Guess what today is???

Easter 2011 001

Today this old bag of bones turns 26! Smile

Though birthdays are always fun, I can’t help but feel a little nostalgic that another year has come and gone. Stay tuned for a fun recap of this past year later this afternoon!

Workout

This morning, I awoke to a husband singing me happy birthday and a dog showering me with birthday kisses. I’m just going to pretend that Sadie knows it’s my birthday… just like we pretend she knows when it’s her own birthday.

After quickly changing into our gym clothes, Ryan and I headed to the gym to begin our workouts with 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical.

Then it was time for BodyPump! We did release 77 which I really enjoyed. It made my muscles buuurn!

After a walk with Sadie and a super-fast shower, it was breakfast time!

I thought about doing something totally cheesy this morning like eating a big bowl of oatmeal with a candle in it in honor of my birthday, but then I realized that I’d feel like an idiot blowing out a candle by myself and I really wanted a smoothie anyway.

Candles don’t exactly work in smoothies.

Today’s smoothie was a mocha green monster!

green monster 002

I added a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the mix to give it a little extra chocolate flava and slurped it down like it was cool… which it was. Winking smile

green monster 004

green monster 003

Birthday smoothies are the j-a-m!

As I sipped on my smoothie, I started to think about birthday meals. Growing up, whenever it was my birthday, I got to select my favorite meal that my mom would then make for my birthday dinner. I don’t think I had one go-to meal, but I remember selecting corned beef and cabbage on a number of occasions as well as soft-shell crabs, clams (last year’s selection), oysters and shellfish. I’m a seafood lover at heart!

Question of the Morning

If you could pick one meal to have specially prepared for you on your birthday, what would you select?

Comments

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAYY!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day… and remember calories don’t count on your birthday!!!
    I would have Red Velvet Cake absolutely, pizza(the really thin italian kind, with real fresh mozerella, sliced tomatoes, basil, and garlic)
    I would also want to have an awesome workout last year I hiked Aspen Mountain,nothing like conquering a challenge to make age seem irrelevant!

Happy Birthday Julie!! I’m surprised you didnt have a cupcake for breakfast…on top of your smoothie of course :)

I would like dinner prepared for me! I usually pick steak which is weird bc i eat red meat maybe twice a year!

3. adrianna says

happy bday! hope its fantastic :)

we got to choose our meals, too…always so fun. i picked cabbage and noodles tons multiple years…my mom mixes egg noodles, cabbage, and bacon with some vinegar-y sauce…mmm! i often picked tuna noodle, too.
    now, all i want is frosting and lots of it.

Yay for birthdays! “Another the day above the ground IS worth celebrating,” as my boss says, lol. My birthday is Saturday so I’m bias to a fellow Taurus and diamond girl ;) I’ll be having sushi and movie theatre snacks as my indulgence!

Enjoy your day! -Adriane

5. Alexandrina @ The Cardio Queen says

Happy Birthday!

I guess I would choose calabacitas with some fish and more veggies made with the fish. It’s usually called pescado enpapelado. Delicious! :D

6. Erika says

If you’re an old bag of bones, then I’m no longer existent :) Happy Birthday Julie! I heart your blog and your sweet personality and I hope you have a great day devoted all to you!

Happy Birthday Julie!! On my birthday I always asked my mom for pork tenderloin with cous cous and asparagus. My brothers always wanted to go out to eat, though! Now I like to choose a new vegetarian restaurant to try out with the family.

Happy Birthday! For my bday meal, i would probably choose some kind of exciting italian dish (or even just go out to my fav place), some nice red wine and tiramisu to finish off the night! YUM! Enjoy whatever else you end up doing/eating today!

9. hope says

Happy 26th Birthday, Julie! As a birthday meal, I would love belgian waffles with all the goodies…fruit, male syrup and powdered sugar. Have a wonderful birthday!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! FOR my birthday and one special meal I would have a fat salad, panda express orange chicken for an appetizer, extra double cheesy greasy pizza for the auntree, cheesy bread for side and then ten bowls of ice cream for dessert!
    No for real! Tons of pizza + ice cream =my favouruiteee!

11. Danielle says

Happy Birthday!

I just realized I kept looking in my inbox for your email. I think I am becoming addicted.

I’m not much of a cook. I rarely cook. But I do have a ‘one hit wonder’ as my hubby calls it, chicken enchiladas. So every year on my birthday I make myself enchiladas. Yes, I make it myself, cause no one can top my enchiladas. I also happen to share my birthday with a very special person, my grandfather, and he just loves my enchiladas.

12. Vanessa says

Happy birthday julie!! Hope it was a great day!

We had birthday cake for one of my students. I’ll pretend it was for you too!

Anything italian would make me happy..

Happy Birthday!! It’s also my best friend Kaleigh’s birthday :) Mine is in exazctly 2 months.

I would like some grilled steaks made for me on my birthday, with some grilled veggies, and a birthday cake!

14. Kathy says

Happy Birthday from Canada Julie… Love your blog, it is now part of my daily routine to check it out… cheers to another great year for you…

15. Anne says

Happy Birthday from Korea! Hope you had a wonderful day with your loved ones! My favorite birthday dinner (cooked by my mom, of course) has always been seasoned chicken topped with cheese, peas with butter, and Rice-A-Roni! I miss it so much! :)