Push Ups Overload

Push ups dominated this morning’s boot camp class.

Since push ups own me, I was huffin’ and puffin’ and really challenged… in a good way!

Today’s class took participants through five stations that included two different exercises each. We did the first exercise for 30 seconds before resting for 10 seconds and completing the second exercise. We ran through the stations a few times and each time the push up-style movements felt more and more difficult. I think my arms may be a bit sore tomorrow! (Especially after all the dancin’ I plan to do tonight! WOO! Party time! :D )

Walk + Bargaining

After the gym, Ryan and I headed home and took Sadie on a walk around the lake near our apartment.

Me and My Gurrrl

Some baby bird hunting occurred…

Cygnets!

But Ryan and I told Sadie to wait until they’re a little older to eat their faces off.

During our walk, Ryan and I talked about our plans for this weekend and I think I may have secured a hot date for Saturday night with my husband.

You see, I tried my hand at some bargaining… I told Ryan that I would take him on a hot date on Saturday night if he cleans the shower today. Cleaning anything in the bathroom makes me gag and I consider this an awesome trade. He accepted my stipulations and I am happily brainstorming dinner ideas at new-to-us restaurants in the Orlando area.

After walking with Sadie for around 40 minutes, we made it home and I hopped in the shower before heading into the kitchen to kiss my Vitamix and make a smoothie.

Overflowing Smoothie Bowl

As I was blending away, I told Ryan that even if we wouldn’t have been able to get the Vitamix for such a great deal, I honestly believe it’s worth the ri-donk-ulous price tag because it really is that awesome. Vitamix really should cut me a check for all my of praises. Please and thank you! :D

Eat Me!

Such a smooth and creamy and thick bowl this morning! Topped off with a lil’ Love Grown Foods cocoa goodness granola (another serving or two was consumed during the blending process ;) ).

Caught in the Act

I think I may do a smoothie challenge where all I eat for an entire day is smoothies. I’m beginning to think we’re soul mates.

In Other News…

I am honored to be featured as a blogger in Fitness Magazine’s “Fit Blogger We Love” series!

Fitness Magazine Fit Blogger Feature

You may check out my interview here! :)

Of Possible Interest

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Comments

1. Jillian says

I completely 100% agree that the Vitamix is perhaps the coolest thing, most perfect blender/kitchen tool/all-in-one EVER!!!! I am totally in love.

Pushups suck so good. They are probably the hardest exercise for me to do but every time I add a rep to a set I feel like the strongest person alive. Plus they give me the best sore feeling every time.

Congrats on the fitness blogger feature, you definitely deserve it!

3. Jen says

I completely agree with you about push ups! In the boot camp class I take, we had to do the “100 challenge” on Tuesday. 100 push ups, 100 ball throws, 100 inverted rows, 100 sit ups then 100 burpees (some people call them squat thrusts). It was miserable!!

4. Skye Miles says

Quick question: What time do you get up in the morning? You always get a workout and a walk done before work and you should so chipper in the morning. I am so not a morning person but have been getting up at 6:30am to run. Just wondering what time you get up.

So, I have a question….What is so special about the Vita-Mix? I see that so many bloggers have them and I don’t know if I would spend that much money on one. I’m wondering what the difference is between that and a good regular blender?? thanks Julie! :)

• says

it is like 5,000x more powerful than regular blenders. okay, not really, but it is a LOT stronger. it has NO problem blending ROCK-HARD fruit and ice. i’ve never ever seen a blender come close to being as powerful.

6. Katherine says

I’ve been thinking about getting a vita-mix….I usually just us a food processor or blender now. How much of a difference does the vita-mix make? I see you make smoothies…are they super thick/creamy due to the vita-mix or just your ingredients?

7. LindzGreerIndy says

Will you please move in with me and make me smoothies every morning?? I have two dogs so Sadie would have playmates, and I’m sure Ryan and my hubs would get along! lol :)

Good luck planning your hot date!

8. Elizabeth says

I love your smoothie challenge idea. My fancy new blender should be here in a day or two and I KNOW I will be eating smoothies all day long for like a week. Errr. Month. Haha. Your smoothie recipes always look so yummy, I can’t wait to try some!