The Return of the Evening Walk

My post-work routine felt back to normal this evening!

I took Sadie on a nice long evening walk, only my sister stepped in for Ryan as my walking buddy.

vinoy st. pete 006

Taking Sadie for a walk does just as much for me as it does for her. I love walking after spending so much of the day in front of a computer. It feels so nice to get outside and stretch my legs.

My sister and I walked Sadie along Tampa Bay and walked in front of the Vinoy hotel and along the marina for a good hour.

vinoy st. pete 005

The Vinoy holds a very special place in my heart because something pretty fantastic happened there last October. Winking smile

Dinner

Once we were done with our walk, we headed home and arrived just after my mom got back from her evening Jazzercise class. We all got to work in the kitchen and made a fantastic dinner.

vinoy st. pete 008

Dinner tonight included a chopped salad topped with sautéed scallops paired with parsnip fries that I made the same way I make my turnip fries.

I topped my salad with a pomegranate dressing that was perfectly sweet and delicious.

vinoy st. pete 010

I think someone was a little jealous of our meal.

vinoy st. pete 011

Dessert was half a bag of Raisinettes. Mmm.

I must say that being back with my Sadie girl and actually eating real vegetables with dinner makes me feel so much better! I only wish Ryan could’ve been with us tonight. Not too much longer!

Off to hopefully finish packing my suitcase for my trip to Philadelphia in the morning. Packing, I loathe you.

Comments

I hear ya on the packing – HATE it! I don’t know which is worse – packing or unpacking. I’m pretty sure my life would be better without any of it!

Have a good time!!

PS – love that sad Sadie face! Poor girl!

I’m so jealous that it stays warm year-round in FL. I’m loving my evening walks right now, and I’m sad to think it’ll be too cold/dark for them pretty soon!

Sadie looks so adorable in that picture!
    My fiance and I have been taking walks at night. Just short walks around the block but I love the time together just chatting about our day without the distractions of the TV and computer- it’s nice!

I’m sure you will pack crazy cute outfits for the weekend! I LOVE raisinettes! They are my ultimate movie theater candy!! Also love evening walks and was going to go for one with my bf but he fell asleep on the couch!!

I literally just tried that dressing the other night and had rasinettes for dessert tonight! haha
    It must feel great to reunite with your puppy, I hate leaving mine!!

i bet sadie was singing, reunited and it feels so goooood! you both must be so happy to be back w/each other. i hate being away from my fur-baby.

the salad looks delicious. i’m craving veggies!!!

• says

Scallops are freaking delicious. So meaty, I wouldn’t really compare them to the fishyness of oysters. My BF doesn’t like fish but he LOVES scallops, esp wrapped in bacon! But, anything wrapped in bacon is a done deal in our house =)

7. Allie says

I’ve been away from home for 8 weeks now and can’t wait until I get back to normal routine again! Good luck with the packing. I always under or over pack. Never get it just right!

sadie is just adorable! i’m a dog-mom, too. my little girl, olive, is flipping out today b/c we’re having thunderstorms…

that salad looks delish! and thanks again for your contribution to veg&vodka – i’m getting great feedback about it!

9. Baby's Moon says

Love the Sadie face…I have a dobie girl that could be her twin sister! minus the floppy ears and tail of course…
    Where did you get that pomegranate dressing???? I cant find it in NH!

Have a great time at HLS! Just think when you come home you will be almost in your rental house, with Sadie and Ryan, making smoothies, and going on walks together!