Peanut Butter Granola

Man oh man, do I have a recipe for you!

Late this morning I wrapped up the freelance project that I started yesterday that involved preparing and photographing a large handful of peanut butter-heavy recipes. (My dream!)

The final recipe I made stole my heart and I just had to share it with you guys! Though I have my fair share of recipe flops and think of myself as more of a kitchen “experimenter” than a real baker or a cook, sometimes I get lucky and my experiments yield something delicious.

Hello peanut butter granola!

I’m not sure what the best part about this recipes is… the peanut butter flavor or the fact that the entire process of preparing and baking it took less than 20 minutes.

Either way, it’s definitely worth a try! I literally ate the entire batch I made over the course of the morning. (Sadie got a few bites too for being my sous chef.)

Peanut Butter Granola (Makes four 1/4 c. servings)

Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 c. oats

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
  • Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
  • Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
  • Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
  • Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until granola is slightly browned.
  • Let cool until granola is crunchy.

Lunch

Lunch today came a little later than usual since the granola did a good job of keeping me relatively full through my normal lunch time.

Eventually I dug into the fridge to assess my lunch options and pulled out a leftover chicken sausage from last night’s dinner.

Served atop a toasted bun with all the fixings and a side of cucumber slices and carrot sticks, this lunch was rockin’!

I’ve now been hit with an intense desire to go to a baseball game. But not for the game. I want a ballpark hot dog and some peanuts for dinner! And a side of cotton candy.

Yum!

Comments

That’s so fun that you’ve been hired to create some recipes! I’m jealous. That granola looks seriously good. I mean, adding peanut butter to anything takes it over the top. I’m totally making some of this this weekend!

Yummy I wish I could make this right now, I will most certainly be making it this week. Just out of curiosity were you making all of your own recipes for this project or did you have ones to go by?

3. Erin @ Naturally Addicted says

That granola looks delicious! Plus, it’s definitely much healthier than store-bought granola… thanks for recipe I’ll have to try out this baby soon!

4. Shayla says

Ooooo I’m definitely going to try to make that…..afforadable to since I already have the ingredients on hand! Thanks Julie :)

Btw, just wanted to let you know that I’ve loved reading your blog even more now (didn’t know that was possible since I loved it before also), since you’ve left your job. Your blog content is awesome, I love how you post 3 times a day, and the way you write and the topics are always fun to read. You truly have a gift for writing and I’m so happy for you that you can make this your job and fulfill your passions b/c this is where you’re meant to be :)

5. Chelsea M says

Tasty and easy to make granola, I’ll be sure to try this! Thanks for sharing.

I also love going to baseball games for the food and maybe a couple innings of the game 😉

I immediately made this granola right after reading the recipe :) I had all the ingredients on hand, and was in need of a snack, so I can’t wait to see how it turns out! thank you

7. Shady says

I think it would good to try this granola with a different sweetner, like maple syrup or agave nectar to keep it vegan, than use it on top of banana soft-serve for a seriously delicious dessert. Thanks for the idea Julie

gotta add cracker jacks to the baseball order! though i think my fav part has always been digging out the cheesy prize in the box…but i’m a sucker for dorky stuff like that. that chicken sausage dog though looks so delicious!!

9. Gillian says

Yum! I went through a peanut butter granola phase..it’s also so good with crumbled banana chips! Peanut butter and banana granola!!

10. Whitney says

Julie, just made the granola- delish! I did have to cook it for a while longer though. 15 mins at 325. then I put it under the low broiler for about five mins, stirring every min. that did the trick.

great recipe like always! keep them coming! :)

I just made your granola and its fantastic! Ive already had some with yogurt and fruit, and am tempted to add in some chocolate chips for a dessert style!
    Thanks for the great recipe! :)

12. Katy says

I just made this granola and now I am wondering if I should melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the granola or turn it into granola balls or something!

13. Carey @ Positively Blonde says

The granola looks so tasty! And I especially love that all the ingredients are fairly common and just so happen to be stocked in my pantry :)

Omg… That granola looks uh-mazing! May have to try this one….

On a side note: have you seen/tried Yonanas? Makes frozen bananas into an ice cream-like treat! Thought it might be right up your alley…. Saw it in In Style and heard a demo on Cosmo Radio today. I’m going to have to get it!

There’s nothing better than a ball park hotdog! I am taking my dad to a Twins game this weekend, dome dog is for sure on my list of eats at the park! I’ll be thinking of you :)

This looks & sounds SO good- I’m so going to make it! This with chocolate soy milk (or on top of a choc smoothie) could possibly me the best breakfast..ever!

17. Marcee ...... ILLINOIS says

Julie & hubby ….

Hi on Wednesday.

Re Those unwelcome pests …. I feel for you.

It’s almost impossible to “clean the place up” when you are living among these dirty creatures. They love warm environments …. breed so quickly it’s unreal. Very scary too. I HATE THEM. They made our life miserable for almost a year. Finally …. we got rid of each and every “Mickey & MINNIE” …. + friends and all their relatives. Thank you Lord.

Until 8/1 ….. when you will be g-o-n-e …. set traps in all corners and on top of appliances …. fridge, etc. w/just a little bit of peanut (yeah … they love pb) butter on each trap.

