Family’s First Spinach Smoothie

Though I had to drive to the gym from my parents’ house this morning instead of walk like I usually do from our apartment (the horror, I know), I did have this beautiful view greeting me…

vinoy workout 007

Living in St. Pete along the water sure does have its perks.

I drove to the gym and got in a quick workout before my family awoke.

vinoy workout 002

I started my workout with 20 minutes on the treadmill that looked like this:

Minutes Incline Pace
0 – 10 1.0 6.6
10 – 20 1.0 7.0

I then took myself through a total-body weights workout by completing three sets of 15 repetitions of the following exercises:

• Leg extension, 50 lbs. (total)
  • Step ups, 15 lbs.
  • Shoulder raises, 10 lbs.
  • Bicep curls, 15 lbs. (balancing on one leg for the first two sets)
  • Deadlifts, 25 lbs.
  • Tricep dips, bodyweight
  • Ryan’s awesome shoulder move, 8 lbs.

I then kissed two dumbbells and told them I would miss them while I’m in Europe. Okay, not really, but I do enjoy strength training and will miss it a bit while we’re traveling.

At least I’ll have gelato to numb my emotions and make me forget all about it.Winking smile

As I went to assemble my breakfast this morning, I had my first “I miss you, Ryan” moment of the day when I went to reach for a box of Wheaties toward the back of the top self of my parents’ pantry.

vinoy workout 009Though I’m a tall girl, I could’ve used Ryan’s 6’2’’ frame to help me out!

I really wanted to try the Wheaties because I never have, but since I couldn’t reach them, I grabbed a box of Honey Bunches of Oats instead which I love solely because of the oat clusters.

vinoy workout 011I snacked on two small bowls of the cereal before remembering that cereal does nothing to fill me up and decided to make myself a more substantial smoothie instead.

When I asked my family who else was interested in a smoothie for breakfast, I got a resounding “ME!” from everyone.

Smoothies for all!

smoothie 001

This was my dad and sister’s first time trying a smoothie made with spinach (my mom tried one at my apartment about a year ago) and both of them were amazed that you couldn’t taste the addition of the greens.

smoothie 002

We all agreed that kicking off our vacation on a healthy note feels great!

Now bring on the pastries and pizza!!! Smile

Rumor has it that the Tampa airport has wireless internet, so hopefully I’ll see ya soon for lunch!

Comments

1. Ashley says

didn’t you know its cool and classy to climb on the counter to reach things haha
    i would have settled for bunches of oats too and a glorious smoothie
    btw i am a fairly new reader(couple months) and love thee blog
    and am totally jel that you are on your way to Europe
    enjoy

2. Lauren @ Hungry Dancer says

I used to have an obsession with picking out the oat clusters in the cereal!! It’s the best part!! Have a blasty in Europe!!!

awww it’s definitely those little things (like my 6’2″ as well husband grabbing stuff I can’t reach for me) that makes me hate to be apart! GREAT workout! Love that you made those smoothies for your family – so cute!

When I woke up this morning one of the first things I thought about was the fact that you’ll be departing for your Europe adventure and I couldn’t help but feel a little jealous (I know – it’s pretty weird considering I’ve never meet you, but I promise I’m not creepy, just a big fan of your blog). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I hope that you have a wonderful and safe trip.

Also good job getting the fam hooked on spinach smoothies. They’re so wonderful and I’m glad you’re getting the word out!

I look forward to reading all of your Europe posts, and like I said before I hope that you and your family have a fun and safe trip!

i’m so glad that your family liked like spinach smoothies! I tired to sneak in some spinach for my boyfriend when I made smoothies the other day, and he was NOT a fan. he said he could taste it (even though i’m sure he couldn’t), but it is such a great way to get in some extra greens without eating a plain salad!!

I cannot believe you put spinach in the smoothie! That sounds like something my fiance would do to me. Hahahaha.

I love reading about other people’s workouts at the gym. I am such a gym rat. I don’t know if that is me being nosy or not, but I find that it is so helpful to try what other people are doing just to shake things up a bit.

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Oooh I just wish that I could get my family to try a green smoothie! They all still REFUSE beyond belief to drink those delicious little thangs:) Ok, so question: when you write 15 lbs on curls or things like that, do you mean per arm or combined? 15 lbs per arm is pretty dang good if you’re doing that! I’m impressed!