When Granola Becomes Dinner

This evening I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, snacking away and making several batches of peanut butter granola for The Great Fundraising Act auction winners.

peanut butter granola 003

peanut butter granola 001

By now you likely know what happens when I make homemade granola.

I eat it. A lot of it. So much of it that I feel lethargic and just want to lay around on the couch like a big blob all night.

Well, my mom and sister had other plans for me this evening.

Jazzercise

They talked me into accompanying them to Jazzercise for the 7 p.m. class. I told them I might cramp up from all the granola and pass out, but they decided to take their chances.

I’m glad they got me up and about because once I got moving, I felt much better. I did cramp up a bit in the beginning, but I just scaled my energy down a bit until I wasn’t so crampy.

Also, I must take a minute to say that Jazzercise is the JAM. Seriously!

It so much fun and I smile and laugh my way through the whole class. Yes, my sister and I are the youngest ones in nearly every class when we go with my mom but we have the best time!

During one song there was this booty shake move and I jokingly dropped it low and shook my money maker for my sister in an obnoxious way and totally got called out by the instructor. For the remainder of the song, the class looked back at me and Leslie, expecting us to do some booty poppin’. Of course our faces turned bright red for the duration of the class.

Tonight

When we arrived home, I was still feeling completely full from eating bazillions of servings of granola (Seriously… like 10?), so I brushed my teeth and claimed a spot on the couch where I plan to remain for the rest of the evening.

On the agenda? Watching So You Think You Can Dance with the fam and browse through home makeover magazines… you know, to get ideas for that house we don’t have. Smile

peanut butter granola 004

Sadie has big plans to bug my sister for leftover licks of her goodies this evening.

peanut butter granola 008

peanut butter granola 007

Apparently DanActive drinkable yogurt  and Sadie get along great!

Comments

My mom & I used to take a Jazzercise-type class once a week together & we would DIE laughing… so fun! There was a very, very old woman that would always come in wearing a leotard & nude colored “tights” so it pretty much looked like she was wearing a swimsuit.

2. Lee @ In The Pink of Condition says

Haha I love how you dropped it low to shake your booty! I totally would have done that, too. I’m such a goofball

3. Brie T says

Your granola is seriously so good. I make it about once a week and snack on it all week, but I also have to stop myself from eating all of it each time I open the container I keep it in!! I even made it for our road trip home this past weekend (14 hours) It was a great alternative to the candies and chips I could have bought at the gas station stops!

4. Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled says

I’m afraid of your granola because it looks so good and I don’t do well with anything peanut butter flavored.

I hate it when I eat too much of a good thing and then have no real appetite for anything else the rest of the day. But if it has to be something, I’m glad you loaded up on granola!

6. Amanda says

Haha I used to go to Jazzercise with my girlfriends in high school! We were the youngest in there by about 50 years, but it was tons of fun!

Wow, I would have totally done the same thing after making that granola (minus the fact I’m allergic to peanut butter, but you know)

Good for you that you went out anyway! I know the feeling of eating too much– you just want to curl up in a ball and watch tv all night.

Sadie is so precious!

I’ve tried jazzercise before 🙁 I hated it..It makes me sad because so many people have so much fun doing it! Even zumba, yeah no that’s not for me either. I’m really flexible and so during some of the moves I ccould get my leg up really high to the point the instructor started calling me out haha. You go girl dropping it down low hahaha!

9. Shayla @ The Good Life says

Jazzercise is definitely the JAM!! My first time was when I was 19 and my sister was the instructor! It was the most fun exercising I had and my first ever group fitness class. I haven’t been in forever but its a blast when I go with my mom and sis! 🙂

I definitely also “Jazz-it-Up” (the phrase my family uses) with my mom when I go home for a visit. And like you I’m usually the youngest one there! But o my goodness! – It’s quite the workout! I seriously can’t believe that my mom is able to do it twice a week….:-)

11. Holly @ The Runny Egg says

At my old gym they offered Jazzercise classes and there was an indoor track where you would basically run above the room where the class was held. It did look like fun, although super cheesy!

I love Jazzercise! My sister and I go together and we are typically among the youngest. I love that it’s also a community (at least at our Jazzercise center here in NC!) of women that are great to get to know!

I do get nervous that people will accuse me of “restricting” or other silly things if I post a certain low-cal meal. It is easy for readers to forget that your day/week/life is a BALANCE! While you may eat cake all weekend, you balance it with workouts and “no”s later in the week. I appreciate your transparency and honesty and I’m sure many of your other readers do too! I just posted some “ugly” stuff on my blog about life struggles and hope that both posts encourage or inspire someone to offer themselves the grace they deserve.