times and each time the push up-style movements felt more and more difficult. I think my arms may be a bit sore tomorrow! (Especially after all the dancin’ I plan to do tonight! WOO! Party time! πŸ˜€ )

Walk + Bargaining

After the gym, Ryan and I headed home and took Sadie on a walk around the lake near our apartment.

Me and My Gurrrl

Some baby bird hunting occurred…

Cygnets!

During our walk, Ryan and I talked about our plans for this weekend and I think I may have secured a hot date for Saturday night with my husband.

You see, I tried my hand at some bargaining… I told Ryan that I would take him on a hot date on Saturday night if he cleans the shower today. Cleaning anything in the bathroom makes me gag and I consider this an awesome trade. He accepted my stipulations and I am happily brainstorming dinner ideas at new-to-us restaurants in the Orlando area.

After walking with Sadie for around 40 minutes, we made it home and I hopped in the shower before heading into the kitchen to kiss my Vitamix and make a smoothie.

Overflowing Smoothie Bowl

As I was blending away, I told Ryan that even if we wouldn’t have been able to get the Vitamix for such a great deal, I honestly believe it’s worth the ri-donk-ulous price tag because it really is that awesome. Vitamix really should cut me a check for all my of praises. Please and thank you! πŸ˜€

Eat Me!

Such a smooth and creamy and thick bowl this morning! Topped off with a lil’ Love Grown Foods cocoa goodness granola (another serving or two was consumed during the blending process πŸ˜‰ ).

Caught in the Act

I think I may do a smoothie challenge where all I eat for an entire day is smoothies. I’m beginning to think we’re soul mates.

In Other News…

I am honored to be featured as a blogger in Fitness Magazine’s “Fit Blogger We Love” series!

Fitness Magazine Fit Blogger Feature

You may check out my interview here! πŸ™‚

Of Possible Interest

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Comments

Congrats on the Fitness Magazine Feature! Your smoothie bowl sounds great! I’ve heard a bit about Love Grown Foods granola but I don’t think we can get it here in Canada. I’ll have to keep an eye out for it next time I’m in the US. And I think the compromise you made with Ryan and the shower cleaning is excellent! πŸ™‚

Yummmm to overflows! Just more goodness to consume. Definitely would have been licking the sides of the bowl! πŸ™‚

I love push-ups. They definitely give me quite the workout. But the make me feel soo strong after I’ve completed a number of sets!

Happy Friday! πŸ™‚

I like smoothies but the thought of having one for breakfast instead of oats never appeals to me. You are slowly swaying me to the ‘dark side’. I bet adding chia seeds would thicken up that baby even more!

ahhh congrats on being featured!! you are so popular!!!

LOVE your smoothies!! YES doa whole day! although not too sure only drinking would be very fun… i like to chomp!

woah great boot camp!

5. Cassie @ Tofu Meets Her Match says

Your interview was great! Congrats!!
    And well bargained for the clean shower… seems you won on both ends of that one πŸ˜‰

6. Alexa says

You could try Hot Olives! There’s one in WP and I heard another just opened downtown. I’ve only heard good things about the food, and they were just on Groupon.

Yay! Julie, congrats on being honored by Fitness Magazine. That is so exciting! GENIUS work with the hubby. Maybe I should bargain the dishes….. πŸ˜‰ Happy Weekend!!!

• says

i tried bargaining dinner first… but he’s like “you usually make that anyway.” when i said “okay, fine then, maybe i won’t” he knew i didn’t mean it b/c i look forward to it every day and if i left it up to him, we’d eat chicken, chicken and chicken. empty threats = no dice. bribes work. πŸ™‚

8. Holly @ The Runny Egg says

Congrats on being featured!

I know the vitamix is worth its weight in gold and I hope to have one someday!

Congrats on the mention!! I was super excited when I saw it last night. It’s always so neat to see bloggers I “know” in national magazines and their websites!

I think I need to forward this to my parents to explain why we need a Vitamix to replace their blender. And then I’ll steal it from them and hope they don’t realize I replaced it with my own 20 dollar one from Target.

Congrats on the mention! That is awesome!! πŸ™‚

That smoothie looks incredible! I am so jealous of your Vitamix! I think when my fiance and I register, we are definitely going to have to put a Vitamix on there! πŸ™‚

11. Annie says

Have you guys been to Bikkuri sushi yet? It’s on 50 and Hampton. They have a walk-in to-go order type entrance, and then the “lounge” right next door is on the 2nd floor of the building. It’s delicious and I absolutely love everything about that place (minus the service—they’re always REALLY nice and courteous, but they’re kind of slow…). Definitely worth trying out if you’re interested.

I love the Volcano Roll!

• Annie says

Oh you definitely have to go back…they just recently (like within the last two years I want to say) added the “Bikkuri Lounge” which is more of a sit-down restaurant style layout. They also added a nightclub (…??) across the hall from the lounge. I haven’t been there yet, hahaha.

