Late this morning I wrapped up the freelance project that I started yesterday that involved preparing and photographing a large handful of peanut butter-heavy recipes. (My dream!)
The final recipe I made stole my heart and I just had to share it with you guys! Though I have my fair share of recipe flops and think of myself as more of a kitchen “experimenter” than a real baker or a cook, sometimes I get lucky and my experiments yield something delicious.
Hello peanut butter granola!
I’m not sure what the best part about this recipes is… the peanut butter flavor or the fact that the entire process of preparing and baking it took less than 20 minutes.
Either way, it’s definitely worth a try! I literally ate the entire batch I made over the course of the morning. (Sadie got a few bites too for being my sous chef.)
Peanut Butter Granola (Makes four 1/4 c. servings)
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
- Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
- Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until granola is slightly browned.
- Let cool until granola is crunchy.
Lunch today came a little later than usual since the granola did a good job of keeping me relatively full through my normal lunch time.
Eventually I dug into the fridge to assess my lunch options and pulled out a leftover chicken sausage from last night’s dinner.
Served atop a toasted bun with all the fixings and a side of cucumber slices and carrot sticks, this lunch was rockin’!
I’ve now been hit with an intense desire to go to a baseball game. But not for the game. I want a ballpark hot dog and some peanuts for dinner! And a side of cotton candy.