Peanut Butter Granola

Man oh man, do I have a recipe for you!

Late this morning I wrapped up the freelance project that I started yesterday that involved preparing and photographing a large handful of peanut butter-heavy recipes. (My dream!)

The final recipe I made stole my heart and I just had to share it with you guys! Though I have my fair share of recipe flops and think of myself as more of a kitchen “experimenter” than a real baker or a cook, sometimes I get lucky and my experiments yield something delicious.

Hello peanut butter granola!

I’m not sure what the best part about this recipes is… the peanut butter flavor or the fact that the entire process of preparing and baking it took less than 20 minutes.

Either way, it’s definitely worth a try! I literally ate the entire batch I made over the course of the morning. (Sadie got a few bites too for being my sous chef.)

Peanut Butter Granola (Makes four 1/4 c. servings)

Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 c. oats

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
  • Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
  • Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
  • Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
  • Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until granola is slightly browned.
  • Let cool until granola is crunchy.

Lunch

Lunch today came a little later than usual since the granola did a good job of keeping me relatively full through my normal lunch time.

Eventually I dug into the fridge to assess my lunch options and pulled out a leftover chicken sausage from last night’s dinner.

Served atop a toasted bun with all the fixings and a side of cucumber slices and carrot sticks, this lunch was rockin’!

I’ve now been hit with an intense desire to go to a baseball game. But not for the game. I want a ballpark hot dog and some peanuts for dinner! And a side of cotton candy.

Yum!

Comments

1. Claudine Wilson says

Hi – Thank you so much for the interesting Granola recipe – I can’t wait to try it!!! Do you use regular oats or quick cooking oats? Thanks!

2. Samantha says

I made this recipe for granola and then an idea came to me…why cook it?

I love oatmeal, but I am always trying to find new ways to eat it for breakfast cause I get bored with one way pretty quick.

So one morning I mixed up your PB Granola and splashed about a teaspoon of milk in it so it didnt clump and I ate it raw like that. SOOO GOOD!!!

3. Nikaley Anne says

I am making this for a friend who just had a baby. I wanted to make her something that requires nothing but eating, and is also packed with energy, and I stumble upon this!!! PERFECTTTT!!! It is in the oven and I am taking it over to her in a little while. I know what the verdict will be!!!

4. Holly says

I just made this tonight, i quadrupled the recipe! My husband and son LOVED it!! It was super easy and that’s what I’m all about. I will be making this all the time since it’s not only cheaper than the store but I know what fresh ingredients are going into it and I can experiment with other items we enjoy! Thanks so much!

5. Laurie B says

I made a double batch of the peanut butter granola. It is delicious! Going to try the almond butter version next!

6. Theresa says

I too quadrupled the recipe to use up honey. It it delish! My grandson won’t eat the other granola I make, but this he loved! Thanks for sharing

7. Robin says

Can you use all natural peanut butter for this? I like it as it does not have the added sugar but know it is oilier so wasn’t sure if it would work