Highway Hypnosis

Ryan and I didn’t set the alarm this morning and trusted our bodies to wake us up with enough time to cram in a quick workout before we had to hit the road for Gainesville.

Fortunately we naturally awoke around 7:15 a.m. and did a quick-change into workout gear before hittin’ up the gym.

While there, we completed 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill (10 minutes of incline walking + 10 minutes running) before splitting up to conquer our respective weights workouts.

My total-body weights routine took me just over 30 minutes and included three sets of 15 repetitions of the following exercises:

• Step ups
  • Shoulder raises
  • Tricep dips
  • Bicep curls
  • Leg extensions
  • Deadlifts
  • Crunches

And just like that, I was done! Open-mouthed smile

When we arrived home, Ryan took Sadie on a walk while I showered and curled my hair.

I then threw together a quick breakfast we could take on the go.

road tip to gville 005

Whole wheat tortillas with melted cheese and raspberry jelly and a cup of strawberry banana Greek yogurt on the side did the trick!

Road Trip + Lunch

We ate our breakfasts as we embarked on our 2-hour drive. Within 30 minutes, my typical highway hypnosis took over and I passed out. What is it with me and car rides that makes me so sleepy? I wasn’t even tired when we got in the car and I still conked out right away.

I awoke when we were about 10 minutes outside of Gainesville. As Ryan and I were discussing lunch options, we passed a Starbucks that was right next to a Moe’s and our minds were made up!

road tip to gville 006

We shared a chicken and bean quesadilla with chips and salsa from Moe’s before getting his and hers Frappuccinos to sip on in the car.

road tip to gville 007

road tip to gville 010

And now we’re all caught up! Time to rush to my sister’s graduation. Congrats to all you other grads out there this weekend and in the coming weeks! You have a lot to be proud of and I wish you the very best!

Comments

1. Lisa says

Aw! Congrats to your sister! I’m also a UF grad (’07) so I gotta say, Go Gators!

I also fall under the highway hypnosis. If I’m a passenger in a car driving more than 30 minutes, I’m out like a log. If only the same thing would happen on planes…

2. Emma Lowe says

I am the same way n the car. My friends HATE road tripping with me because I am out like a light within 10 minutes. They have learned to make me drive now so I don’t have that options…sneaky friends!

I always pass out in the car (if I’m not driving – umm obviously) — drives my hubby crazy! Is there nothing better than a car nap though? I don’t know what it is, but when I nap in the car I actually wake up feeling refreshed and not groggy.

Congrats to your sister! My brother is graduating with his MBA from UCF next weekend. Woo-hoo for siblings!

4. Blair @ Peanut Butter Bandit says

Breakfast and lunch look delicious, as always. :)

This is off-topic, but I’m wondering where you found your monogrammed tumbler? My old Starbucks one has finally kicked it, and I’ve been envious of yours for quite some time!

Blair

5. Linda says

Congrats to your sister and have fun!
    I just found out that Jimmie Johns is going to be opening soon near me in Rochester, NY! I’m so excited and the 1st thing I thought of was you…is that wrong?!?!
    I can’t wait to try the Unwich!

6. Kate says

Funny…we were in Asheville, NC today and ate at an old favorite, MOES. I love their closetalker salad with tofu (hold the shell!).

7. Silvina says

I’m graduating next weekend from UCF (Go Knights!). I can’t believe how quickly four years goes by! I’m going to miss school :-(

car rides ALWAYS put me to sleep too. no idea what the deal is!
    that quesadilla looks heavenly! the food network is all about cinco de mayo this weekend, and it has me seriously craving mexican!
    have fun at the graduation! :)

I love that you guys share meals a lot – we do too. They give you WAY too much food at fast food places, more than you would ever serve yourself at home! We are thrilled to share a burrito bowl at Chipotle and feel stuffed after.

10. sarah @ healthygirlrunning says

That’s so funny you fell asleep! My sister does that ALL the time! Even if it’s less than 30 minutes! I don’t blame her though… she has 2 toddlers!!

Thank you for the total body strength plan — I always have such a weird time putting something together for myself; I guess I need the guidance. Did this plan this morning before some elliptical time. :)