12. Didi says

Congrats on the Fitness Mag feature! That’s awesome!
    Also, You are not alone in the Disney obsession and musicals! It’s all happy music that I can’t get enough of. On another note, I absolutely love your blog. I’m living in Tampa and I love that I can relate to your posts about St. Pete and Orlando. We have so much in common, besides the fitness part, although I’m definitely trying. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the motivation to trying new things. Have a great weekend!

That is so funny about the shower. I HATE cleaning the shower. I put it off and off until it’s really bad and toothbrushes have to be used to clean the grout. This past weekend, I had cleaned most of the apartment and was whining about having to clean the shower. So the husband pitched in and did the toothbrush work on the walls while I did the tub. Somehow, cleaning the shower became bearable. πŸ™‚

Congrats on the fitness magazine feature! Love that pic of you on your walk – you’re making me miss living in the city (well the city by me, Atlanta – you know what I mean)! Glad the boot camp class rocked!

15. cristina says

I am OBSESSED with my vitamix. I use it every single day, no joke! I chop veggies in it, made tons of baby food in it, I even make soup in it – it heats it up and everything! Have you explored the recipe book that came with it? There are some great healthy recipes in there.

I loved your interview! My old college roommate used to power walk to the Disney Tarzan soundtrack. My other roommates and I thought it was hysterical when we’d be in the gym and hear someone on the treadmill singing, “You be in my heart…” as loud as can be!

17. Brittany says

Congrats on the feature, Julie! Great interview. Also, very clever bribing tactics. Cleaning the shower = nasty. I bribe my hubby on occasion; usually his end of the bargain involves us spending a weekend night watching 80’s cover bands at a hole-in-the-wall bar…which I actually enjoy, but I pretend I’m sacrificing. πŸ˜‰

Sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up…enjoy! πŸ™‚

Congratulations on your fitness interview! That must be such an accomplished feeling to be approached to do something like that.

I want a vitamix so bad, everytime you make those smoothie bowls I try to mimic it in my magic bullet but it just ain’t the same!

I gag at bathroom cleaning too, you have a nice husband willing to do the nasty chores πŸ™‚

19. Abby says

Anything related to bathroom cleaning makes me sick as well! lol. My bf just knows that is “his chore”. He’s so spoiled otherwise but I should totally take him on a date night just to show my appreciation! πŸ™‚

20. Amber K says

I have been explaining my need of a vita-mix to my husband for months, he says if we save up the money he’ll will *sigh* give in. lol

I can’t wait!!

Love the bribe! Hey if it works then its great!!

lol, sadie cant eat their heads off yet! Love it! They are so cute!!!!

I agree, the vitamix is the best thing ever! I would be lost without it and smoothies would never be the same!!!

Hi! I stumbled here from Kristen’s blog.
    This–> “But Ryan and I told Sadie to wait until they’re a little older to eat their faces off.” Hilarious! (Or devastating),

Negotiations with our husbands is what makes the world go round! πŸ™‚ I envy your shower-cleaning negotiation skills!

Congrats on the Fitness Mag Profile – I stumbled across your blog a few weeks ago, and I love it. Especially the fashion (sic envy) page. Great job!

24. Jillian says

I completely 100% agree that the Vitamix is perhaps the coolest thing, most perfect blender/kitchen tool/all-in-one EVER!!!! I am totally in love.

Pushups suck so good. They are probably the hardest exercise for me to do but every time I add a rep to a set I feel like the strongest person alive. Plus they give me the best sore feeling every time.

Congrats on the fitness blogger feature, you definitely deserve it!

26. Jen says

I completely agree with you about push ups! In the boot camp class I take, we had to do the “100 challenge” on Tuesday. 100 push ups, 100 ball throws, 100 inverted rows, 100 sit ups then 100 burpees (some people call them squat thrusts). It was miserable!!

27. Skye Miles says

Quick question: What time do you get up in the morning? You always get a workout and a walk done before work and you should so chipper in the morning. I am so not a morning person but have been getting up at 6:30am to run. Just wondering what time you get up.

So, I have a question….What is so special about the Vita-Mix? I see that so many bloggers have them and I don’t know if I would spend that much money on one. I’m wondering what the difference is between that and a good regular blender?? thanks Julie! πŸ™‚

• says

it is like 5,000x more powerful than regular blenders. okay, not really, but it is a LOT stronger. it has NO problem blending ROCK-HARD fruit and ice. i’ve never ever seen a blender come close to being as powerful.

29. Katherine says

I’ve been thinking about getting a vita-mix….I usually just us a food processor or blender now. How much of a difference does the vita-mix make? I see you make smoothies…are they super thick/creamy due to the vita-mix or just your ingredients?

30. LindzGreerIndy says

Will you please move in with me and make me smoothies every morning?? I have two dogs so Sadie would have playmates, and I’m sure Ryan and my hubs would get along! lol πŸ™‚

Good luck planning your hot date!

31. Elizabeth says

I love your smoothie challenge idea. My fancy new blender should be here in a day or two and I KNOW I will be eating smoothies all day long for like a week. Errr. Month. Haha. Your smoothie recipes always look so yummy, I can’t wait to try some!