Everybody Dance Now!

It’s no secret that I was a big JTT lover growing up. I thought Jonathan Taylor Thomas was such a dreamboat and fell in love with him on Home Improvement. For those vegetarian readers out there, did you know he’s a vegetarian?

jtt

Eat your heart out, ladies. (I probably could’ve thought of a better expression for vegetarians, huh?)

Anyway, for me, JTT reached his peak in the movie Man of the House. I’m not gonna lie, I still love that movie. Chevy Chase + JTT + Farrah Fawcett = Win.

manofthehouse

My favorite scene in the movie occurs when JTT, Chevy Chase and the other members of the Indian Guides do a rain dance to C&C Music Factory’s “Gonna Make You Sweat.”

Everybody dance now!”

Not only is that song absolutely fantastic on its own, but it always reminds me of Man of the House and my long lost love for JTT. Basically, I love it.

When that song came on during the biceps track of the BodyPump class I took at the gym today, it took everything I had not to drop my weights and do my own rain dance in the middle of the room.

You should probably listen to it right now. Your Monday will be a little brighter, I promise.

Breakfast this morning was the old stand by.

chocolate smoothie 002

A chocolate peanut butter cup smoothie! Nice and portable because I’m taking this baby to go.

chocolate smoothie 003

I’m off to the Social Security office. Any guesses what I’m doing? I’ll give you a clue: It’s something I should’ve done months ago.

Weekend Catch Up

Playing catch up from the weekend? Here’s a brief summary:

Comments

1. Yolie @ Practising Wellness says

Oh my gosh I remember that movie, I used to LOVE it! :-D Thank you so much for brightening up my afternoon! I’m listening to the dance song now…love it! :-) xyx

2. E says

I was a big JTT fan myself. I loved HI (still do – have some of the dvds) and I can still remember seeing Man of the House in the theatre – love it still! :)

3. Kristine @ Running on Hungry says

I LOVED JTT & Man of The House (I’m pretty sure I still own the VHS!) but I think Wild America ties that for first for favorite JTT movie. JTT + Devon Sawa? Win-win!

4. Lee @ in the pink of condition says

Does anyone know what ever happened to JTT? It’s as if he vanished from the face of the Earth!

JTT – swoon! I loved Man of the House – and the raindance was definitely the best part! I also loved Wild America – JTT and Devon Sawa…I was in tween heaven.

I’m guessing you are getting your name changed! I put it off for a while after we got married, and then decided that waiting wasn’t doing me any good, so I went and sat the SS office for about 9 hours (or 45 minutes, whatever) and got it changed officially.

Have you seen the episode of FRIENDS where Phoebe goes to change her name??? Princess Consuela Banana Hammock – love it!

6. Whitney says

Ah! I loved JTT!! I even wrote about him in my diary, which I just found a few months ago in my parents garage. It was definitely full of major LOLs and my husband loves to take it out and read passages and laugh at 12 year old me.

OH how I adored and LOVED JTT! I had posters of him on my wall and watch Home Improvement, Man of the House and Wild America obsessively.

Gosh he looks so young in that photo! Like 8 years old, haha. Makes me feel OLD!

8. Anne @strawberryjampackedlife says

You’re just now changing your name? I got married on May 21 and my new license came in the mail on June 18. A friend of mine waited for a few years and then had to pay some fees since she didn’t do it in the grace period!

OMG I loved him even wrote him a letter and got a “signed” picture back.

Too bad you didn’t mention the social security office sooner, you can just mail your stuff to the one in Orlando and save the headache. That’s what I did and I had it in about 3 weeks.

10. Emily@RunningPerspective says

what did happen to JTT haha he was the bestt

good luck with the name change!!!

ps your smoothies put mine to shameeeee!

11. Theresa says

LOL, Julie you are a riot!
    I always look forward to your blogs in the morning (have to start the day off right… (o: …)! I could not figure out the song and looked it up at work; the girls here were all about dancing to it! I live in Michigan and do BodyPump as well and have to ask, do you know what BodyPump release you are on? The gym I attend is launching BodyPump 78 tomorrow and I cannot wait! But having C&C Music Factory’s “Gonna Make You Sweat” in the mix would not want me to switch up tracks.

12. Natalie says

Your post today made me smile and I now have the rain dance stuck in my head! That scene is one of my ultimate favorites! :)

13. Emily says

I crushed HARD on JTT. He was totally the Biebs of our generation! You know you’ve made it big when you hit the covers of Teen Bop, Teen Beat, Teen whatever. Then we all grew up and moved onto Leo DiCaprio after “Titanic”.

PS – Julie, I stumbled upon your blog a couple weeks ago and I can’t get enough of it! I always look forward to what you will come up with next. Keep it up!

Loved JTT and that movie!

But even more, I loved Jonathan Jackson and “Camp Nowhere”. :-)

Name change time! I’ve been married almost 3 years and still haven’t changed my passport. Oops!

I’ve recently been revisiting my childhood crushes. I wish I saved all those old copies of Tiger Beat so I an giggle at how obsessed I was. All of us should start a list of the 90s crush-worthy guys and have a where are they now blog! I keep it no secret that I’ve always been in love with Hanson, so I can get that page going!

Ohhh emmm jeeeee! I’ve been following you for about 15 months and have been so nervous to leave a comment (no idea why!). After reading about your love for JTT, Man of the House, and the rain dance, I knew I had to comment. Definitely my favorite…also, his squirrel named Numb Nuts! (I’m so mature. Ha!) Love the blog!

17. Mel says

Great call with Man of the House! I need to DVR that next time it’s on TV because it truly is a classic. One of the opening scenes when Farrah tells Chevy that breakfast is usually yogurt, fruit and granola (after he makes a huge breakfast fail) is what I think first inspired me to try the concoction. Now even the mention makes me hungry!

18. Amanda Jewell @ Science&Bananas says

Um I was totally obsessed with both JTT and Devon Sawa (umm hello Now and Then hottie)! Sadly, they both kind of peaked at around 16 :-)

Oh I loved JTT! And that movie was awesome :) Every so often I see that it’s on the movie channels we have.
    I was so sad when he left Home Improvement! Also did you know that show first started 20 years ago?! And I didn’t know he was a vegetarian.

20. Mandy P says

um, i can’t believe you love that movie too! in all honestly, my girlfriend memorized the dance and i could probably show you 75% of today if you asked me! i heart jtt too!

btw, an eggwhite sandwich with jam rocks my socks. thanks for the gift julie!

Ha! I love that song and that’s definitely one of my favorite parts of the movie.

Too bad that WAS his peak, I had such a crush on him and could have used more face time of him.

Good luck over the next two days, had my first BodyPump experience last Monday and recovered by Saturday! Great work out though!

22. Katie says

I loved that movie, too!! I have had that song on my iPod a few times and I get a little giddy when it comes on during my run. My boy and I have also recently started watching Home Improvement dvds at night, we are both big Tim Allen fans :) The library is great for finding old shows on dvd that are surprisingly always available…haha