BBC Breakfast

I have a feeling this week is going to be a good one!

Thanks to a BodyPump class that was saturated with pop music from the ‘80s and ‘90s, my workweek started on a great note!

Today’s class was taught by a substitute instructor who was all kinds of energetic… but not energetic in the I-want-to-kick-you-in-the-groin kind of way. Energetic in a good way. She took our class through an old BodyPump release dominated by jams like Salt-N-Pepa’s “Push It,” circa 1987.

Oh baby, baby… ba-baby, baby!

It was all kinds of fabulous. (Side note: If you’re into ‘90s music like me, you may enjoy working out to my ‘90s playlist.)

After a quality workout, it was time for Sadie’s morning walk. We walked for about 20 minutes before heading home to make breakfast.

On today’s menu: The BBC! (<—That’s for my wonderful British readers! Smile)

cottage cheese breakfast 006

Blueberries + Barley  + Cottage Cheese

cottage cheese breakfast 011

I sprinkled some chia seeds on top before stirring it up and digging in.

cottage cheese breakfast 013

For you cottage cheese haters out there, just pretend it’s Greek yogurt.

Almond Butter Granola Giveaway Winner

The winner of a batch of my almond butter granola is…

winner2

winner

Amanda!

Congratulations! Please email me at pbfingers@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can ship this to you ASAP.

Of Possible Interest

Comments

I just can’t get over the texture of cottage cheese…it freaks me out haha. But, that bowl looks good, so maybe I’ll have to give it another try. Just totally remembered that it’s Monday and that means the bachelorette is on tonight 🙂 YAY

I just can’t get over the texture of cottage cheese haha. But that bowl looks good, so I may have to give it another chance. Ahh I just remembered that it’s Monday and that means the bachelorette is on tonight 🙂 YAY

I just can’t get over the texture of cottage cheese haha. But that bowl looks good so I may just have to give it another chance. And I just remembered it’s Monday and that means the bachelorette is on tonight 🙂 YAY

Yesterday we listened to 90s on XM (on the way back from our mini-road trip) and it was AWESOME! I am totally a 90s girl…let’s see we had MC Hammer and Ace of Base to start the car party…I have never seen my fiance get down, but he totally did while driving…lots of laughs! I will definitely have to check out your playlist…thanks!!

Have a great start to the week!!

5. ellalinea says

Your bbc breakfast looks amazing! 🙂

Cool idea to include barley in your breakfast, Maybe’ll try to combine quinoa with yoghurt.. I wonder how tastes 🙂

Made me do a double take – BBC Breakfast is the morning news over here, and I wondered if maybe you’d been featured and I, in my coffee-less fug, had missed it! But phew. More British things please – Keep Calm and Carry On the good work, madam!

I’m so excited! I’m going to my first Body Pump-style class in a few hours. I hope I love it as much as you do, you are the first one I heard about it from!

PS – Your breakfast looks delicious! I’m loving fresh blueberries right now!

Delicious breakfast! I actually have cottage cheese and blueberries for a snack with lunch today! Blueberries have been so good lately! Very sweet 🙂

9. Jenny says

Go 90s! We were visiting friends for a wedding in April, and they took us out to a 90s bar! Best Idea Ever. Best part? If you danced horribly, no problem— everyone danced bad in the 90s!

10. Yolie @ Practising Wellness says

I LOVE 90’s music! <3 Will definitely have to check out your 90's playlist now – that sounds like the shiz 🙂 Can't imagine a better workout class than pump with 90s music. Amazing.

I was wondering what BBC Breakfast was going to be about when I saw it in my reader…I was like…the news? (It's our morning TV) Or is Julie in England somehow??? Now I see what you're sayin! 🙂

That breakfast looks so interesting! Did it take you long to cook up the barley? Or did you buy pre-prepared? xyx

11. jen @ taste life says

I looooooovvve 90’s music, but I graduated high school in 97, so the 90’s were my “coming of age” years. Every time I hear stuff from back then I feel like a teenager again!

12. Candice says

I have never thought of barley in my breakfast bowl. Think I will try it! I love how you are using Chia seeds. I put a full tablespoon in my breakfast bowls! yum!

13. Emily@RunningPerspective says

you always think of the best meals! You are so creative! I am definitely gonna try this one!!!

Hi Julie! I just wanted to let you know how much I LOVE your blog. I read it everyday and now started my sister and a few friends on it! You are such a sweetheart and have inspired me to be in beter shape, eat healthier and now start my own blog! SavedbytheBEHL.com Thank you so much for being such a sweet inspiration!

Totally random comment, but I just tried your slow cooker salsa chicken recipe for lunch! Well, I tried it with turkey and topped a toasted whole wheat bagel thin with provolone/munster cheese and the turkey salsa mix. All I can say is Thank you!! Delicious!