Make 150% certain there is NO garbage …. and nothing …. absolutely nothing is on the floor in terms of food items. No drinks …. sodas, etc. They will eat anything. Even each other. (gasp)

When mice cannot find YOUR food to eat, they will definitely go for the trap. Sorry. It’s either YOU …. or them. Personally, I like you better!

I know what a horribly uncomfortable feeling it is to have them running around. Like I said …. scary.

Best of ….

P.S. Granola looks great …. but w/grub and you know what …. can’t focus on food.

18. Emilee says

Hi Julie! This sounds so simple but soooo good. Do you think it would be okay if you used crunchy peanut butter though? That’s all I have right now.

19. Maggie says

Wow! After I read this post last night I was in my kitchen and making the granola within 5 minutes! It is soo delicious! Mine took a bit longer to cook too, just a few minutes more than yours.
    I totally just warmed a bit of it up in the microwave for a few seconds with some chocolate chips and used it to top my vanilla frozen yogurt. AMAZING!

20. Danielle says

I made a batch of this last night and it was so delicious! Will be making it again and again and again… :-) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

21. Bryn says

so i tried to make this and my peanut butter would not melt? it’s unsalted organic from TJ’s….help? just ruined a cup of PB?!

I made this recipe with sunflower seed butter, but I think I burned it! Is there a trick to making sure it doesn’t burn? Should I flip it half way through?

23. Carrie says

I made the peanut butter granola yesterday for a road trip & it was awesome! I sprinkled sliced almonds on top right when it came out of the oven!

24. Katie says

So I finally got a chance to make this last night. Just one question…did you intend for us to STOP eating this? Because it just isn’t possible!

I tossed about a scoop of vanilla protein powder in mine and MAN, OH MAN! It tastes like a peanut butter cookie.

25. Kristin says

I just made a batch of this and then some chocolate granola as well and mixed them! I’m calling it my Reese’s pieces granola aka HEAVEN. This recipe is great though!

26. dee says

Wow..I know the recipe says to let cool until crunchy, but man oh man, I cannot keep my hands off! This is insanely delicious! And since I made a batch of the nutella granola just before, I couldn’t help eating them together. The crunch from the cooled nutella batch and the creamy peanutbuttery flavor from the warm batch are too good together! *happy dance*

So I’ve made this granola three times now, and it seems the only issue I’ve had with it is that it’s gone way to freakin fast. It’s like the crack of granola. I absolutely love this stuff and it’s so dang easy to make. Thanks for the recipe, Julie! Please post more recipes like this.

28. Juju says

I just made your granola and it’s amazing good! Thank you for a healthy and easy snack/meal!! I had a serving with Greek yogurt :) xoxo

Just made this and literally burned my tongue snacking on it before it cooled because it is soooo good. I added some ground flax seed. This is a new kitchen staple for me!

30. Hannah says

I have yet to go grocery shopping and was a little afraid of what I would end up eating for lunch today (canned beans and tomato sauce??). Luckily I realized I had all the ingredients for this and it was delicious!

• Jen says

Saz, I think you have to use regular pb since PB2’s had almost all of the fat removed. The fat (oil) is what makes it really get a nice crisp in the oven. But by all means, give it a go and see how it turns out. Never know until you try! :)

31. Kelly says

Have you ever tried adding more protien by adding whey protien to your granola? Just curious!
    I found you randomly on Pinterest – and- small world, also a UCF grad, and moved there from the St Pete area! I live in Indiana now and miss it ALOT – your Central FL (Orlando and St Pete!) posts remind me of home!

32. Claudine Wilson says

Hi – Thank you so much for the interesting Granola recipe – I can’t wait to try it!!! Do you use regular oats or quick cooking oats? Thanks!

33. Samantha says

I made this recipe for granola and then an idea came to me…why cook it?

I love oatmeal, but I am always trying to find new ways to eat it for breakfast cause I get bored with one way pretty quick.

So one morning I mixed up your PB Granola and splashed about a teaspoon of milk in it so it didnt clump and I ate it raw like that. SOOO GOOD!!!

34. Nikaley Anne says

I am making this for a friend who just had a baby. I wanted to make her something that requires nothing but eating, and is also packed with energy, and I stumble upon this!!! PERFECTTTT!!! It is in the oven and I am taking it over to her in a little while. I know what the verdict will be!!!

35. Holly says

I just made this tonight, i quadrupled the recipe! My husband and son LOVED it!! It was super easy and that’s what I’m all about. I will be making this all the time since it’s not only cheaper than the store but I know what fresh ingredients are going into it and I can experiment with other items we enjoy! Thanks so much!

36. Laurie B says

I made a double batch of the peanut butter granola. It is delicious! Going to try the almond butter version next!

37. Theresa says

I too quadrupled the recipe to use up honey. It it delish! My grandson won’t eat the other granola I make, but this he loved! Thanks for sharing

38. Robin says

Can you use all natural peanut butter for this? I like it as it does not have the added sugar but know it is oilier so wasn’t sure if it would work

I just made your peanut butter granola recipe, and I can’t get enough!!! I have been eating the deliciousness for over an hour now with a sweet bowl of strawberries and am completely stuffed. You’re blogs are incredibly interesting and inspire me to continue working out. You also inspire me to make my own blog, but I’m not sure if I should or not. Anyways, thank you so much for sharing this delicious recipe, I will be sure to pass it on. Also,

Yum!

I always wanted to do that;)