Summer 2011 Workout Playlist

After yesterday’s workout to some fantastic Michael Jackson songs, I remembered just how much music can invigorate a workout. It was high time for me to update my iPod with some new motivational music.

Since many of you weighed in with song suggestions on the PBF Facebook page and Twitter, I thought you might be interested in my latest playlist to get some ideas for a workout playlist of your own.

As always, this playlist has a lot of throwback ‘90s music (my fav!).

Enjoy!

Now don’t you just wanna dance!?

wedding dancing

Past playlists that have popped up on PBF include:

Workout

You better believe my new playlist gave me renewed energy as I tackled this morning’s workout. I began my workout with 20 minutes on the elliptical before hopping off to conquer a total-body weights workout that looked like this:

Exercise Weights Reps Sets
Leg press 130 lbs. 15 3
Incline bicep curls 15 lbs. 15 3
Side shoulder raises 10 lbs. 20 3
Tricep dips Bodyweight 15 3
Deadlifts 25 lbs. 15 3
Leg extensions 40 lbs. 15 3
Chest press 15 lbs. 15 3
Bicep rows 15 lbs. 15 3
Hamstring ball curls Bodyweight 20 3
Various crunches Bodyweight 30 3

I was actually pretty proud of myself for doing a chest exercise on my own. I typically skip chest and back exercises when I do my own strength training (thank goodness BodyPump doesn’t neglect them!), but since I know I will likely be joining a gym in Ocala that doesn’t have BodyPump, I’m trying to incorporate those moves back into my own routine.

After my workout and Sadie’s morning walk, breakfast time arrived!

waffle sandwich 002

waffle sandwich 003

My morning meal included two toasted waffles, muenster cheese and veggie bacon.

I ended up eating it like a waffle sandwich and it was crunchy, cheesy, salty and delicious.

waffle sandwich 005

waffle sandwich 007

A solid amount of peanut butter fingers were also enjoyed as the waffles toasted because I am apparently too impatient to wait the 90 seconds it takes to toast a waffle to eat something.

Gotta get to work!

Today is Ryan’s last day of work at his current company and he will likely be home in the early afternoon. We’re hoping to see a late afternoon/early evening showing of the latest Harry Potter movie, so I’m hoping I can fly through some of the more mundane things on my to-do list today knowing that there’s such a fun activity awaiting me later today!

Comments

First of all, can I just say how much I love “Another Night, Another Dream” and am dying to run home and download it to my ipod?? I didn’t even think to look for it on itunes before haha blast from the past!

Also, is it weird that I think that veggie bacon is pretty? I’ve never eaten it and have no idea how it might taste, but it matches your plate very well. ;-)

2. Danielle Spellman @ Squirrel Snackin' says

Love this playlist! :) I remember dancing to “No Scrubs” back in middle school dances! And the DJ Kool song at the end just makes the playlist haha

Lol! I’m chair dancing to Black Betty, from your link to youtube, as I write this…LOVE that playlist! I literally gasped out loud when I saw it :-P Seriously divine breakfast…wow, so good. That melted cheese looks drool-worthy! :-) Have a great day and a fantastic time at the movies later! <3 xyx

Have you tried Kashi 7-Grain waffles yet? They smell like heaven when they are toastin’ up! I like to make a pbb&J sandwich on them- pb, banana, and jelly! yummo

5. Stephanie says

BBV is my JAM! I swear, that was the soundtrack of every single time I went rollerskating in junior high. And I absolutely have DJ Kool on my iPod.

We’re going to see HP tomorrow night. I’m pumped to see it, but sad that I don’t have any more to look forward to. =/

6. Bianca says

You will LOVE Harry Potter. It was great, though I think they could have done some scenes better. I went to the midnight showing and only woke up an hour ago, it was so worth it!

7. Bianca says

Oh, and Glee covered Michael Jackson’s P.Y.T not too long ago. Its pretty good, but nowhere as good as MJs. Check it out!

What a great playlist!! I’m going to have to download some of those songs! Btw, I have not heard “No Scrubs” in so many years, yet I still no all the words! Funny how that happens! I like the idea of melting the cheese on the waffle! I might try that! Congrats to Ryan on his last day!

Congrats on doing the chest exercises on your own. I find that women tend to neglect their pectoral muscles a lot for fear they’re going to bulk up. Which is….really hard to do in reality. Have you ever considered going heavier with exercises like the row and deadlifts?

• says

Err, just saw your comment about your wrists. In any case, doing a dead hang from a chin up bar is a great way to strengthen your grip. Farmer’s walks are really good for that too…if you have any interest.

haha I always munch while things are cooking, it just takes so stinkin long

enjoy Harry Potter!! It was SOOOO good!!!

how exciting for Ryan to finish work today! I hope you’re able to find a good house in the next week and enjoy your time together!

OMG you just took me back to 5th grade and roller rink parties!! (They have those everywhere, right?? not just Texas??)

*another night another dream* and *rhythm is a dancer* will definitely be added to my list of jams. Holla!